Robs Encap

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I don’t feel obligated to post positive stuff here just because this is Robs forum. But genuinely want to share that Robs Encap works terrific. Had my first full home encap job. I was going to use HWE but when I arrived the water pump for the home burst that night. Owners wanted the carpet done ASAP no time to wait.
I was pretty amazed with how well stains came out with the encap. I have a CRB coming but had to do the entire job with a Oreck Orbitor. My 175 was at home as I didn’t think for a second I’d have a need for it. Man it was nice not to have to pull out the porty and only have one cord. Had to use a generator since it only the water was out but so was the power!
Not the greatest smelling product but worked terrific and far above what I thought it would.
Client was thrilled, and I was proud of the result. If your new like me to encap give it a try, definitely look forward to more experience with it. I hope to offer HWE and Encap long into the future.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I bonnet with my Oreck all the time, I actually prefer using the Oreck. Vacuum with the Turbocat, run a scrub pad first in the traffic lanes and heavily soiled areas and Ironman bonnets last, is an awesome combination. I have a shampoo tank and an electric sprayer on mine and just added a 10' coil hose and chemical injection for doing stairs and precision spraying around furniture, the tank only holds water now. At 59 lbs with 2 gallons of water it's heavy enough to be effective, but not so heavy that you don't want to take it off the truck. It's not for doing 20k of CGD every day, but perfectly suited for residential and small commercial.

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I bonnet with my Oreck all the time, I actually prefer using the Oreck. Vacuum with the Turbocat, run a scrub pad first in the traffic lanes and heavily soiled areas and Ironman bonnets last, is an awesome combination. I have a shampoo tank and an electric sprayer on mine and just added a 10' coil hose and chemical injection for doing stairs and precision spraying around furniture, the tank only holds water now. At 59 lbs with 2 gallons of water it's heavy enough to be effective, but not so heavy that you don't want to take it off the truck. It's not for doing 20k of CGD every day, but perfectly suited for residential and small commercial.

I used a brush on the entire carpet, and explained carefully to the owner it must be vacuumed after dry slowly and methodically. He had his wife on site and said she vacuumed for hours before I showed up and will be glad to again.
With encap is it common to ask the owner to vac or do you show up the next day? Is there a common procedure for That?

since-1968

Mar 3, 2017
Real Name
Ronnie Rudy
I used a brush on the entire carpet, and explained carefully to the owner it must be vacuumed after dry slowly and methodically. He had his wife on site and said she vacuumed for hours before I showed up and will be glad to again.
With encap is it common to ask the owner to vac or do you show up the next day? Is there a common procedure for That?

Good question. Seems like it’s a two step process-applied product by the carpet cleaner and the owner removing
Dried residue and released soils upon drying. So if cleaning is process of ‘removing soil’, who really is the cleaner?

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
when encapping I always use absorbant bonnets like the ironman Jim mentioned. For me, in residential it seems sort of like not really cleaning if you don't take the soil away.

Maint, comm clean it makes sense
IMO

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Use bonnet pro bonnets or challenger stair pads to pad off moisture (vlm). It will give you better results then just brush or fiber pad. Plus customer and you can visually see soil being removed. The post vacuuming? I just tell them any residual detergent will be removed with next regular vacuuming. (Only if they ask about residue) watch you dont get caught in a trap and talked into a corner so to speak.

Just be careful with staple fiber. If you see boogers appearing on carpet face stop. You might need to use glide in center.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I am selective about bonneting in residential, sometimes it's the best choice. I do exactly like keep it clean sez above and let them know that they can vacuum anytime after it's completely dry and that they will notice that it stays cleaner, longer in certain areas. When using the Oreck I just lift up slightly at start up and reduce the start up load on it until it's running at full RPMs then let it eat. Motors last much longer if you do that.

BigPapa

Apr 11, 2013
Real Name
Dan Ziegler
Good for you...this world of bonnets and encap is new to me...In my day bonnet cleaning was just moving dirt around...Even after 35 years there are new things to learn if your open to it.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I don’t feel obligated to post positive stuff here just because this is Robs forum. But genuinely want to share that Robs Encap works terrific. Had my first full home encap job. I was going to use HWE but when I arrived the water pump for the home burst that night. Owners wanted the carpet done ASAP no time to wait.
I was pretty amazed with how well stains came out with the encap. I have a CRB coming but had to do the entire job with a Oreck Orbitor. My 175 was at home as I didn’t think for a second I’d have a need for it. Man it was nice not to have to pull out the porty and only have one cord. Had to use a generator since it only the water was out but so was the power!
Not the greatest smelling product but worked terrific and far above what I thought it would.
Client was thrilled, and I was proud of the result. If your new like me to encap give it a try, definitely look forward to more experience with it. I hope to offer HWE and Encap long into the future.
I don't feel obligated to post positive stuff here either about robs chems,, but I cant help it they work !!

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Today I booked my first commercial encap job for next week. I low bid it to gain experience. It’s glued down, and some big spots on it. Guessing organic.
Question... I have a 175, Oreck Orbitor, and a Host CRB. Would the 175 be the best choice to use? If so, brush it first, then bonnet? Or should I CRB or Oreck it? Looking for suggestions as the general manager said if I do a good job then they’ll use me more.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Commercial loop? Use 175 all the way. Run vct pad down. Then back track over same area with cotton bonnet. Repeat. I dont know about Robs encap does it contain hydrogen peroxide? If it does it will take care of organic spots. Mix it heavy and put in spray bottle as a spotter. Then mix main spray according to how bad carpet is. Walk ahead hitting coffee with your squirt bottle before misting down overall carpet. Some stuff disappears on you after spraying and gets missed.
Use red vct pads. I know jeff will tell me green pads ;) and i agree. But stick with red until you get some experience.
Remember you only want it wet enough to move soil. Not soaked down as your would with hwe. Dont forget to give your bonnets a light spray. It helps.

You can run brush if you choose. But with the vct pad its more aggressive on the surface of the fiber where filth gets caked on. But i also like it because i dont have to keep switching drivers. One driver and just peel pads.

Oh and vacuum vacuum vacumm before starting. It makes a huge difference with vlm.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Oh curious my 175 is 17” should I get larger pads to get along walls better?
Vct pad match to size. Bonnets get next size up. (Pre wash them to tighten them up)
I did see red pad once bleed. I get them from homedepot. "Diablo" if concerned. Run under water at home and watch for bleed. It really shouldnt bleed though. Maintenance guys would be pretty pissed if they were spreading red green and maroon dye across their floors.

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
If you have the time and feel like it look for a regular Jan -san distributor in your area. I have found their pads are a lot cheaper that way
I've not looked for pads at HD but I know they charge an arm and a leg for any supplies associated with their rentals which are high as well

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
If you have the time and feel like it look for a regular Jan -san distributor in your area. I have found their pads are a lot cheaper that way
I've not looked for pads at HD but I know they charge an arm and a leg for any supplies associated with their rentals which are high as well
Theyre around 6 bucks at depot. Your correct they gouge you in the rental area for consumables. Pads, nails, blades... Especially their sanding discs! I remember renting a floor stapler. They actually sold the staples per sleeve! Even the taped nails for paslode guns :D But if you just need a pad in a hurry its there. I just wouldnt make a habit of buying them there.