Ryobi 2 Gallon Sprayer Tip Replacement | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Ryobi 2 Gallon Sprayer Tip Replacement

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
Hey all,

Do you know how I can replace the adjustable brass nozzle/tip of this sprayer to a jet/fanned tip, for wider prespraying? Works fine as is for protecting furniture, and light prespraying. Yet, on a recent restoration carpet job, I learned that it just can lay it down well enough. So, I used my Nautilus with a fan tipped jet to lay down a heavier and wider and quicker prespray batch. About a 900 sf job.

Thanks

https://www.ryobitools.com/outdoor/products/details/18v-one-plus-2-gal-chemical-sprayer

Attachments

• TEMPIMG_20180912_102549148.jpg
    TEMPIMG_20180912_102549148.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 76
  • TEMP IMG_20180912_135707613.jpg
    TEMP IMG_20180912_135707613.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Reactions: Fedri

gordon qian

Oct 31, 2019
Real Name
gordon qian
Business Location
Canada
I've been using that ryobi sprayer for 6 months now, the issue is the very undersized pump (borrowed from the 1 gallon sprayer). To do a decently large amount of prespray for restoration, you'll need a sprayer with 50+ operating psi 0.2-0.5gpm pump (preferably battery operated). Source: the common multisprayer model M that I've actually used in person sprays at 0.4gpm at 70psi, from one of my local friend's TM. Pumps also wears out overtime, so slightly higher gpm is a good thing. I'm still keeping that ryobi for weed spraying though.

MikeHawley14

Oct 21, 2018
Peoria, Arizona
Real Name
Michael Hawley
Business Location
United States
All that Home Depot Ryobi stuff is Chinese garbage. Just use an inline sprayer. I have a 2 gallon pump sprayer it will last forever.

• Haha
Reactions: gordon qian

gordon qian

Oct 31, 2019
Real Name
gordon qian
Business Location
Canada
inline sprayer has its disadvantages too, mainly it takes a while to get the detergent water hot enough to insta-melt the stains. That's why in the past ten years, many professionals just use the 110v multi-sprayer and inline for many large areas. You should try worx hydroshot, pretty good when it's working (keep your receipts for warranty).

MikeHawley14

Oct 21, 2018
Peoria, Arizona
Real Name
Michael Hawley
Business Location
United States
inline sprayer has its disadvantages too, mainly it takes a while to get the detergent water hot enough to insta-melt the stains. That's why in the past ten years, many professionals just use the 110v multi-sprayer and inline for many large areas. You should try worx hydroshot, pretty good when it's working (keep your receipts for warranty).
I like the multi sprayer for sealer. Inline sprayer for carpet just go back a second time then spot spray put it away clean. I add a little ultimate fiber rinse to start new chemistry. Shake it up really good works fantastic.