Sapphire 570 SS owners... | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Sapphire 570 SS owners...

Bman

May 5, 2013
Real Name
Brian Bartmess
I recently purchased a repo unit. I finally had the chance to use it today with one of my techs and here is what I found and not sure if this is how the unit should run:

We cleaned approx. 2800 ft. of nylon saxony/plush, lightly soiled in a home that was vacant with 2 sets of stairs. The unit built heat quick, but I noticed the waste tank filled during the last 500 ft. of job and unit shut off. I heard water dumping into the waste tank, (same as my old PC 405), I wasn't aware this unit bypassed the hot water into the waste. We rarely had the PC titanium 6 jet wand stopped, so I found it strange it bypassed the water. Also, when we start the unit we hold the override switch and turn the axillary switch to the "on" position. The unit only has 300 hrs, but seems to run rough and hot. The regular 2' vac inlet is average at best, I want to rig hose for the 2.5 and run a 2.5 hose off the unit, reducing to 2" into the job. These are some issues I noticed during the first time out today so if you have any ideas or offering please let me know. Thanks

GRK STL

Jun 6, 2012
Real Name
Bob
Business Location
United States
I have 2 units can probably shed some light in what is happening. You are correct the 570 is not designed to bypass.

The problem you are having is cavitation in the water box. Basically the fresh water box under the blower is not filling up all the way. This is because there is no where the air inside has no place to escape to.

The box should have a brass pressure relief piece on it, right behind the driver seat. If it isn't there call sapphire and talk to Scott and get one.

If you are also not having enough vacuum make sure your filters in the tank are clean. Also make sure you not losing vacuum because some hose clamps are not done properly.

Like I said I have 2 and my first machine had the same issue you described. This is the fix and the problem went away. The second machine came with it from the beginning with no issues. We dual wand all the time with it and have more than enough vacuum. This tells me you have a leak in the vacuum circuit.

Bob

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Lance Golden

Jun 20, 2008
Phoenix,Az
gtcwc.com
Real Name
Lance Golden
Business Location
United States
I would'nt say "messenger"... Unless you know him? I have had the pleasure of chatting with Bob... I will say again, "Sharp Dude"...

Reactions: StevenB.

GRK STL

Jun 6, 2012
Real Name
Bob
Business Location
United States
Lance,

Thanks for the compliments, I like to know my machines in and out. Plus being an engineer in a past life, I try to figure things out.

Btw, the phone has been blowing up this past week. Took your advise on the net, just had my SEO company tweek the web site and did a little bit of radio for promotion.

Thanks again,

Bob

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums

Bman

May 5, 2013
Real Name
Brian Bartmess
I have 2 units can probably shed some light in what is happening. You are correct the 570 is not designed to bypass.

The problem you are having is cavitation in the water box. Basically the fresh water box under the blower is not filling up all the way. This is because there is no where the air inside has no place to escape to.

The box should have a brass pressure relief piece on it, right behind the driver seat. If it isn't there call sapphire and talk to Scott and get one.

If you are also not having enough vacuum make sure your filters in the tank are clean. Also make sure you not losing vacuum because some hose clamps are not done properly.

Like I said I have 2 and my first machine had the same issue you described. This is the fix and the problem went away. The second machine came with it from the beginning with no issues. We dual wand all the time with it and have more than enough vacuum. This tells me you have a leak in the vacuum circuit.

Bob

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums
Thank you Bob for the info. will this brass pressure relief stop the water bypassing into the waste tank or slow it down? Also, do you have to turn the auxiliary switch to on when you start the unit and leave it on while running the unit, its on the front panel? Also the vacuum is decent, but not great. I feel if I add a good inline filter it should help.

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
Bump, so what happened here? How is you SS 570 running?

dlshetler

Jun 10, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Frank Ricard
Business Location
United States
I don't know why people say the 570 doesn't bypass to the waste tank, I used one for over a year and can tell you it dumps a pile of water into the waste tank. If you can clean 2500 ft before the waste tank fills up, you're doing good.

The heat and vac is very impressive though.

Reactions: AdmiralClean

Jim Martin

Jun 5, 2008
Tucson Arizona
The 570 does by pass into the waste tank...nothing new in the industry..most do....but it is only supposed to do it if the the water box gets to hot and the therm valve opens....normally when you are using the machine..you are emptying the water box and replacing it with cooler water so there is really no reason for it to stay open......but they do now and then have to open and allow things to cool down.....

really no different from that wand by pass valve .......it also dumps and makes it's way into the waste tank....

the water box has to vent and if not it you will get cavitation....the pressure switch can only read pressure...it can not tell the difference between if it is water pressure or steam pressure..so it is not going to open and allow more water in...a vent on the back top right of the water box takes care of this problem.....also when the vent allows the steam out...the cooler water will keep the box temp down and the therm valve dumps less........

this machine can produce and maintain some hot water with little effort at all...so the therm valve probably open more then most....
I have a APO and I installed it on a live reel...takes no effort to throw the hose out and not have to worry about how much the therm valve is dumping......and still benefit from the heat...

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
Is the 570 a good machine? Does it put out enoygh heat anf pressure for tile and grout jobs?

Jim Martin

Jun 5, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Is the 570 a good machine? Does it put out enoygh heat anf pressure for tile and grout jobs?
heat is not a problem with this machine....it has no problems getting to what ever temp and maintaining it....even with tile....IMO...it is one of the best machines out there........

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
heat is not a problem with this machine....it has no problems getting to what ever temp and maintaining it....even with tile....IMO...it is one of the best machines out there........
Does that have a #5 blower?

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States

fla guy

Mar 21, 2014
Kubota is an awesome motor. Water cooled motors are the way to go. They last much longer than air cooled