Sales commission

SDSinc

Aug 27, 2008
Palm Beach, FL
Real Name
Rick Goodwin
No. I have a girl that dose the answering of the phones, the scheduling etc. This girl would be just outside sales, setting appointments for estimates, demos, etc. I plan....if I go ahead with this...that she would target commercial mostly, realtors, large groups...etc. Again..she has tons of proven sales experience. BUT....I am still unsure if it's the right time for me to proceed.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
A sales person needs to know the product they are selling. If this sales person has a good knowledge of whats involved in carpet cleaning and can sell a job that pays for your cleaning services at a normal profit and then pays their commission, then yes, this employee will be a asset.

A sales person need to estimate the job and set the time, so all you have to do is open the door and clean the carpets and leave.
Your sales employee needs to ask for a higher price when what you would get from you standard advertising.

You will have to give the new customerr a lower price on any services after the first cleaning.

The sales person is your new store front ( Your Business Image) Sometimes you can get in big trouble if they are not a intelligent honest person.

Most sales men should get 33% of services sold and maybe 5% - 10% on discounted price recalls. A good sales person should have no problems asking for higher price, or selling more / all services you do.
On recalls, the customer likes the sales person and if the job was done right then a recall is no problem.

Chad Schmidtberger

Sep 18, 2017
Real Name
Chad Schmidtberger
Sorry to try and stir up an old post but I am currently working on this situation and from research and talking to past sales people this is what I came up with.

Pay Scale:
20% Commission on Residential Jobs for initial service sale.
10% Commission for repeat Residential Jobs up to 2 years (unless employee is no longer working for company). After the 2 years is completed
from the initial service sale the commission rate will be abolished and employee cannot resale to the same client in any form or way.

10% Commission on Commercial Jobs for initial service sale.
5% Commission for repeat Commercial Jobs up to 1 year (unless employee is no longer working for company). After the 1 year is completed
from the initial service sale the commission rate will be abolished and employee cannot resale to the same client in any form or way.

Goals/Bonus Program:
If employee lands 10 or more jobs in a 7-day period a 5% bonus will be applied to initial service amount for jobs over the 10 previously landed. Repeat service percentage will not change.

Let me know what you guys think of if this is a total loss.

Jul 24, 2015
San Marcos, California
www.supermariocarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Mario Vucetic
Business Location
United States
Sorry to try and stir up an old post but I am currently working on this situation and from research and talking to past sales people this is what I came up with.

Pay Scale:
20% Commission on Residential Jobs for initial service sale.
10% Commission for repeat Residential Jobs up to 2 years (unless employee is no longer working for company). After the 2 years is completed

10% Commission on Commercial Jobs for initial service sale.
5% Commission for repeat Commercial Jobs up to 1 year (unless employee is no longer working for company). After the 1 year is completed

Goals/Bonus Program:
If employee lands 10 or more jobs in a 7-day period a 5% bonus will be applied to initial service amount for jobs over the 10 previously landed. Repeat service percentage will not change.

Let me know what you guys think of if this is a total loss.

Thanks Chad! This is really helpful.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
for residential less for commercial?
two completely different markets here. Sales is all about relationships. Residential relationship is with the technician. Commercial is with a company representative.

Assuming you are considering hiring a sales rep, that means you have a multi truck operation - 4 or more vans. Still, the best sales rep for the company is the owner.