aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Lotta great stuff here Lately on the Removal of Mustard/Tumeric stains..Great Work Randy @wandwizard . Also Bleach stains have gotten plenty attention as late. But what about RUST? That is ran into just as often if not more. What do YOU use. What do YOU charge? What do you tell your customers the reason for the xtra charge as not to appear as a Bait n Switch hack? Let's hear it Gang....

Reactions: Mike Krall

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I've been using this for 22 years now with 100% success every time. $5 at wal mart.

1458153280_zpsjhgwiesp.jpg

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Charging WHAT SEEN YOR?
I had never thought to charge extra for it. You squirt the stuff on and the stain instantly disappears. It's the old school rust remover and it works much better and faster than any of the rust remover our distributors sell. Dwell time of 10-30 seconds before rinsing with the wand. One of the easiest stains to remove.

@emeraldclean I have used Chemspec rust remover too, if you try the Whink rust remover you will never go back to Chemspec.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Lotta great stuff here Lately on the Removal of Mustard/Tumeric stains..Great Work Randy @wandwizard . Also Bleach stains have gotten plenty attention as late. But what about RUST? That is ran into just as often if not more. What do YOU use. What do YOU charge? What do you tell your customers the reason for the xtra charge as not to appear as a Bait n Switch hack? Let's hear it Gang....
Prochem Rust remover -$35 per occurrence. Usually is messy and deep in the carpet. $55 when price for whole job is not an issue. Many custys don't believe you can even touch it, so they appreciate the effort

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I had never thought to charge extra for it. You squirt the stuff on and the stain instantly disappears. It's the old school rust remover and it works much better and faster than any of the rust remover our distributors sell. Dwell time of 10-30 seconds before rinsing with the wand. One of the easiest stains to remove.

@emeraldclean I have used Chemspec rust remover too, if you try the Whink rust remover you will never go back to Chemspec.
I never once did it for FREE..Here's Pitch during pre clean walk thru..Mamm that thars a RUST STAIN, many times a permanent stain and not included with a regular clean from any carpet cleaner to my knowledge..But I'll see what I can do for you..If I cant remove of course No Change..If I can I'll only charge you a few bucks..Howz 15.00 sound. Look concerned and Be SILENT after this point..99% will Pay YOU!

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Prochem Rust remover -$35 per occurrence. Usually is messy and deep in the carpet. $55 when price for whole job is not an issue. Many custys don't believe you can even touch it, so they appreciate the effort
Absolutely TRUE! I used 15.00 as an example for quarter sized spots.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States

Whink was also my go to.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

True Pro

Jan 21, 2014
MA.
Real Name
Gilles LeBlanc
Business Location
United States
I'll be picking some of this up TOMORROW.

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada

Thanks for the info Todd. I will see if the Cnd Wal-mart stock it.
Chemspec is Hydrofloric acid and works well.
I like to neutralize with ammonia . You get a chemical reaction which is a puff of smoke. I stick my vacuum by spot so it sucks it away.
I was taught to neutralize because plain rinsing isn't suffice as the hydrofloric acid is around a 1 on PH.
Don't see alot of rust my way. A gallon last me forever.
Did have a nice one back in January . Did a job for a restoration company.
Water damage and a fair amount of rust was left.
They said please try to remove if you can or we will have to replace carpet.
Easy peezy.... and charge large

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Thanks for the info Todd. I will see if the Cnd Wal-mart stock it.
Chemspec is Hydrofloric acid and works well.
I like to neutralize with ammonia . You get a chemical reaction which is a puff of smoke. I stick my vacuum by spot so it sucks it away.
I was taught to neutralize because plain rinsing isn't suffice as the hydrofloric acid is around a 1 on PH.
Don't see alot of rust my way. A gallon last me forever.
Did have a nice one back in January . Did a job for a restoration company.
Water damage and a fair amount of rust was left.
They said please try to remove if you can or we will have to replace carpet.
Easy peezy.... and charge large
Sure you stick yar vaccum on it..You stick yar Face IN IT & Breath DEEPLY!

True Pro

Jan 21, 2014
MA.
Real Name
Gilles LeBlanc
Business Location
United States
I haven't had the greatest luck with rust. Looking forward to trying it out.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Dangerous looking bottle..I can see myself all hammered in the middle of the night making Choclate Milk with it!:eek::D
Just don't ever stick the bottle in your pocket and forget about it. I speak from experience. One time I did that after removing a stain and while driving to my next job I noticed my leg was wet. The bottle had leaked. I didn't think anything of it at first. A couple hours later I had a warm sensation on my thy. By the time I got home it was burning like it was on fire. Nice big chemical burn about the size of a football. Burned for days and took a couple weeks to heal.

The stuff won't hurt you if you get a little on you as long as you wash it off right away.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Just don't ever stick the bottle in your pocket and forget about it. I speak from experience. One time I did that after removing a stain and while driving to my next job I noticed my leg was wet. The bottle had leaked. I didn't think anything of it at first. A couple hours later I had a warm sensation on my thy. By the time I got home it was burning like it was on fire. Nice big chemical burn about the size of a football. Burned for days and took a couple weeks to heal.

The stuff won't hurt you if you get a little on you as long as you wash it off right away.
Been there...done THAT! Lucky it didn't Melt yar Nuts OFF!:eek: