Saltillo tile

rmoran

Jul 5, 2018
Real Name
Rafael Moran
Question I have a restaurant that needs its tiles to be clean but in the back of the counter it has a 4x12 of staltillo how do you clean saltillo please helppp i have the job already next month he said I can clean it please help

rmoran

Jul 5, 2018
Real Name
Rafael Moran
you dont want that as your first experience in a restaurant with saltillo.

my two cents
Here are some pictures tell me it's wax or not can
you dont want that as your first experience in a restaurant with saltillo.

my two cents
Here some pictures of the tile tell me if it's saltillo if it's wax can I clean it with grout master
20181116_131153.jpg

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
wha

so Grout master would be safe to clean it with
Yup, I spike it with zep floor stripper too. You can't do anything to hurt that Tile.
Put down the chem, agitate, dwell, agitate and rinse with 150 degrees at 1200psi
The grout lines could be filled up with black sludge that is really hard to remove.
You may have to hand scrape it out if they want it removed.
Of course, then there won't be anything left in the grout lines.

rmoran

Jul 5, 2018
Real Name
Rafael Moran
Yup, I spike it with zep floor stripper too. You can't do anything to hurt that Tile.
Put down the chem, agitate, dwell, agitate and rinse with 150 degrees at 1200psi
The grout lines could be filled up with black sludge that is really hard to remove.
You may have to hand scrape it out if they want it removed.
Of course, then there won't be anything left in the grout lines.
I only have the 360i to work with and the hydro force tile cleaner that's the only tools I have, I don't have the tile brush head for the roto 36o but i can order it.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
I only have the 360i to work with and the hydro force tile cleaner that's the only tools I have, I don't have the tile brush head for the roto 36o but i can order it.
No spinner? Heat and psi will work, but if you can't get to 1200 psi then forget it.
That floor is the highest soil load tile you will encounter.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Well, I'm not going to say it's impossible, but it's going to take a long time. This is literally the most difficult floor to clean.
I don't do restaurant tile anymore and I have a great set up.