Sapphire 370 issues | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Sapphire 370 issues

Quickdryaus

Mar 31, 2015
Real Name
Noah Zamolo
Hi everyone,

So ive had a few minor issues with my Sapphire 370ss thats around 6 years old. 1. being i'm only getting around 140 degrees temp, 2. being I can only get around 900psi at the pressure regulator even when the unloader is tighten all the way. If i pull at the trigger it drops down to about 500psi.

So far I have tried lubing up the diverter shaft with copper anti freeze which did increase the temp to begin with. When i would turn the temp up on the thermostat the diverter shaft would open and close when i turned it down. Now the diverter shaft tries to open and close but seems to be stuck. I have to manually shift it.

I have also checked if my bypass valve on the front of the unit is flowing water into my recovery tank even when closed which it isnt. I've been told by the service guy I bought the unit from that means its fine and not the bypass causing loss of temp.

Anything else I can check please let me know?

Marly

Mar 15, 2011
Iowa
Real Name
Mark Hofer
Business Location
United States
Check the o-rings in the pressure regulator. May need to be lubricated or replaced.

Reactions: sbsscn

Quickdryaus

Mar 31, 2015
Real Name
Noah Zamolo
Hi, i checked the O rings on the stem. There is a plastic one that has a crack in it so will replace them. Are the O rings behind the stem or is it just the two that are on the stem them selves?

Does you diverter shaft open when you increase temp on your thermostat and close and when you turn it all the way down?

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
It should open when you turn down the temperature

Quickdryaus

Mar 31, 2015
Real Name
Noah Zamolo
yeah i thought so... mine doesnt open or close when you adjust the thermostat. Only when you block off the vacuum inlet.

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey Bayliss
Double check gauge....
Pull apart and clean/service the MAC valve and the vacuum lines they go brown and can clog up with foam residue. For the same reason also pull out the bimba valve, pull it apart service, clean, and grease the inside and reinstall
Descale
Check all screens and orifices
Replace the radiator cap on the heat exchanger
Check belt tension on water pump

Reactions: Jim Davisson

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
If you have the temperature completely turned down, and let's say 500 PSI, do you lose any pressure when pulling trigger on wand ?

Now try it with the temperature all the way up, any increase or decrease in pressure when pulling trigger ?

The Magician

Dec 2, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
Jimmy Nardella
Mac & bimba valves seem to be most of the problems on these machines. I think SS has come up with a new upgrade.. Try going to utube for videos

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Im at the opposite, mine is almost 1 year old and it still pegs the needle, friggin thing burns me if im not careful.

I say
visually check for leaks
check oil level of pump
clean all orifice screens
check all inlet hoses for debris or cloggs
check all wires to be plugged and firm in their connection and no
shorts to ground
replace oring and pinto on the regulator.
Check/test radiator cap at end of heat well replace if needed
check diverter valve/bimba valve to be free. lube if needed