Running Windshield washer through transfer pump | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Running Windshield washer through transfer pump

Sterling

Aug 19, 2013
York Region
www.sterlingcnr.com
Real Name
Ryan Sterling
Business Location
Canada
Just wondering about running a potential flammable fluid through a transfer pump. I have run some through my porty shurflo pump when it sits in the van for a long time with no problems...yet.

My new (used) Prowler is all frozen. I was told to blow it out with compressed air but still froze. Hopefully no problems when it thaws,

I bought a transfer pump to pump either antifreeze or windshield washer fluid through it. It says right on the front of the pump DANGER - DO NOT PUMP FLAMMABLE LIQUIDS

Any thoughts?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I winterize my Truckmount several times each winter with 2 gallons windshield washer fluid. I basically add it to the fresh water tank and the 5 gallon mix tank. Then I take the solution line with a 2' small cheater hose and let it run into the fresh water tank. This allows the ww fluid to pump and circulate the entire system. Never had a problem. But if the instructions tell you not to then it's at your own risk.

jaymark

Premium VIP
Feb 8, 2011
PA
Real Name
Yea
Business Location
United States
What is flammable in window washing fluid or antifreeze?

I use window washing fluid but it doesn't get as cold down here as I would assume it gets in canada.

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
I winterize my Truckmount several times each winter with 2 gallons windshield washer fluid. I basically add it to the fresh water tank and the 5 gallon mix tank. Then I take the solution line with a 2' small cheater hose and let it run into the fresh water tank. This allows the ww fluid to pump and circulate the entire system. Never had a problem. But if the instructions tell you not to then it's at your own risk.
To you recapture ww fluid and reuse?