Royal vacuum repair and part sources

Overly Cleaning Service

Oct 22, 2014
Ocala,FL
Real Name
Travis Overly
I have 3 Royal vacuums from my county school board that were going in the dumpster. One vacuum runs great just needs a front wheel.

Does anyone know how to remove the wheels in Royal vacuums? They look to be pressed on.

Where is the best place to buy parts?

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
That was my first thought. Pick the one in the best shape and use the others for parts.

You might need a service or dealer number to order from parts from Royal which means you're left with vacuum repair places. Look for a local one and maybe you can set up an account and get a discount on parts. After that I'd just shop around online and see who has the best prices.

Too bad its not a Karcher, I've got karcher parts all over town!

Overly Cleaning Service

Oct 22, 2014
Ocala,FL
Real Name
Travis Overly
I'm really impressed with the quality of components. I have heard Royal vacuums were the best. I had never looked closely or had the chance to use one until today. They make my Sanitare dust cup seem cheap in several ways.
I agree with making one good vacuum though. I would like to snag a front wheel off one of the parts ones without ruining it in the process. The wheel shaft I suppose just slides out with force.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I'm really impressed with the quality of components. I have heard Royal vacuums were the best. I had never looked closely or had the chance to use one until today. They make my Sanitare dust cup seem cheap in several ways.
I agree with making one good vacuum though. I would like to snag a front wheel off one of the parts ones without ruining it in the process. The wheel shaft I suppose just slides out with force.
Whats the model number, I'll see if I can pull up a manual and from there I might be able to tell you the best way to get that wheel off. Some are fairly easy and make me wonder why they don't just fall off in use, and other I break more removing them then I remove successfully. Good thing they're normally a pretty cheap part. Anyway, whats the model number?

Overly Cleaning Service

Oct 22, 2014
Ocala,FL
Real Name
Travis Overly

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I have half a dozen windsors, a pro team, and some backpack vacuums. I've only used Kirby's that looked like the royals you use, and I hated the Kirby's, but that's just me. I've heard lots of good things about royals, just haven't seen them used commercially too much. Learn something new every day.

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
I have a few Proteam 1500xp and Royal 14" models, the Royals are lighter than the Proteams. I've replaced more broken parts on the Proteams than I have on the Royals. I like both models very much. Royals are beasts. For large areas we use our 26" wide Tennant vacuums, it would take us forever to cover large areas using 15" vacuums. We only use our proteam backpacks to dust hard surfaces.

Last edited:

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I have a 30in wide tornado wide area vac for a library I clean. It doesn't work that well but it is fast. I have an 18in Windsor that works very well. I just can't use vacuums without a wand, otherwise I would use different models. We have too many corners and edges and under desk areas. Employees do a poor enough job with a wand, without it they would fail.

Reactions: Rico1 and Robert86