Rich client suing her maid over this-Ouch! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Rich client suing her maid over this-Ouch!

True Pro

Jan 21, 2014
MA.
Real Name
Gilles LeBlanc
Business Location
United States
I have a Moving Services Company and I also do estimates for corporate relocations. (moves) . One of the things my clients ask for is a list of high value items. Such as art and the like.
It's not uncommon to have $5K rugs in the foyer and $20k rugs in the living room and dining room.
It amazes me the money people spend on rugs,

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
Rob. People like that hold everybody accountable for everything doesn't matter if your rich or poor. One of our customers is a billionaire. He had a maid service company cleaning his house and one of the girls accidentally poked a hole in the recoil foam of one of his $10,000 speakers. Now I understand that was an accident and yes that company should pay for it but he demanded they do or he would sue.

Make her sign a waver or bounce. You have plenty of clientele and don't need the stress. She should at least get the girl to pay for the damages, not sue her.

They are only looking out for number one. That's why my customer is all alone by him self with all his toys and no one to share them with.
I agree. Did work for a lady that was known for suing contractors. Bunch of guys told me to run. I made plenty of money then barely got away from her. She threatened me over $25 to run my name down all over town. I told her to shove that bill up her ass. She never paid it. I feel lucky. My work was close to perfect was the only thing that saved me from her speed dialing her lawyer.

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
Facts are what count here I would think. The only fact is the rug has been damaged.
Do you know exactly how it got damaged, no you don't.
Insurance is unlikely to be an avenue for her because she probably has a deductible of maybe $500 (possibly a grand) so the $800 or less balance might not be worth the possible increase in premiums. But certainly find out, might be easier to deal with than dealing with her.
Giving her a letter confirming how the damage was caused would be a non starter for me, because you just dont know how it happened.
If you know you can get it back to the way it was or needs to be, then your usual contract procedure ought to be good enough, so get on with it and make money and a client going forward.

Buddy Mc

Sep 15, 2014
Real Name
Buddy McClelland
Is it really a silk rug or is it a faux silk rug? Many clients of mine say they have a silk rug and in reality were sold something else. A simple burn test on a fiber or two will tell you.