running another living social ad | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

running another living social ad

mikkel99

Dec 2, 2013
Real Name
mikkel henderson
im running another living social ad. ive learned alil bit from the last ads like limiting square footage and dont add stain removal. i know some carpet cleaning company that do well with these deals , so any other suggesting or anything im missing

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
Money loser in my exp. They won't repeat.. they figure they got a great job from you, theyll get a good job from the next guy running g a deal on there just as well.. why pay your full price? That was my experience. ... never again

russrroberts

Jan 30, 2014
Prescott, AZ
www.steamnfresh.com
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
im running another living social ad. ive learned alil bit from the last ads like limiting square footage and dont add stain removal. i know some carpet cleaning company that do well with these deals , so any other suggesting or anything im missing
Make a condition call for availability, and another saying "stairs, pet stains, stains, and heavily soiled areas are not included." I ran some ads for about 8 months when first starting and it really helped me in the fact that most people called me first so they didn't buy the coupon and I just honored the price and most people needed something extra. I didn't try to up sell the cheapo people unless they asked about other services but when I did add services it made the appointment worth my while.

Only had maybe 5 coupons sold in that time frame most people called for availability and I said I'd they bought the coupon I'd have to wait for confirmation with my rep before we can schedule and appointment which can take up to 2 days or I can honor the price and we can schedule something right now. Good luck and I hope it works well for you.

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Never tried and probably wont... I had multiple recommendations to try thumbtack and all I have to show for it is a spammed up inbox... Not one job scheduled despite many efforts to win bids with links to my web and social media and reviews.... I came to the conclusion that these services are only for the cheapest of the cheap people...

Jpais

Feb 5, 2012
Texas
Real Name
Joseph Pais
Business Location
United States
Never tried and probably wont... I had multiple recommendations to try thumbtack and all I have to show for it is a spammed up inbox... Not one job scheduled despite many efforts to win bids with links to my web and social media and reviews.... I came to the conclusion that these services are only for the cheapest of the cheap people...
In some cases you are absolutely right. I use thumbtack but am very picky about who and what I send a bid for. Lots of cheap ass people on there but I've done about 30+ jobs off of it though.

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
In some cases you are absolutely right. I use thumbtack but am very picky about who and what I send a bid for. Lots of cheap ass people on there but I've done about 30+ jobs off of it though.
Yeah I tried being picky too.. only bidding on jobs well over 300 worth of work. tile and grout, large carpet jobs...Not one booking just wasted money...

Jpais

Feb 5, 2012
Texas
Real Name
Joseph Pais
Business Location
United States
Yeah I tried being picky too.. only bidding on jobs well over 300 worth of work. tile and grout, large carpet jobs...Not one booking just wasted money...
Yeah that sounds about right. Try bidding differently. I've been bidding with just $1 as far as sqft for tile and grout cleaning. I don't get much out of it but it's a small little notch in the tool belt. I would've gotten a $1600 tile install but the lady didn't want to pay the 35% down. Sent her butt down the road.

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Yeah that sounds about right. Try bidding differently. I've been bidding with just $1 as far as sqft for tile and grout cleaning. I don't get much out of it but it's a small little notch in the tool belt. I would've gotten a $1600 tile install but the lady didn't want to pay the 35% down. Sent her butt down the road.
A dollar! lol I am bidding at .65 including dupont impregnator....I cant get a dollar to strip 5 years worth of mop and glo...lmao!

Jpais

Feb 5, 2012
Texas
Real Name
Joseph Pais
Business Location
United States
It's another .25cents for impregnator sealer Lmao! We are getting $1 - $1.50 to strip mop and glo.

kvnbrow900

Jan 3, 2012
Chesapeake Virginia
Real Name
kevin brown
Business Location
United States
I've been running a Groupon for a while. At the beginning of the year I raised my rate to the highest on their list. I have found that has helped me the most. Since I'm the highest I get called last. In the last 3 months I have made 3k off of fixing mistakes that the lower cost cleaners made.

I've cleaned after some terrible groupon cleaners. I always tell them that I can't fix a Groupon cleaning with another groupon cleaning. At this point they understand why these types of coupons suck and pay my full price.

Attachments

kvnbrow900

Jan 3, 2012
Chesapeake Virginia
Real Name
kevin brown
Business Location
United States
Groupon is. I dropped livingsocial 3 yrs ago. Once I figured out how to make money with it I focused on the bigger of the 2

Sterling

Aug 19, 2013
York Region
www.sterlingcnr.com
Real Name
Ryan Sterling
Business Location
Canada
I do very well with Groupon, with air duct cleaning. Carpets can be profitable if you can sell and offer different services.

Not everyone that signs up with deals sites are cheap, low balling scum of the earth like some people think. I've been in million dollar homes, high end, average and some real shat holes, I mean you don't even know the color of the carpet before you start.

If you're a good cleaner you will get repeat custies and referals plus some good backlinks!

Jpais

Feb 5, 2012
Texas
Real Name
Joseph Pais
Business Location
United States
I do very well with Groupon, with air duct cleaning. Carpets can be profitable if you can sell and offer different services.

Not everyone that signs up with deals sites are cheap, low balling scum of the earth like some people think. I've been in million dollar homes, high end, average and some real shat holes, I mean you don't even know the color of the carpet before you start.

If you're a good cleaner you will get repeat custies and referals plus some good backlinks!
What some cleaners forget is that sometimes it's nice just to have some kind of work. With any business you have to build some sort of consistency. Getting in the door is half the battle

Reactions: Sterling

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
IMO, there is nothing wrong with offereing deals on Groupon and such. I've tell my customers daily....Don't undervalue your work. Groupon is a means to get the phone ringing, but it is also used by very frugal people and in most cases, cheapskates. If you always have Groupons, you'll never have a regular price that means anything.

mikkel99

Dec 2, 2013
Real Name
mikkel henderson

Yes I've try thumbtack they suck

Reactions: kvnbrow900

mikkel99

Dec 2, 2013
Real Name
mikkel henderson
Well as long as I'm not to cheap on price right ? Plus I need to try to up sell better right ?

Sterling

Aug 19, 2013
York Region
www.sterlingcnr.com
Real Name
Ryan Sterling
Business Location
Canada
Well as long as I'm not to cheap on price right ? Plus I need to try to up sell better right ?
The trick is to find a niche. I would stay away from carpet cleaning because everyone does that. Try running an upholstery cleaning deal, 100 sq.ft. tile/grout or mattress cleaning. You will get people inquiring about carpets also and you can still give them a deal but you won't lose the farm.