Rubber gym floor? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Rubber gym floor?

Rem

Jun 30, 2011
Real Name
Remington Reeder
Business Location
United States
I have a church I clean carpet & tile for, asking me to clean this floor (mainly the edges). What advice, equipment, and cleaning agents do you recommend? It is a type of rubber I believe.
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 205

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I have a church I clean carpet & tile for, asking me to clean this floor (mainly the edges). What advice, equipment, and cleaning agents do you recommend? It is a type of rubber I believe.
Thanks
Remington..We clean those just like you would carpet.reduce them Chems by 50% dilution..do a test spot & let dry to check for any hazing, then go for it! No Solvents you'll be fine. Remember that Delimolene is a Slovent',IE: Orange Cleaners

Rem

Jun 30, 2011
Real Name
Remington Reeder
Business Location
United States
Thanks for the quick response and information!

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Reactions: aloha one

russrroberts

Jan 30, 2014
Prescott, AZ
www.steamnfresh.com
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
Rubber is both pH and abrasive sensitive, if you can find a rubber floor cleaner most of them contain 2% solids to help maintain the finish, and you can use it straight as a finish as well if you don't have a rubber floor finish assuming no idiots put regular floor finish on it. A 175 and a red pad is what we use to clean them.

Sent from my LG-D801 using TMF Forums mobile app

Rem

Jun 30, 2011
Real Name
Remington Reeder
Business Location
United States
Does the red pad get scuff marks off from black street shoes? I was informed to use a neutral and a blue pad....too abrasive?
Thanks

Juddey24

Apr 24, 2010
Real Name
Justin McKerrow
Business Location
United States
We just got asked to do a gym floor that's in the US Armory today! Crazy, he said it was Mondo flooring. I was just going to use my cimex soft pads and steam it with tile wand, would that work you think?

Rem

Jun 30, 2011
Real Name
Remington Reeder
Business Location
United States
Sorry I can't help yet with technic, still trying to figure it out myself.
What are you planning to charge for that?

Juddey24

Apr 24, 2010
Real Name
Justin McKerrow
Business Location
United States
Well it's Government paying for it so gonna sock it to em :)

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
We just got asked to do a gym floor that's in the US Armory today! Crazy, he said it was Mondo flooring. I was just going to use my cimex soft pads and steam it with tile wand, would that work you think?

Mondo has a specific cleaning requirement. Mt friend has a Gym with 4500 Sqft of it that we do occasionally. If its a reasonably new floor it will not have built up a "patina" yet from continued use. If it has built up the patina, then you do not want to be trying to remove this as its a part of the character of the floor to develop this over time.
What is required is a neutral ph cleaner, they recommend Johnsons stride. A 175 and a red or blue pad only, nothing more.
As the patina develops, the floor becomes easier to clean and a red pad is all thats needed. I guess a cimex will work too.

Juddey24

Apr 24, 2010
Real Name
Justin McKerrow
Business Location
United States
Mondo has a specific cleaning requirement. Mt friend has a Gym with 4500 Sqft of it that we do occasionally. If its a reasonably new floor it will not have built up a "patina" yet from continued use. If it has built up the patina, then you do not want to be trying to remove this as its a part of the character of the floor to develop this over time.
What is required is a neutral ph cleaner, they recommend Johnsons stride. A 175 and a red or blue pad only, nothing more.
As the patina develops, the floor becomes easier to clean and a red pad is all thats needed. I guess a cimex will work too.

Do you rinse it then? Also does it get black scuff marks from shoes?

Rem

Jun 30, 2011
Real Name
Remington Reeder
Business Location
United States
I was told .55-.75 for neutral cleaner, swing machine with blue pad, vacuum up, then mop over to rinse. 6700 sq/ft
So around $4,500does that sound right?

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
I was told .55-.75 for neutral cleaner, swing machine with blue pad, vacuum up, then mop over to rinse. 6700 sq/ft
So around $4,500does that sound right?

Sounds high for a top scrub. But if you can get that. By all means. Who gave you that pricing? And this is not laminate? I just cant tell from the pic. I guess they told you what is was. TBO for that much volume. and to just top scrub and rinse. I would see if a autoscubber could be used. go rent one if you don't have one. Pre spray neutral cleaner ahead of it. fill it with water for rinse.Detail mop behind it. I would do it for about half that unless it was filthy. I am just giving you another cleaners perspective. Cause if they are getting quotes you may have to be more competitive. just some thoughts. Make sure you have a squeegee and a couple mop buckets. Might wanna 175 for areas AS wont reach. I

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
Do you rinse it then? Also does it get black scuff marks from shoes?

Yes, I rinsed.
I would have two buckets and do a piece at a time as wide as I could go with a mop. If it dries out its more difficult. Once the patina builds up (it took about 8 months on my friends floor) the scuffs come off with a red pad. Prior to that it needed a blue.

bassplyr

Sep 25, 2010
NC
www.envirocarenc.com
Real Name
Steve
Business Location
United States

I would call Mondo directly and ask about cleaning just to be safe. Here is the link. Hope this helps.
http://www.mondoindoorsport.com/index.cfm?

Reactions: Juddey24

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
Here is the info I got. Looking at it, the only thing different from what the flooring person told me was that it is advisable to remove the patina every 2-3 years.

Attachments

• Maintenance Guidelines_ADVANCE (R080708).pdf
    125.9 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: Juddey24

Rem

Jun 30, 2011
Real Name
Remington Reeder
Business Location
United States
An owner of multiple janitorial supply stores recommended that method, said the auto scrubber just would be a deep enough scrub, the aggression from the 175 is what he recommended. This floor is marked up pretty bad, and this is what was called a DEEP clean for this type if floor.
That's what that guy told me. ...

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
At least with the 175 you can tip it a little and beat down on the edge to pull out the worse of the scuffs

Sent from my SGH-I747M using TMF Forums mobile app