RIP Prochem? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

RIP Prochem?

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
i believe it is more than a change of ownership issue.....

i believe it is a percieved disconnect between seller...
and end user......

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
With all due respect you wouldn’t understand. It’s a carpet cleaner thing. It’s the “solid brand name” we as cleaners helped build with our blood, sweat, tears and passion. It’s like a part of us is going away, needlessly.
I respect everyones feelings and thought.

I personally Love SS. I cannot say anything negative about this mfg, this is based on my own experience and I will also add that this is my very first time purchasing anything from the legends brand, period! I mean I hadnt even purchased a pre spray or anything from them till I bought their 2018 SS370.

I had 1 small issue but it was resolved and repaired within 24 hours.

I STRONGLY believe that my distributor ( Cleanquest in Concord, Ca)
was just pure ..AWESOME! thinking about it they were so awesome that it was their knowledge, experience, and their honesty. The sale/purchase was in the bag. Greg, Mike, Frank, and courtney are just
wonderful people.

They never pressured me, but just provided honest info to my questions.

Clean quest + Lengends brand (SS)
= My absolutely best experience

I use this machine everyday, sometimes 12 hours daily

everything in this machine runs smoothly. and this is after about 1 year next month.

My only regret was not getting the next size up machine.

without a doubt, God permitting I'll purchase another SS machine on my next purchase in which I plan will be the new SS 870.

Reactions: Scott W

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I respect everyones feelings and thought.

I personally Love SS. I cannot say anything negative about this mfg, this is based on my own experience and I will also add that this is my very first time purchasing anything from the legends brand, period! I mean I hadnt even purchased a pre spray or anything from them till I bought their 2018 SS370.

I had 1 small issue but it was resolved and repaired within 24 hours.

I STRONGLY believe that my distributor ( Cleanquest in Concord, Ca)
was just pure ..AWESOME! thinking about it they were so awesome that it was their knowledge, experience, and their honesty. The sale/purchase was in the bag. Greg, Mike, Frank, and courtney are just
wonderful people.

They never pressured me, but just provided honest info to my questions.

Clean quest + Lengends brand (SS)
= My absolutely best experience

I use this machine everyday, sometimes 12 hours daily

everything in this machine runs smoothly. and this is after about 1 year next month.

My only regret was not getting the next size up machine.

without a doubt, God permitting I'll purchase another SS machine on my next purchase in which I plan will be the new SS 870.
If something works for you that’s what counts. Also have a great distributor can be better than any equipment as they always have your back. Congrats as they are rare.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
With all due respect you wouldn’t understand. It’s a carpet cleaner thing. It’s the “solid brand name” we as cleaners helped build with our blood, sweat, tears and passion. It’s like a part of us is going away, needlessly.
Sounds perfectly fair.

After all, I only clean carpet part-time, so as to understand at least a little of what you guys do. The seven years I've put in here have been a supportive role, not so much a do-it role.

The hundreds of guys I work with every year teach me on a daily basis, through their triumphs and their failures, and I help them to spread their efforts across dozens of other companies. I get their feedback on the machines, the chemicals, I even help turn wrenches in the back on occasion and I've been known to customize a wand or two while I'm at it. I'm in touch almost daily with major manufacturers and chemists, getting the skinny on what's coming and what's leaving. But that's not real carpet cleaning experience.

Then again, I've worked crawlspaces, trauma scenes, and hoarding houses; I've abated asbestos and chased angry raccoons out of attics; I've sculpted rugs and toured mills, installed floors and torn them out; I've been knee-deep in sewage, and I've tackled cat urine galore, puffbacks and strip-joint carpets full of glitter and oil ... but I'm not a real cleaner, as someone who is now gone once said years ago.

So you can quite cheerfully ignore anything and everything I ever post here, since I don't understand.

grumbles a little and heads for coffee

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
they are all good TM...

all these listed have been around close to 20 year
all good machines with a lot of choices
all across the country......

Saphire
hydramaster

butler....mass.
Steam action....missouri
Cobb....tx
Amtex......tx
Fox....california
el diablo......colorado
TLC....atlanta
Reliabuild....Colorado(10 years)
Judson.....n. carolina
blue barron...florida

even a ETM..may be a good entry level...

lots of choices with a wide range of prices and advantages and disadvantages...
Any of these you can drive to within 10 hours from all over the country....
A distributership is going to cost more because they have more middle man and distributers....
but they may be closer for some and may have more support....???

For a new carpet cleaner...the TM today are much more powerful , safer, and better built than 20-30 years ago....

great choices for a newbie