www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
I have 2 units can probably shed some light in what is happening. You are correct the 570 is not designed to bypass.

The problem you are having is cavitation in the water box. Basically the fresh water box under the blower is not filling up all the way. This is because there is no where the air inside has no place to escape to.

The box should have a brass pressure relief piece on it, right behind the driver seat. If it isn't there call sapphire and talk to Scott and get one.

If you are also not having enough vacuum make sure your filters in the tank are clean. Also make sure you not losing vacuum because some hose clamps are not done properly.

Like I said I have 2 and my first machine had the same issue you described. This is the fix and the problem went away. The second machine came with it from the beginning with no issues. We dual wand all the time with it and have more than enough vacuum. This tells me you have a leak in the vacuum circuit.

Bob

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums
Bob, I have a question for you since you are the Sapphire guy. This thing has been eating at me so I need to ask. I have a friend whom just purchased a new 570. I went to visit him on a job yesterday and noticed that the pressure relief valve seemed to be hissing like mad. He was only pulling 5 to 7 hgs. I pointed it out to my friend and he said it was supposed to do that. Really? It is supposed to open at 5hgs?????? I always thought they opened at 13 to 15 hgs and then when they did, it was a bit of a chirp, rather than a constant hiss. I would think he is losing CFM due to the relief valve opening at such low hgs. My firend is convinced it's working properly, but I'm not so sure. Every TM relief valve I have ever seen never opened at low hgs to enable parasitic cfm loss. Bob, does you SS hiss through the hgs range?

@Jim Martin

See Spots Run

Nov 1, 2010
redding, Ca.
www.seespotsruninc.com
Real Name
Ivan Smith
Business Location
United States
Bob, I have a question for you since you are the Sapphire guy. This thing has been eating at me so I need to ask. I have a friend whom just purchased a new 570. I went to visit him on a job yesterday and noticed that the pressure relief valve seemed to be hissing like mad. He was only pulling 5 to 7 hgs. I pointed it out to my friend and he said it was supposed to do that. Really? It is supposed to open at 5hgs?????? I always thought they opened at 13 to 15 hgs and then when they did, it was a bit of a chirp, rather than a constant hiss. I would think he is losing CFM due to the relief valve opening at such low hgs. My firend is convinced it's working properly, but I'm not so sure. Every TM relief valve I have ever seen never opened at low hgs to enable parasitic cfm loss. Bob, does you SS hiss through the hgs range?

@Jim Martin
Stubby, it had 100" of hose and a dirty filter on it, no tool on the end. It opens completely at 13. It wasn't hissing like "mad".

TConway

Premium VIP
Oct 28, 2009
Redding,Ca.
www.simplycleancarpetredding.com
Real Name
Thomas Conway
Business Location
United States
The VR valve that we have, is the same as on your TM @Nomad74 , They leak a little all the time really, I have mine cranked the heck down and it will still suck a plastic furniture tab to it.
Now 5 -7 Hg and you can hear it... @See Spots Run , his TM is brand new so my guess is they will address it when he takes it in for first service, the spring is probably just breaking in is all.
His TM is really pushing the limits of flow on 2.0 hose so the VR is always going to be leaking some.
A simple test is just go out warm her up a bit add 100' of hose and block end of hose and see what Hg she hits, if she is set to hit 13 HG and does then it should be fine. Now if she doesn't then a adjustment is needed.

Reactions: Nomad74

See Spots Run

Nov 1, 2010
redding, Ca.
www.seespotsruninc.com
Real Name
Ivan Smith
Business Location
United States
The VR valve that we have, is the same as on your TM @Nomad74 , They leak a little all the time really, I have mine cranked the heck down and it will still suck a plastic furniture tab to it.
Now 5 -7 Hg and you can hear it... @See Spots Run , his TM is brand new so my guess is they will address it when he takes it in for first service, the spring is probably just breaking in is all.
His TM is really pushing the limits of flow on 2.0 hose so the VR is always going to be leaking some.
A simple test is just go out warm her up a bit add 100' of hose and block end of hose and see what Hg she hits, if she is set to hit 13 HG and does then it should be fine. Now if she doesn't then a adjustment is needed.
13" all day long. Not sure why Stubby was obsessing all night about it. I told him it hits 13.
Funny guy, that Stubby.

AdmiralClean

Poster
Premium VIP
Mar 13, 2007
Alabama
I've always thought these over-engineered machines like the Sapphires and Prochems are over-built. I don't think I have ever read a thread regarding a SS TM that wasn't filled with questions regarding some issue or another that needed attention. I'm certain they are wonderful machines when they're working correctly.

Jim Martin

Jun 5, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I've always thought these over-engineered machines like the Sapphires and Prochems are over-built. I don't think I have ever read a thread regarding a SS TM that wasn't filled with questions regarding some issue or another that needed attention. I'm certain they are wonderful machines when they're working correctly.

the 570's have no real problems...the things that people are putting out there sound worse then they are but if you ran the machine and know how it works then you know that the machine runs...and runs hard....they just produce so much heat that they bypass a lot...

there are a lot of cleaners that would love to have that problem....because even with it passing..it can produce and hold 220 to 230 with out even working hard.....

GRK STL

Jun 6, 2012
Real Name
Bob
Business Location
United States

@Jim Martin

Nomad,

I just saw this message. Yes the pressure relief should not open that low.

It sounds like it needs to be adjusted. I believe my 570 is running around 20 to 25 on the gauge.

Bob

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
Nomad,

I just saw this message. Yes the pressure relief should not open that low.

It sounds like it needs to be adjusted. I believe my 570 is running around 20 to 25 on the gauge.

Bob
↑↑↑ See what the master said Ivan... @See Spots Run ↑↑↑

Blacktie also had to have his adjusted. I know, i'm a pest.