Rotovac ShearDry wont budge?

Adam Valencia

Dec 23, 2016
Real Name
Adam V.
My Rotovac Sheardry has been in storage for about a year and a half. Took it out the other day gearing up for an upholstery job and when I got there, the water would not come out? Does anyone know how to fix this issue, or what to check. I all ready took it apart to stick a pin in the jetting hole and it appears not to be clogged? Could it be the internal solution hose from just sitting soo long? Any help would be great. Prior to this, this specific tool was only used 3times. Damn near brand new.lol

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I have one at shop. I can take a look.

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
My Rotovac Sheardry has been in storage for about a year and a half. Took it out the other day gearing up for an upholstery job and when I got there, the water would not come out? Does anyone know how to fix this issue, or what to check. I all ready took it apart to stick a pin in the jetting hole and it appears not to be clogged? Could it be the internal solution hose from just sitting soo long? Any help would be great. Prior to this, this specific tool was only used 3times. Damn near brand new.lol
There is a water control valve with a dial on it on the black solution hose the tool has. Did you make sure it's not closed all the way?

Adam Valencia

Dec 23, 2016
Real Name
Adam V.
There is a water control valve with a dial on it on the black solution hose the tool has. Did you make sure it's not closed all the way?

Yes I defiantly checked that first. I actually fixed it today and shes fully operational! Took me like 2 hours to clean it out piece by piece. There is a smaller black solution line connection after the main internal solution line. took it apart and the thing was clogged with black gunk and rust? cut a piece of wire all most the same thickness as a wire hanger and shoved it in there and unclogged it. Works great now. Thanks for the help guys.