RPM's pointer not moving on 4.8 CDS | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

RPM's pointer not moving on 4.8 CDS

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
All wires seem to be intact from what I can see. Thanks.

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
Does yours have the tach pickup on the driven shaft of the blower?
It's mounted on a pulley behind the blower and the driver side. I would need to remove the cover/shield to fully see it but it seems to be intact and the wires all seem connected.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
The tack should have 12v power (with the key in the on position, van off) and a good ground to it and then the wire with the pickup sensor on the blower shaft sending the rpms. I would verify good power and ground with a meter. Does the light in the tach come on?

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
The tack should have 12v power (with the key in the on position, van off) and a good ground to it and then the wire with the pickup sensor on the blower shaft sending the rpms. I would verify good power and ground with a meter. Does the light in the tach come on?
Apologize for leaving you hanging but I have finally come around to getting this issue taken care of. To answer you question, yes the light in the tack does come on. I adjusted the sensor and even added a washer to move it closer to the wheel. It didnt work. Jondon sent me a new sensor(warranty) and I installed it today and that didn't work either. I have a meter but not sure how to use it in this application. Thanks!

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Apologize for leaving you hanging but I have finally come around to getting this issue taken care of. To answer you question, yes the light in the tack does come on. I adjusted the sensor and even added a washer to move it closer to the wheel. It didnt work. Jondon sent me a new sensor(warranty) and I installed it today and that didn't work either. I have a meter but not sure how to use it in this application. Thanks!
Here's a picture of the schematic. You should have power coming in to the tach and light, the pick sensor and a ground. Before ruling out a faulty tach I would confirm good ground, proper power and a good wire to the pick up.

Screenshot_20200801-064208_Drive.jpg