Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Seeing the announcement and reveal of the SS 870 with the Everest name tag it seems in my opinion that Prochem Truckmounts is dead. Isn't this is one of the final assimilations. Prove me wrong, please.

I knew about the machine in advance. What I did not know was the hefty price tag. List at almost 38k (isn't that about a 6-7k price increase?) I think at that price it should drive me to the job and do the cleaning.

Kubota engine
New style blower
Claims 3 wand capable
Lots buttons
LED lights

870 pic 2.jpeg

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
Prochem was gone once SS took over. Its just a name attached to a SS machine just like they tried with the Apex. They want to attact the old Prochem loyalists like me, but I wont be fooled.

38 Grand. LOL Id rather have 2 Titans and run them separately.

I just wonder what SS is gunna look like in 10 years. Prochem was a solid company. Dont think SS can keep that tradition. Just my opinion tho.

If your looking for a tried a true brand at least we still have HM and Butler

Harry Mullett

Premium VIP
Dec 29, 2009
Idaho
Real Name
John Bunn
Business Location
United States
Exactly what I was thinking Prochem is dead. Pretty ironic since the Saphire guys are former prochem guys and now they have killed prochem.

Rob when are you coming out with your new truckmount? Haven't heard anything on your machine in a while.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Anybody got a good picture of the control panel? I’m trying to figure WTH you need 8 switches for.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Exactly what I was thinking Prochem is dead. Pretty ironic since the Saphire guys are former prochem guys and now they have killed prochem.

Rob when are you coming out with your new truckmount? Haven't heard anything on your machine in a while.
I'm in no rush to market. We are really enjoying field testing it. So maybe Spring or or early Summer.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Its got the "E-Idle" option!!

That is so cooool!!

That machine looks freggin hot!!!!!
Very interesting.

I gots nothing against the change they are doing. As long as the machine rocks i have no problem letting go of 40k. Id get a vortex but in my area it would not work out, many of my clients are up on the hills and the roads are super narrow, id kill myself in a big rig going up there. Large van or XTL model would well.

Reactions: Scott W

Swani21

Oct 8, 2015
Real Name
Nick S.
Are they still going to be assembled in the Karcher plant?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I'm more trying to figure out what I would need three wands for
The first hose goes to the guy using the rotery extractor, the second hose is for the guy with the wand cleaning all the corners the first guy can’t get to, and the third wand is for a guy doing a dry pass and putting pretty triangles in the carpet.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
The first hose goes to the guy using the rotery extractor, the second hose is for the guy with the wand cleaning all the corners the first guy can’t get to, and the third wand is for a guy doing a dry pass and putting pretty triangles in the carpet.
then you must have 3 seats in your van!!

Reactions: Bob Savage

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
then you must have 3 seats in your van!!
Or have someone sit in the back. I do that to my daughter sometimes when 3 of us go on big jobs. I just put a chair in the back LOL.

Reactions: MikeGaure

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Unbelievable how complex they make what is in reality a very simple concept...engine, pressure pump, heater and blower. No thanks...
its a hook for new guys and veterans.

you see it in the auto industry, it creates new tools and new systems that are required too diagnose and repair.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Machine does not look complicated, but it does look well engineered, I wish I had the engineering skills to think of a design like that.
4 core radiator, Fuel injected, reset able circuit breakers, built in filter box into vacuum outlets, huge water tank, gear driven timing (no more chain), 2500 PSI pump, spring and piston chemical last step (no more diaphragm) 3 wand capability, A HUGE BLOWER! this thing would fit into a box truck easily

Looks Awesome!!

Reactions: Scott W