Rough Idea on Time to Clean | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Rough Idea on Time to Clean

torchman

Jan 29, 2015
Real Name
Adam morris
I would like to hear how long you think it would take you to clean 3100sqft of carpet with a cimex and also clean 57 chairs. The building has two classrooms where almost all of the chairs are located with tables and then there is a small kitchenette area, three offices and the main hall. The carpet was very bad other than the main entrance leading to the offices. I know this is a very vague question but I was there for quit some time last night and wanted to get an idea of how long it should have taken me.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I would like to hear how long you think it would take you to clean 3100sqft of carpet with a cimex and also clean 57 chairs. The building has two classrooms where almost all of the chairs are located with tables and then there is a small kitchenette area, three offices and the main hall. The carpet was very bad other than the main entrance leading to the offices. I know this is a very vague question but I was there for quit some time last night and wanted to get an idea of how long it should have taken me.
Did you have to move tables & chairs?

torchman

Jan 29, 2015
Real Name
Adam morris
Yes there were 18 tables in one room and 12 in the other and two in the kitchenette.

earl804

May 16, 2014
York PA
www.susclean.com
Real Name
alex c
Business Location
United States
I think 3 -4 hrs for carpet bc of moving furniture and its soiled

2 - 3 hrs for chairs

5-7 hours total

Id be $550 for carpet

$7/chair or $399 for 57

$949 total

Will go faster if you a helper

Moving the furniture solo can be a killer

torchman

Jan 29, 2015
Real Name
Adam morris
Ok that sounds better, it took me 6.5 hrs for everything. I definitely need to raise the price per chair because I think that is what took me the longest and then moving the tables took the second longest. I helper would have been a huge help with the chairs tables and picking up. Thanks for the feedback, this was a good experience that I learned from, I know for sure that I need to start earlier because I thought I would be able to watch my wives ball game and then go clean, but 330 in the morning is a little too late for me to have to make it to my regular job at 8am. Thanks for responses

Reactions: earl804

torchman

Jan 29, 2015
Real Name
Adam morris
The price i used for cleaning the carpets was close to what earl804 posted, would anyone be willing to post the rates they use and the sqft where it decreases. I did a quick search and was not able to find anything real quick. For sure i was low on the chairs.

earl804

May 16, 2014
York PA
www.susclean.com
Real Name
alex c
Business Location
United States
Ok that sounds better, it took me 6.5 hrs for everything. I definitely need to raise the price per chair because I think that is what took me the longest and then moving the tables took the second longest. I helper would have been a huge help with the chairs tables and picking up. Thanks for the feedback, this was a good experience that I learned from, I know for sure that I need to start earlier because I thought I would be able to watch my wives ball game and then go clean, but 330 in the morning is a little too late for me to have to make it to my regular job at 8am. Thanks for responses
Been there! What did u charge

For 6.5 hours id be happy w 650 i know i said 950 but you have to take into account what their budget is

earl804

May 16, 2014
York PA
www.susclean.com
Real Name
alex c
Business Location
United States
The price i used for cleaning the carpets was close to what earl804 posted, would anyone be willing to post the rates they use and the sqft where it decreases. I did a quick search and was not able to find anything real quick. For sure i was low on the chairs.
If there is nothing to move id go as low as .14 for 3,000 ft but id try to get .18

For 1,000 sf or less i want .20-.22 /ft

People say you can do 2000sf /hr w a cimex but i find its 1200-1500 if its open areas and not a lot of problem areas. Requires vacuumng spotting edge detail work, gum remova etc

Waxmaster janitorial

Mar 20, 2016
Springfield, Oregon
waxmaster-janitorial.com
Real Name
Damion jones
When I was cleaning carpets for the school district they said in an 8 hour day that fueling, drive time, hook up, etc 1 man per truck could do 2 rooms with an rx-20.

Found out thats because people were going SUPER SLOW and look 2 "15" min breaks and a "30" minute lunch.

I cranked the water up 50 psi and moved ass and was able to get 3-4 rooms done despite size. Some large band rooms.

30x30 rooms avg with collins and akmens low nap vinyl back carpet.

Of course there were no furniture to move and it had been "thoroughly vacuumed..."

Then again I'm 25 and the other guys are in their late 50's. One lady was in her mid 60's.

2-3 hours sounds about right.

my $0.02

-- Damion

torchman

Jan 29, 2015
Real Name
Adam morris
That is one thing that i can say that was good was an email they sent me this morning say everything look great, but holy crap i having a hard time staying awake in a meeting right now. but it was well worth it.

Reactions: earl804

Sierra Clean Care

Feb 22, 2015
Real Name
Jeff T.
That is one thing that i can say that was good was an email they sent me this morning say everything look great, but holy crap i having a hard time staying awake in a meeting right now. but it was well worth it.
All the money is in REPEAT clients..... I have a roster of 1000-1050 that call me back EVERY year..... This business is about relationships..... Build good ones with your clients, and they will continue to use you forever....... Oh, and that's where I get 75% of my refferals from.....

Reactions: Steve@GM

C&DClean

Oct 26, 2015
Real Name
Sean Pagano
I think your right where you want to be with $100 an hour average. Do a great job and make them a fan. Then you have a repeat customer and someone that will refer you when the opportunity arises. It's all about averages - $100 an hour /40 hours a week = $4000 a week
$4000 times four weeks = $16000 a month
$16000 times twelve months = $192000 for the year
Not bad. I would take it. Now fill eight hours a day with that and your golden. ;)

Reactions: aloha one

C&DClean

Oct 26, 2015
Real Name
Sean Pagano
Plus it sounds like it was your first time doing it and you already have an idea of how to change your strategy to do it quicker. That boosts your hour average and puts more money in your pocket. Just don't give up quality and your good!

Reactions: earl804 and DavidB