RIP Prochem?

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
X Drive concerns me, even in cars from major manufactures electric is proving difficult for consistent quality and has high maintenance.
We've got a fellow locally who picked up not one, but a PAIR of x-drives last year. We aren't authorized or trained yet to install, so I didn't get to see that part of the process, but his tech comes to see me about once or twice a week. He says he's been running them hard since day one and so far, no problems.

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
Math is wrong

worst case scenario...its paid off in 5 years, its basically a compact car
I can see getting one of these if I can get hotel or motel accounts, and libraries
Thanks for clearing up the math mistake, again as I said I was in emergency at the time and a little distracted.
Anyway you cut it it’s a ridicules price for a machine that does what 50 others do. And I own the prochem 650 and I wouldn’t put that kind of money out. I’m thinking of a new machine next year. Can’t wait to see what rob comes up with. Hopefully ya at least as good as what I have now. Only newer of course

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Really hot water at 2500 PSI.

There are a lot of additional services you could offer with that. Clean a super greasy quarry tile floor in a kitchen with one wand, clean the carpet with the next wand and steam clean the concrete parking lot with wand #3.
Scott, is there adjustable pressure setting?
Ex: wand one- 500 psi
Wand 2- 1000 psi
Wand 3- 1500 psi

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
If I was designing a machine with that price tag, I'd be sure to have adjustable pressure settings. I love love love the big ass monster machine steam action brings to the experience in Atlanta every year. The machine is 6 wand capable, however IT DOES NOT have different pressure settings. What a waste. I wanna be able to clean different surfaces if I have more than a dual wand. I have a dual wand machine and all the time I wish I had different pressure settings.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Doesnt the regulator adjust to whatever pressure is needed?

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
If I was designing a machine with that price tag, I'd be sure to have adjustable pressure settings. I love love love the big ass monster machine steam action brings to the experience in Atlanta every year. The machine is 6 wand capable, however IT DOES NOT have different pressure settings. What a waste. I wanna be able to clean different surfaces if I have more than a dual wand. I have a dual wand machine and all the time I wish I had different pressure settings.
nothing in our area even really justifies two wands lol

let alone 6! thats nuts

Reactions: Cameron RDS

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
It really wouldn't take much to add to your current TM. Are you doing carpet and upholstery together a lot?

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
It really wouldn't take much to add to your current TM. Are you doing carpet and upholstery together a lot?
My goal would be carpet and tile. Upholstery isn't as much of an issue with a constant flow tool. Psi isn't really a factor with those tools. What does it take?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
My goal would be carpet and tile. Upholstery isn't as much of an issue with a constant flow tool. Psi isn't really a factor with those tools. What does it take?
If your pump is like most it has 2 pressure outlets. You just duplicate the exact design you currently have for your second tool with either a second unloader or bypass pressure regulator (which ever one you currently have). If you don't have room on the panel for another gauge or unloader knob you would need to add a subpanel somewhere, but that's easy.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
If your pump is like most it has 2 pressure outlets. You just duplicate the exact design you currently have for your second tool with either a second unloader or bypass pressure regulator (which ever one you currently have). If you don't have room on the panel for another gauge or unloader knob you would need to add a subpanel somewhere, but that's easy.
That's awesome to know, and seems easy. Especially if I was charging 38,000 for a truckmount

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
here are the specs...same as the old 870 ss...i think????

63 hp 4 cylinder hyundai engine
tri fold blower......gets 700cfm maximum.....
heres the blower
https://www.steam-brite.com/gardner-denver-triflow-ti410-sutorbilt-truck-mount-vacuum-blower-791249-pump-86175370-ti650-p-5900.html

i have talked to several distributers and they are all telling me that these blowers are run around 70% maximum...

if they are correct that would be about 500-600 cfm......
i am guessing around 550 cfm....

which is great but could be reached with a 53 blower and 40 hp engine or at least 530 cfm...

everyone i have talked to that has tried dual wanding knows that you lose major vacuum when you lift up one end of the wand.........
only way to have true dual wand is to have 2 tanks or maybe have 2 zipper/bonzers continually on the floor at all times....

Reactions: sbsscn

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Yes but only at one pressure, their were no multiple regulators. A 3 wand machine should have multiple pressure settings.
Awe i see i misunderstood your post your wanting seperate pressure control of each outlet gotcha that would be cool

Reactions: Cameron RDS

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States

heres the blower
https://www.steam-brite.com/gardner-denver-triflow-ti410-sutorbilt-truck-mount-vacuum-blower-791249-pump-86175370-ti650-p-5900.html

i have talked to several distributers and they are all telling me that these blowers are run around 70% maximum...

which is great but could be reached with a 53 blower and 40 hp engine or at least 530 cfm...

everyone i have talked to that has tried dual wanding knows that you lose major vacuum when you lift up one end of the wand.........
only way to have true dual wand is to have 2 tanks or maybe have 2 zipper/bonzers continually on the floor at all times....
Pretty sure the motor was upgraded to a kubota they said the Hyundai motor was discontinued i believe the blower and pump are the same

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

heres the blower

Will the new TM be whored out for sale on SteamBrite screwing over distributors?

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Cant remember exactly but im pretty sure if im remembering right what i read in my blower owners manual the blowers max numbers are close to or a little over 1000 cfm and up to 15hg but your correct they dont run them at max

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
tri flow 410 garner denver..at 700 cfm........

but recheck it ...because I looked and they do not list cfm on this new machine only lift?????

but i believe the blower is the same.......

i have talked to several guys on these large machines.....
just talked to john from steam action last year who makes these big TM with a 59 blower(750-800 cfm) and 65hp industrial engine....

said "600-650 cfm max" for his large TM

but like i said 600 cfm is huge ...but not capacity.....

Last edited:

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I think the only way to have multiple psi adjustments would be to have x amount of regulators/unloaders for each water outlet, it might be possible, But I dont think even the Aero tech or Vortex machines do that?
I could very well be wrong since ive never used one of them.

I think it might place a huge load on the engine and strain on the pump or make the machine heavy if multiple pumps are installed.

Latest posts