Rugs turned yellow | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Rugs turned yellow

carpetsa

Nov 14, 2019
Real Name
Thabang Lekakuba
Hi. A number of white synthetic rugs that i have cleaned have turned yellow in recent times. Any ideas on how to restore them to their original white colour. The most recent one is a turkish 3d Mafy. Your help will be most appreciated.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Hi. A number of white synthetic rugs that i have cleaned have turned yellow in recent times. Any ideas on how to restore them to their original white colour. The most recent one is a turkish 3d Mafy. Your help will be most appreciated.
You really need to put some pictures up and let us know how you cleaned them. What method and chems were used. It could be a ph issue is the only thing that comes to mind. That would be caused by leaving them on the alkaline side of the scale. Exactly what cleaners were used?

Reactions: Scott W

carpetsa

Nov 14, 2019
Real Name
Thabang Lekakuba
You really need to put some pictures up and let us know how you cleaned them. What method and chems were used. It could be a ph issue is the only thing that comes to mind. That would be caused by leaving them on the alkaline side of the scale. Exactly what cleaners were used?
Good Morning. Thank you for your response. Please see attached pictures. I used low foam carpet cleaning detergent in the original wash. I then attempted to remove the yellowing using Vanish Carpet Stain remover.

Attachments

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Looks almost like you wetted some areas that had "sneaky pee" and they bloomed up.

Reactions: Scott W

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Use an acid rinse and dry fast or do this...