Rotovac and CFX. Versatile enough for Residential and Commercial? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Rotovac and CFX. Versatile enough for Residential and Commercial?

jeremylj1972

May 20, 2010
Real Name
John Doe
Business Location
United States
As my first cleaning system, is the Rotovac coupled with the CFX versatile enough for residential work, apartment complexes and small commercial accounts? I am starting a new carpet cleaning business and will do some commercial work along with my janitorial company.

grimel

Apr 18, 2010
TN
Real Name
George Rimel
Business Location
United States
Yes, if you have the whole CFX kit not just the power pod. Sometimes you just need chems in your rinse.

Frank DiGi

Premium VIP
Sep 3, 2008
pa
www.dicarpetclean.com
Real Name
Frank
Business Location
United States
Yes it will work fine for these type jobs.. It you get the CFX I agree too to get the pod.. Rotovac powerwand. DHX or the 360I are all great tools to have for your business.. If not the CFX there are several portables that work well with a Rotovac.. Ninja ,Mytee and Recoil are just few good ones..

Nick P

Sep 30, 2008
Florida
Real Name
Nick Palumbo
Business Location
United States
Jeremy, these guys are right. Roto vac equipment is
very good stuff. It also depends on your chemical, dwell
time etc.. Good luck!!
Nick

grimel

Apr 18, 2010
TN
Real Name
George Rimel
Business Location
United States
They are all fine, but, the 360i is by far the most versatile. I have 2 powerwands and a 360. I haven't cleaned anything nasty enough to require a PW in so long I'm contemplating moving the newest (the old one got me started, it stays forever) PW down the road and pick up another rotary/OP.

nextlevel

Nov 17, 2006
Ca
Real Name
Thomas Turn e
Business Location
United States
They are all fine, but, the 360i is by far the most versatile. I have 2 powerwands and a 360. I haven't cleaned anything nasty enough to require a PW in so long I'm contemplating moving the newest (the old one got me started, it stays forever) PW down the road and pick up another rotary/OP.
Do you use a CFX or just other Rotovac units? How often do you use the 360 or PW. I'm thinking about pairing the PW w/Dual 3 Stage CFX Power Pod, no tank yet. Can't afford quite yet.

JDS87

May 25, 2009
Florida
Real Name
John Stanton
Business Location
United States
We've used the 360 and the CFX for over a year now. Doing both residential and commercial cleaning of carpet, tile & grout. The results have been
very good. We almost never use our other portable extractors because we're happy with the results from the Rotovac. However, if the carpet is
very nasty, we find that the Rotovac powerwand with the CFX does a much better job. If you feel you need more pressure for tile & grout
cleaning you can always get a Mytee Water Hog http://www.mytee.com/products/product.php?id=4000

It seems that so many cleaners are stuck in the the idea that they need a big truck mount and lots of heat and high pressure.
What they are forgetting is that all that money invested along with their fuel expenses just eat away at the bottom line.

As more get educated, understand the costs of doing business, they'll get machines like the Rotovac CFX and if you're
just a carpet cleaner the Steamin Deamon works very well too. Check it out! http://www.steamindemon.com/

nextlevel

Nov 17, 2006
Ca
Real Name
Thomas Turn e
Business Location
United States
We've used the 360 and the CFX for over a year now. Doing both residential and commercial cleaning of carpet, tile & grout. The results have been
very good. We almost never use our other portable extractors because we're happy with the results from the Rotovac. However, if the carpet is
very nasty, we find that the Rotovac powerwand with the CFX does a much better job. If you feel you need more pressure for tile & grout
cleaning you can always get a Mytee Water Hog http://www.mytee.com/products/product.php?id=4000

It seems that so many cleaners are stuck in the the idea that they need a big truck mount and lots of heat and high pressure.
What they are forgetting is that all that money invested along with their fuel expenses just eat away at the bottom line.

As more get educated, understand the costs of doing business, they'll get machines like the Rotovac CFX and if you're
just a carpet cleaner the Steamin Deamon works very well too. Check it out! http://www.steamindemon.com/
I have owned a Steamin Demon and I did not like it for ergonomic reason, not to do with the cleaning. It was I'm sure a wonderful cleaner but i just enjoy using a wand or powerwand. Odd I know. I wonder if anybody else is addicted to the action of using a wand or is it just me? ;)

grimel

Apr 18, 2010
TN
Real Name
George Rimel
Business Location
United States
Do you use a CFX or just other Rotovac units? How often do you use the 360 or PW. I'm thinking about pairing the PW w/Dual 3 Stage CFX Power Pod, no tank yet. Can't afford quite yet.
I have 2 PW and 1 360, 1 CFX and 1 Sandia Sniper. This combination allows me to work 2 PW in an extremely nasty home (hasn't happened yet), 1 PW and the 360, 1 wand & 360, or the 360 with the CFX acting as an auto dump inline booster with the Sandia.

The last combo is how I run it when I want the least movement (gives me 75ft hose run), driest carpet, and heat & pressure above tap water. I can have steam coming out of the carpet, dry times TM folks won't believe, and carpets that are CLEAN all in reasonable times.

Having 2 portys and 2 wands allows me to use the most efficient setup for the job at hand.

RotoRoy

Nov 28, 2019
Real Name
Roy Knaak Jr

I agree with this statement.
For all of us that have a single wand business plan, Quality Portables ave come such a long ways...
I use a rotovac cfx.
For solution, i welded a dolly that has a 500psi pumtec at the bottom, and 2 mytee hot water heaters.

the dolly can plug into a dryer or stove outlet,
Or jt can run off my 7000watt generator in the van)
The cfx just plugs jnto the bathroom-
Its a really versatile system thats easy to maintain.