Sapphire 370 CFM at wand

craigenstein2000

Mar 21, 2011
az
Real Name
craig reeves
Business Location
United States
Hey Guys, I just bought a new 2019 Sapphire 370 to replace by ruined Boxxer 427 and the CFMs at the wand seem quite a bit lower.
Same wand, same hose run. The blower difference is the Boxxer was a 4007 and the Sapphire is 4006. Both Trilobes.
With the Boxxer the waste tank had to inlets so I ran 4 to the door (2 hoses of 2in to a Y joiner then 2in to wand).
The new Sapphire has one inlet on waste tank, a 2.5in then runs a 2.5 hose to a 2in vacuum connection on the truckmount machine front.
Anyone skip that 2in restriction at machine and run the 2.5 from waste tank as far as they like? I mean we used to drill holes for this sh......

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Most likely the restriction on the spring load for the blower is factory set to 13 inches - maybe loosen it to 15inches. Granted this will VOID your warranty if you do it.

craigenstein2000

Mar 21, 2011
az
Real Name
craig reeves
Business Location
United States
Ha right? The manuel states no more than 13.
Also if I run it with the cover off it VOIDS the warranty.
My Boxxer 427 had a warranty and after 1500 hours it was scrap metal.
Cleaned great when it ran. Sorry I gota just get over that one.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Hey Guys, I just bought a new 2019 Sapphire 370 to replace by ruined Boxxer 427 and the CFMs at the wand seem quite a bit lower.
Same wand, same hose run. The blower difference is the Boxxer was a 4007 and the Sapphire is 4006. Both Trilobes.
With the Boxxer the waste tank had to inlets so I ran 4 to the door (2 hoses of 2in to a Y joiner then 2in to wand).
The new Sapphire has one inlet on waste tank, a 2.5in then runs a 2.5 hose to a 2in vacuum connection on the truckmount machine front.
Anyone skip that 2in restriction at machine and run the 2.5 from waste tank as far as they like? I mean we used to drill holes for this sh......
I did just the opposite on my 23/45 Relia- built unit. I have 2.5" vacuum port on unit ( single wand) and 2.5" on Boss filter so if needed at
250'- 300' vacuum hose length, I can take advantage of more airflow, but I've reduced it to a 2" and still I'm fighting wand locked down on carpet ( cgd)
I'm at 16 Hg, length of the vac hose varies from 75' ( seldom) to a 230' . If I want to reap benefits of teflon lip glide, I have to change the glide every 2 months ( allegedly virgin teflon) , heat and suck are the biggest culprit in short life span of the glide. I'm nearing 1000 hours on Relia-built ( air cooled) no signs of slowing...
If you don't want to void your warranty , add section of 50' to your inventory and see if it helps .
P.S. My wand is too precious to get holes drilled into...haha

Reactions: Clean-n-mean

craigenstein2000

Mar 21, 2011
az
Real Name
craig reeves
Business Location
United States
Thanks man.
If youre burning through glides I got a titanium wand with glide from Wanders products and its been very good. I have at least 500 hrs on a holed glide from him and its great.
Joe is his name.
But yeah I think you meant add a 50ft section of 2.5, and bump that HG up. Makes sense.

Reactions: Luky

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Thanks man.
If youre burning through glides I got a titanium wand with glide from Wanders products and its been very good. I have at least 500 hrs on a holed glide from him and its great.
Joe is his name.
But yeah I think you meant add a 50ft section of 2.5, and bump that HG up. Makes sense.
Thanks for the tip.
Much appreciated!

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Dont reinvent the wheel and go make some cheddar .
I like my things OEM .

Chris K

Jan 8, 2017
Springfield, Ohio
Real Name
Chris Kelley
I have a little Boxxer 318 that's almost new.

Felt like I didn't go big enough, so I looked at a 370 recently. The tech I spoke with was really honest and said it wouldn't be worth all the extra money, as the 370 runs at just 13" and they run the blower at just 300 rpm, giving you only 317 cfm.

My 318 runs the 36 blower at 3200 rpm, giving me 290 cfm at 14".

Bottom line is the 370 would improve my heat, and that's about all, for an extra 8k.

The 370 is a great machine, but the manufacturers should list the "specs" of their machines, no the max specs.

craigenstein2000

Mar 21, 2011
az
Real Name
craig reeves
Business Location
United States
Yeah if I had been better prepared I would have spent the extra $ and gotten a bigger machine, I knew I was expecting a lot out of a small unit. The 370 is good Im just in that beginning stage with it trying to dial it in. Im always chasing faster dry times ha!

Chris K

Jan 8, 2017
Springfield, Ohio
Real Name
Chris Kelley
Yeah if I had been better prepared I would have spent the extra $ and gotten a bigger machine, I knew I was expecting a lot out of a small unit. The 370 is good Im just in that beginning stage with it trying to dial it in. Im always chasing faster dry times ha!
We all are. Problem is, at 150 feet, it seems like there are very minor differences in dry times from entry-level machines to the monsters. So, you can spend an extra $10,000 to get maybe 10% better dry times. Long hose runs are a different story.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
We all are. Problem is, at 150 feet, it seems like there are very minor differences in dry times from entry-level machines to the monsters. So, you can spend an extra $10,000 to get maybe 10% better dry times. Long hose runs are a different story.
^^^^ so much this. Setting up your equipment different from stock can and will make a big difference in all areas. I can tell you 100% that a 45 blower in residential is plenty if used right. I run my cleanco 56 150 rpms under spec for single wand. I can bump it up to spec by moving a single wire in 5 seconds. In dual wand mode it's too much for single wand use and no actual gain at the wand. How many times do guys tell you the truth and bigger isn't really better??? I will, but I'm not selling you anything.

Pro Steam Carpet Care

Apr 1, 2017
Real Name
Matt Lowery
Business Location
United States
I have a little Boxxer 318 that's almost new.

Felt like I didn't go big enough, so I looked at a 370 recently. The tech I spoke with was really honest and said it wouldn't be worth all the extra money, as the 370 runs at just 13" and they run the blower at just 300 rpm, giving you only 317 cfm.

My 318 runs the 36 blower at 3200 rpm, giving me 290 cfm at 14".

Bottom line is the 370 would improve my heat, and that's about all, for an extra 8k.

The 370 is a great machine, but the manufacturers should list the "specs" of their machines, no the max specs.
Dunno, we get tons of heat and vac with our 370's