Saphire Scientific Advice

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I too was worried when I bought this machine. I still wonder if I did the right move ( when my pump leaked) But honestly it is a very good machine, I mean it never overheats or dumps water into my waste tank, it gets super hot and fast, Its sleek and it well designed. I have nothin bad to say about a judson or alot of other machines but I just wish those manufactures would design something not so bulky. My last machine was bulky, overweight and just plain not designed right. I personaly do not like propane heaters (little giants) or kerosene burners for the heat. I think its great that technology can make things more simple. Honestly The saphire machines and most newer machines are not very complicated if anything they tend to make machines that are engineered to be simple in technical terms.

Reactions: smart n kleen

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I've had all the same issues with my 570ss. I've replaced the diodes , computor ,fresh water box pressure cap , had the by pass installed first thing. The first thing we always do is check the oriface and filter. They need to be cleared out evry 2-3 weeks. Usually fixes the problem. Also I've had to replace the water box thermal valve or water ever it's called like 3 times.

Are you doing the daily checks? The manual mentions to regularly lube the thermal valve. new tech or old no matter what it is the operators responsibility to do routine checks, very important. I just let go of a bunch of hard worked money you bet im going to keep an eye on everything. Was your machine under warranty? or were the repairs out of your pocket? Was your truckmount new or second hand?

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
@cptuphcln im gratefull the parts have been sent thank you for that....but can you tell me why it takes 2 weeks to ship warranty parts? Website isnt letting me quote @admin for some reason, but someone mentioned not being a diva im the farthest thing from that i feel like ive been overly patient if anything...ive built my own machines multiple times i completely understand machines break down but 5 to 6 months on the bypass cooler @cptuphcln said cooler is on its way hope its a different one than they were using cause ive already replace it 3 times out of my own pocket.

Over 2 months to diagnose and ship warrant parts on the shut down issue. Then the thing floods my shop and office with a new issue (my office is brand new was just finished being built a week ago now were doing a dry out on it) sorry but its a little flustrating especially with a 30+ thousand dollar machine. @Mr. Esteamy unit was bought brand new, im about as anal as it gets with maintenance on all my equipment. That 870 is my personal machine its been babied.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
I do want to mention Rick, and Tim at Legend Brands verbally have been great as far as trying to get the issues remedied i truly believe they both have made an effort to get these things fixed. However i believe the problem lies in Legend Brands warranty and how they handle warranty claims.
The first time the bypass cooler blew me and my distributor called them and the tech guy Scott basically said we prob let it freeze and it wouldnt be warrantied we would have to send it in for inspection before any part would be sent out. The day before and the day it blew it was in the 40s and all my trucks sit in a heated shop at night.
We had to source the cooler locally and purchase it ourselves because we were to busy at the time to take the machine out of service and wait on Legend Brands to twittle their thumbs, this happened 3 times.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Don't be a Diva? Wow! A guy drops over $30k on a brand new machine that doesn't work, and continues to shut down, been doing this for months now, and some yahoo calls him a Diva? Spencer, I'd take that machine back and dump it off at the shop, and demand a refund. You've been way too nice, and way too patient. Your machine makes my old Amtex look like a good TM. F that!

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
sad to say but I must say..... I told so! those machines are pieces of junk. You are in for a lifetime problematic piece of fancy equipment. Why don't you buy a dragon? :p Jason is so happy with his:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
sad to say but I must say..... I told so! those machines are pieces of junk. You are in for a lifetime problematic piece of fancy equipment. Why don't you buy a dragon? :p Jason is so happy with his:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Not sure if you are referring to me or another Jason as there is nothing about a guy having issues with his machine that would make me happy :confused:

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Scott from legend brands just called said tracking showed the parts at my distributor at the end of march so he assumed all was good.....maybe they got lost not sure but he said he was overnighting all parts needed to remedy my issues he was very apologetic and honestly thats all i wanted.
Long as the parts show up tommorow to fix it im completly good now. Just wanted someone at legend to act like they gave a shit and follow thru on what they said.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Sorry you're going through this, This has to suck! I saw a youtube video of their plant tour and on the video it looked like they're on top of parts and production, why would they not be able to overnight something for you? I recently had mine break down but my awesome distributor was able to have them overnight a brand new replacement part. My machine was up and running within 24 hours not months. I wonder what the heck is causing the delay? Honestly I cant wait for my machine to be out of warranty. I've got a lot on mods to make. I cannot complaint, I really love the design of my machine

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Bro
I'm in your corner on this....
For 30 k they shud give u a new machine..
My neighbor bought a brand new toyota...
Only problem with it is it didn't get the mileage that was quoted on the sticker...
It was way off...aparently...

She took it back and they had her in a new car the same day....
These guys shud be jumping.....to gt this fixed....
I am in the process of building a powerful tm that anyone can fix.....

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

ccclean

Mar 12, 2016
Real Name
Stephen Boisvert
Well just an update for anyone thats interested. My new 870 still has no bypass cooler and is spliced in a loop (saphire scientifics current fix for the problem). Still randomly shutting down it may do it 6, 7, 8 times in one day may not do it at all in a day but usually happens when im in a 4th story apt (been waiting on saphire scientific for almost 3 months for a fix for this issue).

My distributor spoke with their tech guy over 2 weeks ago and they were supposed to ship him some parts to throw at it in hopes it would fix the problem......still no parts still no fix, had a customer the other day ask me if i was going to be able to finish their house with my machine shutting down every 5 minutes (just slightly embarrassing). Gotta love saphire scientifics great customer service!!
Went out to my shop this morning and apparently now my thermowell overflow is leaking like a siv flooded the shit out of my van, office & shop (15 airmovers, and a dehu running currently to dry it out). Havent even bothered calling them yet whats the point? Based on my last two issues it will be months of waiting and no fix for the problem.
Ive been really patient and easy going up to this point, every time i call rick tells me its unacceptable and their gonna take care of it but they havent fixed a fudgeing thing as of yet.
I have an appointment with my attorney in the morning to find out what can be done if theres a lemon law for 30 something thousand dollar pieces of equipment in my state. I feel like ive been more than patient im done with being patient at this point.

I had the same problem with the random shutdown.
I think it’s your distributor not ordering the parts right or something, not SS but I don’t know. My experience is that I’ve had no trouble getting parts.
I’m not saying SS makes a trouble free machine
but they are by no means junk.

If you have water incoming to the water box when sitting they will often over flow, it’s just not the best design. Shut of your demand pump when parked and you won’t have a problem.

And yes you would’ve been better off with an Everest but I don’t think a lawsuit is going to fix this for you. They will get the machine fixed, try a new distributor if possible.

Reactions: sbsscn

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Im pretty loyal to my distributor hes a great guy not to mention i sold him the distributorship several years ago lol. He ordered the parts legend brands said he did guess they just got lost in shipment or something, hell may have gotten misplaced at the distributor.
Like i said machine is a beast when running correctly, and im happy with the way they are handling it now (if i get my parts tommorow). Just wish they would have handled it this way from the start....cancelled my appt with my attorney today so not going that route right now.

Reactions: Pinosan

ccclean

Mar 12, 2016
Real Name
Stephen Boisvert
Im pretty loyal to my distributor hes a great guy not to mention i sold him the distributorship several years ago lol. He ordered the parts legend brands said he did guess they just got lost in shipment or something, hell may have gotten misplaced at the distributor.
Like i said machine is a beast when running correctly, and im happy with the way they are handling it now (if i get my parts tommorow). Just wish they would have handled it this way from the start....cancelled my appt with my attorney today so not going that route right now.

Fair enough,

You can pull the blue wire on the pump switch and the machine shouldn’t shut down, granted you will have little heat.

Anyhow I hope it gets straightened out and turns out to be a great machine.

Reactions: SRD

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
It's a shame that you have to threaten lawsuit to get someones attention.

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Question. Why even buy a unit from one of these TM manufacturers when you clearly have the ability to build a fine machine yourself that doesn't leave you at they're mercy?

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
@Ed Cruz biggest reason was timing one of my guys wrecked/totalled my truck that had the punisher build in it and we were so busy at the time i didnt have the time to build a machine so i just bought what was said to be one of the biggest baddest out there. Hindsight always being 20/20 maybe i should have just bit the bullet and built one if I'd spent that much money on a build it would have been a fire breathing beast for sure.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
even though building a TM takes months....

the good thing about it is you know every bolt nut and belt...
and can diagnose within minutes what is wrong.......

but i have to build fuel heater only.....cant do the HX...complex.......

that way every component is separated and I can diagnose and take it to engine, blower or northern tools for them to fix.......