Roll call: Who's got overweight kids?...

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Prosteam-sonomacounty, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Harry Mullett

Premium VIP

Dec 29, 2009
    Idaho
    Ratings:
    +4,034 / 23 / -4
    I turned 50 last fall. Had gotten heavier that I did not realize until my clothes were starting not to fit. I have lost 20 lbs since Mid Nov and feel a lot better. Sitting at 210 and 6 ft tall. Would like to lose 10 or 20 more but it is coming off slower now.

Eating better, reducing/eliminating unhealthy snacks & increase exercise is the key.

• Like Like x 2
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP

Apr 23, 2013
    Male
    Windsor, California
    Ratings:
    +20,768 / 81 / -0
    Both excersise and eating habits are important but I'd put much more value on healthy eating.
    I see people in the gym who work out like freaks but they still look horrific because they eat like there's no tomorrow

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MikeGaure

Premium VIP

Nov 23, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 19 / -0
    You old bugger. Screenshots to upload a pic, just upload the pic lol

My mom was showing me stuff today like that

That's cool you get to do that with grandkids

4. Mike Krall

Premium VIP

Apr 24, 2013
    Male
    New York
    Ratings:
    +8,288 / 15 / -0
    You know what's really a double edged sword? Cooking meals ahead of time!!! It's awesome to have them available and a time saver, but it makes me overeat.

I've been starting to like veggies. Radishes are awesome and I used to dine on cole slaw, but I took home some cabbage 1 day and ate that instead of making cole slaw and the stuff is wicked good!

Those white mushrooms are pretty tasty too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP

Apr 23, 2013
    Male
    Windsor, California
    Ratings:
    +20,768 / 81 / -0
    Try slicing raw turnips and dusting them with salt. Great TV snack in the evening

6. Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP

Apr 23, 2013
    Male
    Windsor, California
    Ratings:
    +20,768 / 81 / -0
    Trust... I know plenty of people who died before they had a chance to see their kids get married...

7. OldCarpetVet

OldCarpetVet Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2014
    Male
    F.A.R.T. = Fabric Analyst & Restoration Technician
    Florida
    Ratings:
    +4,268 / 7 / -0

And he looks bigger too.

Here's the thing about a true JKD artist.....In it's truest unartful art "form" (which there really is none per se) I always see so many fighters who are trained in it, throw it out the window when they're in a ring or cage match. I can spot a true JKD fighter a mile away and what I saw here was a JKD Concept fighter with a good high side kick that set up the knock out punch. Nothing wrong with that for sure. But that actually goes against what Bruce Lee taught. A true JKD fighter never would have kicked that high to the head and certainly not from his rear leg. Always the lead leg as it is closer to the target. If you have ever read his book, Tao of Jeet Kune Do you will see in quotes him responding to an interviewer when asked about high kicks and Bruce responded...."Why Would I Kick Your Head? I'm Not Going to Punch Your Feet". He mainly used and taught kicks as a way to open up the legs for a groin tap kick, a stop kick to set up an advance and to disrupt the opponents timing, but never to the head as he believed in keeping one's balance....footwork if you will.

I was fortunate enough to have sparred and trained with Sifu Ted Wong, Daniel Lee, (RIP Ted & Daniel) John Little, Tommy Gong and a few others who actually knew Bruce. Sadly most people do not understand that there is a big difference to Bruce''s original JKD and what Dan Inosanto teaches, aka...JKD Concepts. A concept that Linda Lee (Bruce's wife) has been very much against. Me....I have no problem with it.
    "Having No Way As Way - Having No Limitations As Limitations" Bruce always said.

Regardless, what I saw in the video you posted wasn't any JKD that I am used to seeing, though the fight only lasted seconds. All I need to do is watch the stance and feet that tells me everything I need to know. The guy's still a badass though. (y)

8. SunnyDays Carpet Cleaning

SunnyDays Carpet Cleaning Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +2,253 / 3 / -0
    I been going to the gym for about six months, doing 30 minutes on the treadmill. Lifting weights and machines workouts. But I seem to have gained some pounds. But gaining a lot of muscle. So guess it's true muscle is heavier than fat.

• Like Like x 1