Sandia sniper | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Sandia sniper

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
As ppl have said above. 1400 is to high. I've bought 500 psi dual 3 stage portables for 300 dollars off Craigslist. Just have to be patient for the right deal

Reactions: jtsunbrite

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
A few pics of my sniper
That would be a nice machine retrofitted with auto fill and pump out. it has a small footprint making it easy to unload off the truck and get around. but emptying it with buckets will get old fast.

May 23, 2014
That would be a nice machine retrofitted with auto fill and pump out. it has a small footprint making it easy to unload off the truck and get around. but emptying it with buckets will get old fast.
That's a great point! When I bought it, I was 100%vlm and I just wanted it for upholstery, and when HWE was the better option. The small footprint with all the power was a huge plus but now that I am doing more HWE than I use to, the small tanks are becoming an issue. If anyone can put up a link on how to retrofit apo and auto fill without adding a ton of new power cords I would appreciate it. I already plan on upgrading to a 2 inch hose barb so I can run at least 75ft of hose.

Reactions: keep it clean

brianedwards25

Mar 26, 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Real Name
Brian
Business Location
United States
Btw I only payed $600 plus shipping on eBay for my little sandia sniper. One of the vac motors was a little damaged but nothing super glue couldn't fix lol. I definitely wouldn't spend $1400 on one though used. It has more than paid for itself though. I cleaned 63 lobby chairs and a couch at a clinic with it yesterday.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
That's a great point! When I bought it, I was 100%vlm and I just wanted it for upholstery, and when HWE was the better option. The small footprint with all the power was a huge plus but now that I am doing more HWE than I use to, the small tanks are becoming an issue. If anyone can put up a link on how to retrofit apo and auto fill without adding a ton of new power cords I would appreciate it. I already plan on upgrading to a 2 inch hose barb so I can run at least 75ft of hose.
The 2" hose and barb was the first thing I did. and man did it make a difference. the 2" hose clears water faster lift doesn't change though.

I havnt done the pump out and auto fill modification myself. but others here have. start a new thread about it. and you'll get good advise on how and what works best. think steambrite may have a kit not sure.

brianedwards25

Mar 26, 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Real Name
Brian
Business Location
United States
The 2" hose and barb was the first thing I did. and man did it make a difference. the 2" hose clears water faster lift doesn't change though.

I havnt done the pump out and auto fill modification myself. but others here have. start a new thread about it. and you'll get good advise on how and what works best. think steambrite may have a kit not sure.
Did you change your house barb or get the lid with the 2 inch barb that steambrite sells for $80?

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Did you change your house barb or get the lid with the 2 inch barb that steambrite sells for $80?
You can make that thing they sell yourself with pvc. the blue piece is just a slice of off flat sump pump hose. think you can get it by the foot. they just use it to get the incoming water below the stack. a longer piece of pvc will do the same. I use to have this in mine to help redirect incoming water.
1448572657698.jpg
or you can make a shield for the stack out of any plastic snd zip tie it in place. my problem was the a or coming in was now faster and would spray the cage. and in turn waste water would be pulled through the vacs.

now if you find that the pvc doesn't pull tight to the lid. because pipe thread will only tighten so far. go to electrical aisle and get 2" conduit nut. it fits the 2" pipe thread perfectly.
this is 1 1/2" but you can see where there's a gap. the nut can be tightened down to snug it up.
1448573099246.jpg

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Id like to see this tested at the end of 50ft of 2inch....The lift that is.
I did test it. I don't have anything to test cfm with though. I only have the vac guage . my machine would top out at 10. but it takes a few seconds to get there. it's not instant. sealed it's around 8 then a few seconds it spikes to 10 and holds. wether it's at the barb or at end of 50' it's the same. I even tested it after 50' going into a 30 air tank. lift unchanged. but cfm probably suffered. somebody did test it a ways back couple years and found where after so many feet of hose water lift dropped off a little. may have been Jimsteam's video probably.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I did test it. I don't have anything to test cfm with though. I only have the vac guage . my machine would top out at 10. but it takes a few seconds to get there. it's not instant. sealed it's around 8 then a few seconds it spikes to 10 and holds. wether it's at the barb or at end of 50' it's the same. I even tested it after 50' going into a 30 air tank. lift unchanged. but cfm probably suffered. somebody did test it a ways back couple years and found where after so many feet of hose water lift dropped off a little. may have been Jimsteam's video probably.
all I have is a pic. but i can set it up again. I have 50' of 1.5" & 2".
1448666361043.jpg
this is guage I used. the mark before the 5 is where the ninja warrior ran at before with dual 2 stage advertised 150" water lift. ha ha ha not funny pathetic...
the mark between 5 & 10 is where it hovers at now after gutting it and adding lmb2a's but hits 10 when sealed clawing or whatever.
1448666652131.jpg
this was at end of 50' 2" hose with 5' 1.5 whip going into 30 gal compressor tank.