Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I was really impressed with testing the Rug Sucker in Vegas. Bought the 3rd unit. Here are my initial thoughts from Youtube.

OK I must admit this product surprised me in Vegas. We all know you eventually need a rug centrifuge to clean a large volume rugs with. Drying times are a killer. But the bigger killer is 55k for a rug centrifuge. Well in walks the rug sucker at the vegas carpet and rug cleaning convention. I was surprised how well it worked. Is it a rug centrifuge? No. Is it a great transition between one? It seems so at first testing. It exceeded our expectations so we bought the set of 3. We will test for 90 days or so then report back with a complete rug cleaning review. Seems www.therugsucker.com may be a winner! Rob Allen Truckmountforums

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
LOL. "wished I'd thought of it Joe"

Great video Rob. I look forward to hearing more.

What do you think the dry time will be using air movers on a rug like you had in the video? Less than 24 hours??

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
LOL. "wished I'd thought of it Joe"

Great video Rob. I look forward to hearing more.

What do you think the dry time will be using air movers on a rug like you had in the video? Less than 24 hours??
I saw it used on just one rug in Las Vegas. I am sure that particular rug would have dried in 3 or 4 hours given the size of rug, Ls Vegas conditions and what the RUg Sucker pulled out. Joe said most rugs finish drying over night after using Rug Sucker.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
How does it work? Is extraction required at any point? or is the rug clean when unwrapped?

The rug sucker is used for several reasons -
Dry rugs following cleaning
pull rinse agents, acid treatments, urine treatment products or just water through the rug to get the treatment to all parts of the rug or to rinse.

Extraction is used during the process. The end of the tube in the center is connected to a vaccum for the extraction.

Reactions: Allied

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
That dude could make a killing selling those direct for 399.99 online. Even that is pushing it. Wouldnt go any farther than that and dont be getting none of the bigger dist invloved but what do I know.

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
I think it would be worth more if it came with a tube twice the diameter that you could put it in. It would rinse a lot better when the bigger tube is filled with water frequently, other than the plant waterer being poured Only on the top of it. How can that evenly rinse it out???

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
I posted a video of my home made rug pole I made for $40. I just don't understand the draw to this thing. I guess if you have an extra $2k and not any mechanical ability you could go out and buy this thing. Sorry, I just don't get it. that being said, i'm about to spend $32k on a Truchmount when I could probably make one, lol.

Avdo

Oct 12, 2013
Real Name
Avdo Avdic
I posted a video of my home made rug pole I made for $40. I just don't understand the draw to this thing. I guess if you have an extra $2k and not any mechanical ability you could go out and buy this thing. Sorry, I just don't get it. that being said, i'm about to spend $32k on a Truchmount when I could probably make one, lol.

What hole sizes did you drill on this bad boy

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
That dude could make a killing selling those direct for 399.99 online. Even that is pushing it. Wouldnt go any farther than that and dont be getting none of the bigger dist invloved but what do I know.

I imagine they'll reach a saturation point on how many they can sell at that price. I agree it's way over the top. At some point my bet would be that they will not be selling too many and at some point they will just go under or lower the price a lot. If I were doing a lot of rugs I'd probably be more than willing to drop quite a bit more than 399. rather than try and make my own, but 2 grand no way.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Just looked at their web site Rob linked to above. Didn't know they were sold in different lengths. The 2070. is for the 18 foot full set. I imagine the 12 ft. set would handle at least 95 % of rugs if not more if they're going by rug width. I personally don't think I've ever seen an area rug more than maybe 15 ft. wide and I doubt if it was that wide. If I have it was only once in 28 years of going into many homes in my area. Vast majority are under 12 ft. wide, at least what I've seen around here. I'd feel pretty comfortable with the 12 ft. set. :)

It looks almost as if from their pics they're rolling the rugs on there length wise?

Last edited:

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States

You'll appreciate that $32k truck mount, and you won't even remember the price you paid when you can put your head on the pillow without worrying if you're going to break down during that 5hr job tomorrow. I'm just saying