Rug Bags, Where Can I Get Them at Good Price?

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
I pick up rugs to take out and clean. I have bern using an $11 bag from amazon for each rug. Where can i get them cheaper and in a roll of them or something? Thank you, Pat

Last edited:

Sierra Clean Care

Feb 22, 2015
Real Name
Jeff T.
I pick up rugs to take out and clean. I have bern using an $11 bag from amazon for each rug. Where can i get them cheaper and in a roll of them or something? Thank you, Pat
U-line. They’ve got poly tubing from 2”- 36”. It’s comes in different thicknesses, I use the 4 millimeter, and width, I have 18”, 22”, and 26”.
The rolls are 750’ long. They are like 175$ a roll.
I clean anywhere from 2-15 rugs a week, and the 22” roll (most common size, after the rug is rolled up), lasted me 13 months.
You will need more than one size.
It’s a tiny investment to be professional, and take proper care of your clients rugs, from pickup, to delivery.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
U line will work out best for you, get a roll, or buy in bulk

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
U-line. They’ve got poly tubing from 2”- 36”. It’s comes in different thicknesses, I use the 4 millimeter, and width, I have 18”, 22”, and 26”.
I clean anywhere from 2-15 rugs a week, and the 22” roll (most common size, after the rug is rolled up), lasted me 13 months.
It’s a tiny investment to be professional, and take proper care of your clients rugs, from pickup, to delivery.
Thank you.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
In disaster restoration, layflat ducting is quite useful not just for creating negative air flow in contained areas, it's also handy for rolling and storing rugs.

My local rug pros use both kraft paper and Tyvek-type sheeting.

Reactions: SRD and Scott W

Sierra Clean Care

Feb 22, 2015
Real Name
Jeff T.
For llonger term storage, yes, Kraft paper or tyvek is the way to go. For simple pick up, or delivery of rugs, lay flat poly is the one I use.

Reactions: Scott W

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
500' roll of 22" LayFlat poly costs $70. This is less than half the cost per foot of the U-line product. The roll is a little shorter and easier to handle. The standard size is 2 mil thickness which is fine for short-term use.
https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=55033

You can get different circumference and thickness.

Sierra Clean Care

Feb 22, 2015
Real Name
Jeff T.
500' roll of 22" LayFlat poly costs $70. This is less than half the cost per foot of the U-line product. The roll is a little shorter and easier to handle. The standard size is 2 mil thickness which is fine for short-term use.
https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=55033

You can get different circumference and thickness.
I live in Canada, so the cost of everything is higher for us.
I use 4 mil simply because when I pick up a 9’ X 12’ wool, it weighs anywhere from 50-150lbs. I find the thicker poly helps because it gives me something to grab on to.
I’ve used the 2 mil in the past, and found it rips very easy.
Just personal preference.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
I live in Canada, so the cost of everything is higher for us.
I use 4 mil simply because when I pick up a 9’ X 12’ wool, it weighs anywhere from 50-150lbs. I find the thicker poly helps because it gives me something to grab on to.
I’ve used the 2 mil in the past, and found it rips very easy.
Just personal preference.
I agree that the 2 mil does tear more easily with heavy rugs. If 2 people are carrying a rug, that is generally not much of a problem, but one person carrying a rug causes it to bend which tears the thinner bags.