Sapphire 370SS BOGGING UNDER LOAD!

Quickdryaus

Mar 31, 2015
Real Name
Noah Zamolo
Hi everyone!

Today at a job my 370ss started bogging down when ever i put it under load. So if I plugged the vacuum hose in or closed of the vacuum port it would start to bog down sounding like the unit was going to turn off. I also noticed the the engine had a slight ticking sound. It sounded different to what it normally does when the unit is running fine.

Whats your thoughts? What can i check?

Your help is much appreciated. quickdry logo.jpg

Justin Legend Brands

Expert Truckmount Mechanic
May 7, 2018
Real Name
Justin Johnston
How many hours are on the unit? When was the last time you checked/replaced the spark plugs? Feel free to give me a call 253-651-3468. You can also find me on Facebook and call me through Facebook messenger since you are in Australia.
facebook.com/justin.johnston.5454021

Dizzle Dazzle

Sep 24, 2019
Real Name
Konrad Bilinski
Business Location
Canada
How many hours are on the unit? When was the last time you checked/replaced the spark plugs? Feel free to give me a call 253-651-3468. You can also find me on Facebook and call me through Facebook messenger since you are in Australia.
facebook.com/justin.johnston.5454021

Hey Justin, I had a brand new apex 570 installed last September and from the beginning it would leak water from overflow tap. The guys who did the install said that some units have this happen and there isint much you can do. Is there really no fix, I have to disconnect one of the water lines every day or I lose water overnight.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Dizzle I have the new Apex 570 as well. It has the same problem, it is fixable it's the PSI regulator you can find it just behind the left side of the machine when facing it. Just have to tighten it a bit.

I believe there's a video on YouTube about it as well.

Dizzle Dazzle

Sep 24, 2019
Real Name
Konrad Bilinski
Business Location
Canada
Dizzle I have the new Apex 570 as well. It has the same problem, it is fixable it's the PSI regulator you can find it just behind the left side of the machine when facing it. Just have to tighten it a bit.

I believe there's a video on YouTube about it as well.
Thanks, I’ll play around with it tonight. It’s honestly been driving me crazy.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I think its this video

So my theory is if you have a fresh water tank on the truck and its plugged in, the pressure in the tank is exceeding the PSI threshold of that rod, so you adjust it and lock it down to increase the pressure needing (which is easily overcome by the transfer pump) and it will stop the overflow problem.

If you notice, your tank probably drains down to the level of the hot water box in the TM since the new Sapphires put the hot water box on the floor instead of up high.

Justin Legend Brands

May 7, 2018
Real Name
Justin Johnston
Hey Justin, I had a brand new apex 570 installed last September and from the beginning it would leak water from overflow tap. The guys who did the install said that some units have this happen and there isint much you can do. Is there really no fix, I have to disconnect one of the water lines every day or I lose water overnight.

You can adjust the incoming regulator. @OxiFreshGuy posted the correct video on how to make that adjustment.

Joeytechman

May 18, 2020
Real Name
J Kenny
I have seen blower belt slippage often described as "bogging". The blower is the majority of the sound the machine makes. When the belts loose grip, the blower slows, and gets quieter, you will hear the clacking engine sound, it's still running full speed. Once you take the load off of the blower, it comes back up to speed. Sometimes you can get away with just tension adjustment, but often a lot of slipping will wreck the belts.
Once the slippage is corrected, be sure to check the vacuum relief is set correctly. I believe the SS370 should be at 13"Hg per MFG.

Reactions: gborris

Dizzle Dazzle

Sep 24, 2019
Real Name
Konrad Bilinski
Business Location
Canada
You can adjust the incoming regulator. @OxiFreshGuy posted the correct video on how to make that adjustment.
hi Justin,
I keep having an issue with this unit. I have adjusted the regulator 3-4 times and had some parts relaced. Now there is a constant trickle of water going into my recovery tank and the only work around I have been given is to disconnect the water inlet hose when I’m not using the unit. This unit is less than 1 years old with only about 150 hours on it.

Justin Legend Brands

May 7, 2018
Real Name
Justin Johnston
hi Justin,
I keep having an issue with this unit. I have adjusted the regulator 3-4 times and had some parts relaced. Now there is a constant trickle of water going into my recovery tank and the only work around I have been given is to disconnect the water inlet hose when I’m not using the unit. This unit is less than 1 years old with only about 150 hours on it.
Hey Dizzle Dazzle,
Sounds like the thermal relief valve is stuck open. Do you have the new style thermal relief valve? This can be checked by looking at the back of the thermal well and seeing if the thermal relief valve has 1 hose coming off of it, or if it has 2 hoses coming off of it.

Dizzle Dazzle

Sep 24, 2019
Real Name
Konrad Bilinski
Business Location
Canada
Hey Dizzle Dazzle,
Sounds like the thermal relief valve is stuck open. Do you have the new style thermal relief valve? This can be checked by looking at the back of the thermal well and seeing if the thermal relief valve has 1 hose coming off of it, or if it has 2 hoses coming off of it.
Brought it in for service today. I’ll mention this to the tech. Thanks Justin.

Tony Tong

Nov 3, 2014
Real Name
Tony Tong
Hi everyone!

Today at a job my 370ss started bogging down when ever i put it under load. So if I plugged the vacuum hose in or closed of the vacuum port it would start to bog down sounding like the unit was going to turn off. I also noticed the the engine had a slight ticking sound. It sounded different to what it normally does when the unit is running fine.

Whats your thoughts? What can i check?

Your help is much appreciated. View attachment 90949
Hi , I have same problem with you . Have you solved the problem yet?

Latest posts