FB - Rob, so i just had a potential client message me and ask about the chems being bird safe, in all my | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

FB Rob, so i just had a potential client message me and ask about the chems being bird safe, in all my

A

Anthony Izzi

Rob, so i just had a potential client message me and ask about the chems being bird safe, in all my years never had anyone ask that... my first thought was a product like pro-safe should be fine, but doing some quick research it looks like most of the bird chat groups say any fumes are harmful to birds and they recommend cleaning with hot water only and remove the bird from the area... suggestions?

L

Levi Lennie

I cleaned my friends house with rsf and his parakeet was in the room and just fine.

S

Shane DeLuca

I have several birds, and they seem to do ok with anything I've used in my place. I always ask clients to move their feathered friends outside for the duration of the cleaning just to be safe. Birds have very delicate respiratory systems, and its better safe than sorry. Most of your normal chemicals will be fine, just try not to get too much of it airborne and don't spray deodorizer in rooms with the bird. Anything with Teflon WILL kill them.

A

Anthony Izzi

i think most clients are more interested in knowing that you take their concerns seriously and are doing your best to safe guard all of their loved ones...

W

William English

We fax material safety data information to their veterinarians for their approval if needed. We also do this with family doctors if needed for sensitive clients. Never had an negative issue.

B

Bryon Rocz

Even on water damage projects we do not apply botanical germicide if birds are present . I know 3 local cleaners that this has happened to .

M

Mary Schoene

We don’t spray apply ANYTHING to a room where there are birds. I have Parrots myself. We suggest moving birds to another area of the home if possible during the cleaning for their safety. Otherwise we rely on our heat, dwell time, and agitation. In the bird room.

M

Mary Schoene

29186433_10204654567240107_2414181334462234624_n.jpg