Rug Spa - Wash Pit vs. Wash Floor | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Rug Spa - Wash Pit vs. Wash Floor

dfwgreg

Jan 29, 2009
Dallas
Real Name
Greg Dfw
We have set up our rug spa, with a wash pit inside our shop and I'm already seeing why Lisa Wagner prefers a sloped wash floor. It's almost impossible to completely drain our pit with a pump. You end up with a half inch of water before the pump starts sucking air. I have another idea that I wanted to bounce off everyone.

We have a large gravel area in front of the shop (no concrete). What about a large deck with just enough framing to support a plywood deck. Coat everything in a marine varnish and prop one side of the deck to create a slope when needed. Rugs could be dusted, washed and extracted on this same table. If weather is bad, we can go back inside to the pondliner/pvc wash pit. Rugs would be dried on our drying racks that are basically a DIY version of the rug badger racks. Any thoughts on the wood slanted deck or construction? This seems like a cheap, easy wash floor.

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
Could you not set that same platform up with the slight slope in the shop as well and put the pit on it. , Or would it slide off.? I would not think the slope would have to be very severe.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States