keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Anyone on this thread have any feedback on the Sniper 800 PSI or the Sniper 400/1200 PSI adjustable extractor. I'm looking to add a spinner to my hard floor cleaning and wondering if these are good options for a spinner head and if the additional/adjustable PSI is worth the additional $1K for the Sniper 1200 unit? TIA!
Some of these guys aren’t around anymore. Better to open a new thread.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
So what's the benefit of more air flow and what's the difference between air flow and lift? TIA!
More airflow cfm is what clears the wand and hose. Lift picks it up debris and water. Also the higher cfm will reach its lift faster and maintains it when the wand is placed on the floor. Or while wand goes over uneven floors breaking the seal. Not enough cfm and the water will just hover in your wand tube and fill your vac hose. Very annoying lol. Its why i pulled those motors out of a brand new machine back then. Dont buy into the fake stats manufacturers list. Ninja 150” lift lol. More like 80”.
i will say for tile cleaning you will want an auto fill and auto pump out. Tile uses a lot more water and even a small job you will end up emptying quite a few times.
Also should come with a good pump with adequate water flow (you need this for the spinner). Check on it i think they need 2 gpm i could be wrong but check on that.

Reactions: john martinez

john martinez

Dec 9, 2014
phoenix, az
www.facebook.com
Real Name
AZ NaTiVe
Business Location
United States
More airflow cfm is what clears the wand and hose. Lift picks it up debris and water. Also the higher cfm will reach its lift faster and maintains it when the wand is placed on the floor. Or while wand goes over uneven floors breaking the seal. Not enough cfm and the water will just hover in your wand tube and fill your vac hose. Very annoying lol. Its why i pulled those motors out of a brand new machine back then. Dont buy into the fake stats manufacturers list. Ninja 150” lift lol. More like 80”.
i will say for tile cleaning you will want an auto fill and auto pump out. Tile uses a lot more water and even a small job you will end up emptying quite a few times.
Also should come with a good pump with adequate water flow (you need this for the spinner). Check on it i think they need 2 gpm i could be wrong but check on that.
Some of these guys aren’t around anymore. Better to open a new thread.
Keep it Clean thanks for the reply! I was starting to think I was in the twilight zone of TMF bc last time I was on here feedback came early and often. Not so much this time around. Kinda sad but I will certainly keep in mind what you said about auto fill and pump out because the Sniper 800 doesn't offer that even if 800 PSI is adequate. I believe the Sniper 1200 adjustable does though. Also probably better that it can adjust down to 400 for carpets. Hopefully traffic will pick up in here again. Happy New Year Sir & thanks again. Now if I get get a reply to my stone care post... God's blessings on you & your family.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Keep it Clean thanks for the reply! I was starting to think I was in the twilight zone of TMF bc last time I was on here feedback came early and often. Not so much this time around. Kinda sad but I will certainly keep in mind what you said about auto fill and pump out because the Sniper 800 doesn't offer that even if 800 PSI is adequate. I believe the Sniper 1200 adjustable does though. Also probably better that it can adjust down to 400 for carpets. Hopefully traffic will pick up in here again. Happy New Year Sir & thanks again. Now if I get get a reply to my stone care post... God's blessings on you & your family.
Yeah buddy not too many porty guys posting anymore.
I had the water otter its a 1200 psi pump same as most pumps they put in machines only they made it portable with feet and redirected water back into itself. I used it for carpet. Ran it about 350ish 400. You can look into the Nautilus. It comes with all the bells and whistles.

john martinez

Dec 9, 2014
phoenix, az
www.facebook.com
Real Name
AZ NaTiVe
Business Location
United States
I had the water otter its a 1200 psi pump same as most pumps they put in machines only they made it portable with feet and redirected water back into itself. I used it for carpet. Ran it about 350ish 400. You can look into the Nautilus. It comes with all the bells and whistles.
Yeah the water otter might work because I'm not looking for heat since I usually do VLM Bonnet Carpet Cleaning and just looking for good PSI and suction for hard floors specifically stone so I can start stone Polishing once I learn how and aquire the proper tools and accessories. The nautilus is I remember was definitely top of the line just probably more $ than I was hoping to spend if I can help it. If I thought my MultiWash would effectively get the deep pits of travertine I'd just run it and keep my Mytee Speedster 200 psi

Reactions: keep it clean

john martinez

Dec 9, 2014
phoenix, az
www.facebook.com
Real Name
AZ NaTiVe
Business Location
United States
Yeah the water otter might work because I'm not looking for heat since I usually do VLM Bonnet Carpet Cleaning and just looking for good PSI and suction for hard floors specifically stone so I can start stone Polishing once I learn how and aquire the proper tools and accessories. The nautilus is I remember was definitely top of the line just probably more $ than I was hoping to spend if I can help it. If I thought my MultiWash would effectively get the deep pits of travertine I'd just run it and keep my Mytee Speedster 200 psi
Actually the more I think about it the more excited I get about your solution to my problem because my mighty Speedster 1000 DX has great suction just lacks pressure so I could probably just run a garden hose to the water otter and then run my high pressure solution line to the water otter and just keep running my same portable Mytee Speedster for the vacuum and as a side benefit I wouldn't have to add any water to my extractor all I'd have to do is empty out the dirty water tank when it's full or if I need to move it upstairs using 5 gallon buckets does that sound about right to you?

john martinez

Dec 9, 2014
phoenix, az
www.facebook.com
Real Name
AZ NaTiVe
Business Location
United States

Is this what you used to use KIC?

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Actually the more I think about it the more excited I get about your solution to my problem because my mighty Speedster 1000 DX has great suction just lacks pressure so I could probably just run a garden hose to the water otter and then run my high pressure solution line to the water otter and just keep running my same portable Mytee Speedster for the vacuum and as a side benefit I wouldn't have to add any water to my extractor all I'd have to do is empty out the dirty water tank when it's full or if I need to move it upstairs using 5 gallon buckets does that sound about right to you?
It will work fine. You’ll just have to pay attention to your extractor. As you wont know how full its getting.

john martinez

Dec 9, 2014
phoenix, az
www.facebook.com
Real Name
AZ NaTiVe
Business Location
United States
It will work fine. You’ll just have to pay attention to your extractor. As you wont know how full its getting.
That's a good point. I don't think I've ever had a full exhaust tank. Do most units have any indicators when it's getting full? I was also wondering if I'd probably have to run the pumptec on a separate circuit or I'll trip the breakers? How do you know you're on a separate circuit if necessary BTW since their won't be any indicators? I was on pumptec's website and noticed several different models I'm assuming some go inside the extractor and some outside. Are their options for exterior units? And are they all adjustable? TIA KIC!

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
That's a good point. I don't think I've ever had a full exhaust tank. Do most units have any indicators when it's getting full? I was also wondering if I'd probably have to run the pumptec on a separate circuit or I'll trip the breakers? How do you know you're on a separate circuit if necessary BTW since their won't be any indicators? I was on pumptec's website and noticed several different models I'm assuming some go inside the extractor and some outside. Are their options for exterior units? And are they all adjustable? TIA KIC!
I just hook up one cord in bath the other in kitchen. The pumptec can sometimes run on same circuit as one of the vac cords. Its easy to tell if vacs are on same circuit as when you flip tge second switch youll hear the motor start dying down. Or lol lights dim. The pump though i used to leave outside so ide plug it into any outlet close by. Kitchen and bath should theoretically be completely separate. But if theres a bath directly above one another? Those will probably be one circuit.

as far as tank filling. You have to use your best judgement. They do sell float switches. When they raise they cut the power. Will need little electrical knowledge.

if you are running into old construction and having trouble with separate circuits. Homedepot sells Klein circuit finders. You simply plug the transmitter into the outlet of choice. Then touch the breakers with the receiver. Then move transmitter to your next choice and hopefully it will be a different breaker. They run about 40 bucks.
Your friend has shared a link to a Home Depot product they think you would be interested in seeing.
This is the one i just bought for doing electrical. I got tired of running up and down steps. Little finicky but works.
Digital Circuit Breaker Finder

Some carpet machines come with an indicator light. But they dont always work.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
If you get the otter. Get one if these. It makes disconnecting faster. Its a pain in azz to try unthreading the garden hose from the pump. This makes it easy.

They sell it for pressure washers. Not the cheap plastic type.
Garden Hose Quick-Connect Kit

john martinez

Dec 9, 2014
phoenix, az
www.facebook.com
Real Name
AZ NaTiVe
Business Location
United States
I just hook up one cord in bath the other in kitchen. The pumptec can sometimes run on same circuit as one of the vac cords. Its easy to tell if vacs are on same circuit as when you flip tge second switch youll hear the motor start dying down. Or lol lights dim. The pump though i used to leave outside so ide plug it into any outlet close by. Kitchen and bath should theoretically be completely separate. But if theres a bath directly above one another? Those will probably be one circuit.

as far as tank filling. You have to use your best judgement. They do sell float switches. When they raise they cut the power. Will need little electrical knowledge.

if you are running into old construction and having trouble with separate circuits. Homedepot sells Klein circuit finders. You simply plug the transmitter into the outlet of choice. Then touch the breakers with the receiver. Then move transmitter to your next choice and hopefully it will be a different breaker. They run about 40 bucks.
Your friend has shared a link to a Home Depot product they think you would be interested in seeing.
This is the one i just bought for doing electrical. I got tired of running up and down steps. Little finicky but works.
Digital Circuit Breaker Finder

Some carpet machines come with an indicator light. But they dont always work.
Ill definitely check one of those Klein tools out and also listen for the vacuum motor to possibly bog down or lights dim. Luckily I only have one cord on my extractor so should only need two outlets. Do you know if the pumptec's are adjustable I didn't see that on Steambrite's website and do they leak is that why you left it outside?

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Ill definitely check one of those Klein tools out and also listen for the vacuum motor to possibly bog down or lights dim. Luckily I only have one cord on my extractor so should only need two outlets. Do you know if the pumptec's are adjustable I didn't see that on Steambrite's website and do they leak is that why you left it outside?
They have an unloader. So you can adjust pressure.
It shakes like crazy so i prefered to leave it outdoors. Just incase the hose would work itself loose. Plus when you disconnect garden hose water will pour out of it.

• Wow

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
2 cords should be easy. Kitchen may have more than one circuit also. Its just better chances useing bath and kitchen outlets.

john martinez

Dec 9, 2014
phoenix, az
www.facebook.com
Real Name
AZ NaTiVe
Business Location
United States
They have an unloader. So you can adjust pressure.
It shakes like crazy so i prefered to leave it outdoors. Just incase the hose would work itself loose. Plus when you disconnect garden hose water will pour out of it.
Ok if it shakes like crazy I'll probably have to pu some more high pressure hose bc I only have 25' currently
2 cords should be easy. Kitchen may have more than one circuit also. Its just better chances useing bath and kitchen outlets.
I like to keep my set-up as simple as possible but still want to provide excellent results so hopefully this all comes together for a travertine job that inspired me to re examine my services

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Ok if it shakes like crazy I'll probably have to pu some more high pressure hose bc I only have 25' currently

I like to keep my set-up as simple as possible but still want to provide excellent results so hopefully this all comes together for a travertine job that inspired me to re examine my services
Yeah you’ll definitely want more than 25’. I had [email protected] 25’. And i had a 100’. I rarely used the 100’. And a small ball valve so you can swap tools. Its a lot harder to swap tools on 1200 psi vs 200.

• Haha

john martinez

Dec 9, 2014
phoenix, az
www.facebook.com
Real Name
AZ NaTiVe
Business Location
United States
Yeah you’ll definitely want more than 25’. I had [email protected] 25’. And i had a 100’. I rarely used the 100’. And a small ball valve so you can swap tools. Its a lot harder to swap tools on 1200 psi vs 200.
Great tip I'll pu more solution line and a ball valve I bet interlink would have that possibly my local janitorial supply store Thanks KIC! You've definitely given me some direction to go starting... immediately; )

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Great tip I'll pu more solution line and a ball valve I bet interlink would have that possibly my local janitorial supply store Thanks KIC! You've definitely given me some direction to go starting... immediately; )
Thats where i got mine at Interlink. Stainless 1/4” 1000psi ball valve.