Rotovac 360i Bonnet Cleaning

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
This is a multi question thread. Does anyone have real experience with using the 360i bonnet Block and also a 175? If you have experience with those and an orick too would be great. I already have a 360i and think it does a great job. I would soon like to get a 175 to be able to do VLM and also occasionally post bonnet HWE for better dry times. However for only $100-$200 I could get the 360i bonnet block and be able to do it. Obviously the 360i is a lot lighter than a 175 so I already know it wouldn't be as great at it as a real 175. But would it be worth it? The block says its 13" so I know it wouldn't be great for commercial but i think it would be perfect for residential.

I have an orick as well and although i have only tried a few times to encap with it I haven't been the slightest impressed with it's abilities at it. It definitely could just be my VLM abilities though because i have heard others say it works good for them. The two main problems is its weight and the lack of power. 360i doesn't seem that much heavier than an orick but it definitely has wayy more power, and wayyy more rpm. So a lot quicker than orick.

There is also a 360i bonnet head with jets so that would be cool if i could use it a drip encap cleaner?

I of course understand that no tool is perfect at everything, so at the end of the day i am okay with having multiple similar tools if they all serve a certain purpose. Meaning, i am not trying to make a 360i preform just like a real 175. But do i really need both?

Also is the bonnet block bristles stiff enough to first agitate tile or carpet? And then I could encap with it or post bonnet. I would think it is too stiff for carpet? But what about the carpet brush block? Is that stiff enough to use as a bonnet head?

Last question for now, I think i saw @ACP say he puts the 360XL head on the regular 360i and it does fine?
If so that would be even better for everything. I believe it is 15" so still pretty good for residential and not bad for commercial. I could find a way to add weight to it as well but whats everyone's thoughts on that? Too hard on the motor with extra weight and bigger head?

Thank you for your
opinions/experience in advance. Although i really am only asking for people who actually have experience with any of the above.

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
This is a multi question thread. Does anyone have real experience with using the 360i bonnet Block and also a 175? If you have experience with those and an orick too would be great. I already have a 360i and think it does a great job. I would soon like to get a 175 to be able to do VLM and also occasionally post bonnet HWE for better dry times. However for only $100-$200 I could get the 360i bonnet block and be able to do it. Obviously the 360i is a lot lighter than a 175 so I already know it wouldn't be as great at it as a real 175. But would it be worth it? The block says its 13" so I know it wouldn't be great for commercial but i think it would be perfect for residential.

I have an orick as well and although i have only tried a few times to encap with it I haven't been the slightest impressed with it's abilities at it. It definitely could just be my VLM abilities though because i have heard others say it works good for them. The two main problems is its weight and the lack of power. 360i doesn't seem that much heavier than an orick but it definitely has wayy more power, and wayyy more rpm. So a lot quicker than orick.

There is also a 360i bonnet head with jets so that would be cool if i could use it a drip encap cleaner?

I of course understand that no tool is perfect at everything, so at the end of the day i am okay with having multiple similar tools if they all serve a certain purpose. Meaning, i am not trying to make a 360i preform just like a real 175. But do i really need both?

Also is the bonnet block bristles stiff enough to first agitate tile or carpet? And then I could encap with it or post bonnet. I would think it is too stiff for carpet? But what about the carpet brush block? Is that stiff enough to use as a bonnet head?

Last question for now, I think i saw @ACP say he puts the 360XL head on the regular 360i and it does fine?
If so that would be even better for everything. I believe it is 15" so still pretty good for residential and not bad for commercial. I could find a way to add weight to it as well but whats everyone's thoughts on that? Too hard on the motor with extra weight and bigger head?

Thank you for your
opinions/experience in advance. Although i really am only asking for people who actually have experience with any of the above.

Also on the line of talking about the 360i carpet brush head..does anyone use it to agitate and then clean? or just clean with it right away?

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat

Thank you for your
Hi, Although I had the 360i once upon a time but never tried the encap, however I use my trex jr to do a basic encaping and does great for small commercial or wicking residential. It does well I am happy with the results.

Reactions: DakotaG and J20770

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
ive used the pad driver a lot with the 360, it works fine... not going to scrub as well as a 175 but it definitely works for pad capping if needed. Its better than a oreck orbiter as its a bit larger of a cleaning path and has a little more weight.

the 15in head on the regular 360 is okay, its not great... probably wouldnt recommend it to be honest. Its a little hard on the smaller 360 motor, clearance is a lot better than the big 360XL and its much lighter.

The only time we use a rotary is on extremely soiled carpet or urine jobs, for those the regular head cleans better than 15in

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
ive used the pad driver a lot with the 360, it works fine... not going to scrub as well as a 175 but it definitely works for pad capping if needed. Its better than a oreck orbiter as its a bit larger of a cleaning path and has a little more weight.

the 15in head on the regular 360 is okay, its not great... probably wouldnt recommend it to be honest. Its a little hard on the smaller 360 motor, clearance is a lot better than the big 360XL and its much lighter.

The only time we use a rotary is on extremely soiled carpet or urine jobs, for those the regular head cleans better than 15in
Thanks for the insight..I think it'll work well for me then

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
I've wondered about this with the T-Rex. Should I get the Oreck or should I get the pad driver for the TRex.
The orick seems to work fine for me as an agitation machine but not encap..based on the other guys input I think I am going to get the 360i pad driver and just on price I would suggest u get pad driver instead of orick..idk how much Trex driver is but 360i is only $100.. my orick setup cost like $400

Reactions: J20770

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray

Can u use the pad driver bare as an agitation tool? Either tile or carpet? I guess more so for tile because I could use it with a white/red pad on carpet but I would need brushes for tile

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Thanks for the insight..I think it'll work well for me then
But don't expect something big, as I said only for smaller jobs works great, If you are thinking to go to big filthy commercial jobs to encap just get the heavy 175. Every 3 months I do commercial building and because there is no water available I use my trex jr to encap, its a small hallway probably not more then 200 sqft. Also once in couple of years I get wicks on carpet and again I use my trex jr on small areas. I think it will be very slow for larger areas or I might be wrong.

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
But don't expect something big, as I said only for smaller jobs works great, If you are thinking to go to big filthy commercial jobs to encap just get the heavy 175. Every 3 months I do commercial building and because there is no water available I use my trex jr to encap, its a small hallway probably not more then 200 sqft. Also once in couple of years I get wicks on carpet and again I use my trex jr on small areas. I think it will be very slow for larger areas or I might be wrong.
I get u. most of my work is residential and a lot of the commercial I pursue is tile cleaning..some smaller carpeted areas too so idt I will need a full 175 unless bigger accounts come on later

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I get u. most of my work is residential and a lot of the commercial I pursue is tile cleaning..some smaller carpeted areas too so idt I will need a full 175 unless bigger accounts come on later
I have never tried my jr on tiles but I don't think it will have any effect on tiles though, crb is great on tiles but recommended the 15 or larger.

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
On mine list as well, I will buy a 15 and a 10 but not yet, let me upgrade my van to a pro master first.
Nice dude! Promaster would be sweet!..I'm hoping if all goes well in 2 or so years I'll be in one too!

I think 10" would be great but yeah the 15 or even 20" for bigger jobs can be efficiency machines..getting the the kit to put two machines together is pretty slick too

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
I have never tried my jr on tiles but I don't think it will have any effect on tiles though, crb is great on tiles but recommended the 15 or larger.
I guess it'll be trial and error..mainly want it for encap cleaning but I'll try it out at agitation..I still have the orick if the pad driver doesn't do good at tile

Reactions: Fedri