mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
sorry, not a cleaning topic.

but if you needed to buy carpet for an office with rolling chairs, would you buy a roll carpet or carpet tile? And why?

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
sorry, not a cleaning topic.

but if you needed to buy carpet for an office with rolling chairs, would you buy a roll carpet or carpet tile? And why?
Carpet tile instead of broadloom. Reasons being you can or building maintenance can easily replace damaged tiles without any tools or carpet installation skills. Tiles also tend to be tougher. But like everything there is a cheap version or lower quality side to them.

Either way with roller chairs. Chair pads are highly recommended.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
what do I look for to get a higher quality version?
Face weight. Nylon obviously. I’ve noticed some cheap crap being put in the backing is like a thin film. The carpet itself is also extremely thin. And i see curling going on around their edges. What i use is Shaw contract ecoworx. My sample board is at a clients building now so i cant get specs off it. And idk if you’ve tried yet. But researching carpet tile on the mills websites absolutely sucks. Best to go and see the samples for comparison in person.

I just installed this a few weeks ago in a country club. And these were shaw but were a hell of a lot heavier and thicker. Almost 3/8 total. And i was destroying blades non stop on its backing. Reminded me of the old glassback carpet. When it was like trying to cut a tire with a knife.
Supposedly Shaw has a recycling program. For when you are done with your floor. They will take back up to 500 yrds free. Each tile has the number to call on its back. Never had to use it yet. But could save you a dumpster fee idk.
DEA7D393-20FA-4E21-8D3F-A40DFCB50F96.jpeg