Rotovac 360i for VLM | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Rotovac 360i for VLM

brentnorman

Sep 6, 2013
Pine River, MN
www.optimumcleaning.net
Real Name
Brent Norman
I'm a HWE type but would like to offer VLM on a couple commercial accounts for touch ups. So I was hoping to just get the heads for my Rotovac. Who has tried the head? I've heard complaints just because of the weight of it, too light. But it's very low level loop commercial. Would the head be a total waste?

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app

VERITAS4

Mar 25, 2011
Florida
www.safecarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Art Arreguin
Business Location
United States
I'm a HWE type but would like to offer VLM on a couple commercial accounts for touch ups. So I was hoping to just get the heads for my Rotovac. Who has tried the head? I've heard complaints just because of the weight of it, too light. But it's very low level loop commercial. Would the head be a total waste?

I've used the pad driver on the r360i for post bonneting to even out the carpet. In my opinion it is too light to do a very thorough job on vlm. I would use a 175 where the weight and size of the machine would give you better and faster results. If you are just touching up and it is light soil the r360i may work out ok. I like having the pad driver because I can also put a white pad and scrub linoleum or other surfaces.

brentnorman

Sep 6, 2013
Pine River, MN
www.optimumcleaning.net
Real Name
Brent Norman
I've used the pad driver on the r360i for post bonneting to even out the carpet. In my opinion it is too light to do a very thorough job on vlm. I would use a 175 where the weight and size of the machine would give you better and faster results. If you are just touching up and it is light soil the r360i may work out ok. I like having the pad driver because I can also put a white pad and scrub linoleum or other surfaces.
Thank you. I was trying to save a few hundred bucks by not having to have a 175. But also didn't want to waste money on the pad driver if it didn't work.

Tom Ingram

Premium VIP
Jan 17, 2013
Lexington, KY
Real Name
Tom Ingram
Business Location
United States
I have the pad driver for my 360i. I encapped my upstairs hallway. I got a lot of pile distortion from it. I have used it to do an encap demo on some commercial carpet. I thought it was ok, not great. I now use it with a bonnet to go over tile floors once I've cleaned them. Oh and to clean vinyl floors in kitchens and baths...

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

VERITAS4

Mar 25, 2011
Florida
www.safecarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Art Arreguin
Business Location
United States
Thank you. I was trying to save a few hundred bucks by not having to have a 175. But also didn't want to waste money on the pad driver if it didn't work.

The pad driver is not too expensive if I remember correctly. I keep it, a cotton bonnet and a white buffing pad on the truck. A 175 is a must in my opinion as it is versatile and has a lot of uses. Good luck!

Reactions: brentnorman

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering

Yes it's too light. If you want something cheap for touch ups get a better light machine like an oreck orbiter (for touch ups only, because it too is very small and light). If you want to be able to get good results on larger areas I would get the 175.

Reactions: brentnorman