Rotovac Monsoon ETM | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Rotovac Monsoon ETM

Calgary Hog

Aug 4, 2018
Real Name
Tinnam
Hi ,
It's amazing how portable are rivaling truckmount.
I am so pleased of TMF,Rob , Bob Savage , you and all mentors. Knock on wood nearly year and half no glitches at my ETM. It sucks great amount of Dirt 13 inches lift around 300 CFM at 150 feet.
Makes same amount of money and more money in profit.
So happy brow never going back on regular truckmount.
Cleanco Direct Drive was pain still it give me nightmare how i flushed so much money on upkeep of overkill truckmount.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I have 3 zx vac motors, they are simply a good 6.6 2 stage with a horn. Two in series have great lift and underwhelming cfm. I strongly don't recommend the above portable for an ETM.

I do really like them trailing an LX, great combo. 220 cfm and 16" hg and average 13" hg operating lift with our 2 cord machines.

Calgary Hog

Aug 4, 2018
Real Name
Tinnam
I have 3 zx vac motors, they are simply a good 6.6 2 stage with a horn. Two in series have great lift and underwhelming cfm. I strongly don't recommend the above portable for an ETM.

I do really like them trailing an LX, great combo. 220 cfm and 16" hg and average 13" hg operating lift with our 2 cord machines.
Thanks Jim

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Hi ,
I am so pleased of TMF,Rob , Bob Savage , you and all mentors. Knock on wood nearly year and half no glitches at my ETM. It sucks great amount of Dirt 13 inches lift around 300 CFM at 150 feet.
Cleanco Direct Drive was pain still it give me nightmare how i flushed so much money on upkeep of overkill truckmount.
Yep agreed, today I have cleaned my area rug with my Trex jr and I am using 2 hp 5.7s in parallel, that area rug dried fully less then 2 hours. Very low maintenance to my etm. Loving it.

Reactions: Calgary Hog

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
Yep agreed, today I have cleaned my area rug with my Trex jr and I am using 2 hp 5.7s in parallel, that area rug dried fully less then 2 hours. Very low maintenance to my etm. Loving it.
My ETM is approaching 20 years of service, still using the second generator 10K using van fuel tank for it's fuel, original Cat pump, newer PumpTec 207 pump (single wand), and the original propane heater (220,000 BTU's) with auto-pilot.

It runs dual wands with 4 vac motors and 290 Cat, and BIG LP heat, to each wand at 100' away!

Jonah Crawford

Mar 23, 2017
Real Name
jonah crawford
I own a Rotovac Monsoon, its great lots of vac. I have only 3 small issue with it.

ONe there is no heat option so you need to have access to hot water!

2. because you have no heat you need to have good chem and agitate!
, ok ok so we use good chem lets assume we all do. but now for the agitate and dwell.

3. not user friendly. so now you have to carry your chems, spotters cords, hoses, wand, agitation tool, vacuum, bucket for hot water, something to prespray with, rake, etc, before you know it now you need two people to carry all your supplies or make a lot of trips, because there is NO where on the Monsoon to hold anything! because of this now the Monsoon sits in my shop and never gets used. All the techs walk right by it and take a larger heavier Nautilus due to the fact the Nautilus will carry the wand, the rake, and has a flat top for your chems and buckets, plus the Nautilus comes with a nice bag for the hoses/cords which the Monsoon didn't.

So as great as the Monsoon is next time I need another portable I buy a unit that is user friendly.

Aperez

Jan 28, 2021
Real Name
Alejandro
Hi ,
I can totallly relate to this. We are trying to get away from using the TM on every job. The operating costs along with the initial costs are killer vs electric machines. I would love an actual qaud Rotovac ZX motor ETM set up. too bad it does not exist yet.

Aperez

Jan 28, 2021
Real Name
Alejandro
I own a Rotovac Monsoon, its great lots of vac. I have only 3 small issue with it.

, ok ok so we use good chem lets assume we all do. but now for the agitate and dwell.

3. not user friendly. so now you have to carry your chems, spotters cords, hoses, wand, agitation tool, vacuum, bucket for hot water, something to prespray with, rake, etc, before you know it now you need two people to carry all your supplies or make a lot of trips, because there is NO where on the Monsoon to hold anything! because of this now the Monsoon sits in my shop and never gets used. All the techs walk right by it and take a larger heavier Nautilus due to the fact the Nautilus will carry the wand, the rake, and has a flat top for your chems and buckets, plus the Nautilus comes with a nice bag for the hoses/cords which the Monsoon didn't.

So as great as the Monsoon is next time I need another portable I buy a unit that is user friendly.
I find it kind of funny they are complaining about that. Thats a problem with all portables. Not just the monsoon. We have a folding costco handtruck that converts into a cart. We pile everything onto the folding hand truck and push the monsoon separate. I highly reccomend handtruck that converts into a cart. We can fit 75 ft of vac and sol hose plus sprayer and everything else we need on the cart. Its worth every penny. 3 in 1 series folding handtruck is the proper name for it.

Reactions: Calgary Hog

Aperez

Jan 28, 2021
Real Name
Alejandro
My ETM is approaching 20 years of service, still using the second generator 10K using van fuel tank for it's fuel, original Cat pump, newer PumpTec 207 pump (single wand), and the original propane heater (220,000 BTU's) with auto-pilot.

It runs dual wands with 4 vac motors and 290 Cat, and BIG LP heat, to each wand at 100' away!
DO you have pictures or a link to this? I would like to do the same kind of set up.

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States

I appreciate Jim with his info. He's one of the good guys!

I am still using those old Lamb 7.2" vac motors that will just not die. I guess that's a good thing that they are still doing their job.

I have no problem comparing ease of use and superb results with this ETM, as it gets the job done every time with nary a problem (and I refuse to accept any new problems due to bragging on the old motors). I mean I get 280 degrees ATW if I ever thought it was necessary!

....And with that sweet APO, I am good to go!

Oh, and I get some insane heat at 150' out - 240 degrees ATW if necessary, but usually run at 210 degrees ATW. It will melt candle wax and chewing gum with no chemical added! With 90 gallons of frsh on-board water, we are...

A well designed ETM that will kick some serious butt, every time! With an on-board water softener and 90 gallons of fresh water, we are a quality production machine.

Last edited:

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I appreciate Jim with his info. He's one of the good guys!

I am still using those old Lamb 7.2" vac motors that will just not die. I guess that's a good thing that they are still doing their job.

I have no problem comparing ease of use and superb results with this ETM, as it gets the job done every time with nary a problem (and I refuse to accept any new problems due to bragging on the old motors). I mean I get 280 degrees ATW if I ever thought it was necessary!

....And with that sweet APO, I am good to go!

Oh, and I get some insane heat at 150' out - 240 degrees ATW if necessary, but usually run at 210 degrees ATW. It will melt candle wax and chewing gum with no chemical added! With 90 gallons of frsh on-board water, we are...

A well designed ETM that will kick some serious butt, every time! With an on-board water softener and 90 gallons of fresh water, we are a quality production machine.

Thanks for the great compliment Bob, especially coming from the OG of high performance electric vac machines!

October33

Mar 11, 2021
Real Name
Dylan Kerton
So I keep hearing that the lift and suction is great on the monsoon, unfortunately I have not been able to find the cfm specs. Anyone know the cfm for it? I will be looking at running 75ft of hose for residential.

October33

Mar 11, 2021
Real Name
Dylan Kerton

So as great as the Monsoon is next time I need another portable I buy a unit that is user friendly.Just wondering if you know the cfm on it?
Just wondering if you know the cfm of the monsoon?