Sandia sniper | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Sandia sniper

torchman

Jan 29, 2015
Real Name
Adam morris
I found a Sandia sniper for sale. It has 200psi with heat for $1400 the problem is I can't seem to find the exact one online to see what they sell for. This one has a gage very similar to a storm. Is 200psi enough to do stairs and maybe some residential for a real estate agent.

russrroberts

Jan 30, 2014
Prescott, AZ
www.steamnfresh.com
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
People have cleaned hoses with 100psi portables for decades, the best thing you can do when you don't have as much psi is agitate. You can even use it on tile as long as you agitate.

Rick Imby

Jul 2, 2009
Montana
www.missoulagreencarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States
The Porty manufacturers can add or subtract items to their unit easily. Most of the porty users on this forum (not all) would rather have two high powered vac motors on two circuits with than two lower powered vac motors on one circuit and a heater on the other.

1400 is a bit high in my opinion for a used unit. I have seen several in the $500 range on Craigslist. I would wait for a $500 unit and then spend $300 on two new fresh hot rod motors.---There is a lot of info in the Portable forum on here.

If this unit were pretty---looking like new---I would still only be looking to pay $500 as I would pull the heater and add new motors.

Reactions: jtsunbrite

torchman

Jan 29, 2015
Real Name
Adam morris
It is still in the box but looks like it has been used a few times weather to test it out or what I am not sure. Owner claims there was a small leak somewhere on it but does not want to pay to ship it back.

torchman

Jan 29, 2015
Real Name
Adam morris
So I could use my cimex for agitation with the micro fiber bonnets then

Rick Imby

Jul 2, 2009
Montana
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States
Leaks are often just a loose connection unless the pump is leaking. If you are going to pay full price for a used machine---buy a new machine that you want. If you are buying used ---get it cheap.

brianedwards25

Mar 26, 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Real Name
Brian
Business Location
United States
I have a sandia sniper that i brought used. Mine is the 6 gallon version with 300psi and dual 3 stage vac motors and 2000 watt heater. I love my portable but wish i had auto pump out and fill or a bigger tank. I will be adding a 2 inch vac port so i can run at least 75 ft with good vacuum
. But good agitation is a must

Reactions: keep it clean

torchman

Jan 29, 2015
Real Name
Adam morris
That looks like the same one that I am looking at. Why can't I find it on the internet all the ones I find do not have the gage on them not sure if that makes a huge difference in price. I was trying to find a price for it to see how good or bad the price is. From what I have gathered I may be better off just buying a new one. I just thought it would be convenient because it is close to home.

May 23, 2014
Holy Smokes it sounds like a lot of work to bucket brigade with a 6 gallon tank. Barely get through a room without running out of water. It would not be that difficult to put on a simple APO.
You are right 6 gallons isn't enough for a lot of carpet work. I also use a cimex, Hos Orbot, and I recently purchased a used tsunami that I haven't used yet. I like the 6 gallon because it fits in my small hatch back when I want to do upholstery. I am using it tonight on lobby chairs at a clinic. It also works well as a spotter because it has as much power as the larger dual 3 stage portables.

May 23, 2014
Also brianedwards25 is the account that comes up from my phone and 2carpetcleaners is when I post from my tablet. Same account though.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I found a Sandia sniper for sale. It has 200psi with heat for $1400 the problem is I can't seem to find the exact one online to see what they sell for. This one has a gage very similar to a storm. Is 200psi enough to do stairs and maybe some residential for a real estate agent.
Sniper 200 psi for 1400 is too much, they are not too much more than that brand new,, and it has a leak somewhere? Its not worth that much. Maybe 500

when you are looking at a used porty look for a beautiful one, because motors are motors you will end up replacing those anyway.. so get a good case with no cracks and no cracks in the wheel wells. Look at the cords and you can tell if they have a lot of use on the machine for hot cords twisting.

torchman

Jan 29, 2015
Real Name
Adam morris
Thanks for all the help this forum is the best thing. I was hesitant to post this because I am sure this similar question comes up alot but I did a search and was not able to find any info. Thanks for all the replies looks like I am still in the market for a good porty.

Rick Imby

Jul 2, 2009
Montana
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States
If you are looking for a used porty, I would focus on Craigslist in your area. Shipping a porty will often cost you about $200 which makes it difficult to get a great deal. You can also search on ebay by how close they are to you. If you have relatives in a bigger city that can go pick one up do some searches there. I have seen some great deals out there.

I think there tend to be a lot of them after Christmas as people are trying to generate cash for Christmas bills.

Good Luck

Reactions: jtsunbrite