Revolution Cleaning!!! The Beginning of a Journey!

Discussion in 'Starting Your Business' started by Kevin Lietz, Feb 17, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. Kevin Lietz

Kevin Lietz Active Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Male
    Revolution Floor Care
    Ogden, UT
    Ratings:
    +152 / 1 / -0
    Well... All of the months of planning and getting organized are finally hitting the pavement this weekend, both physically and metaphorically. With funding now secured, business license in place, and Revolution Cleaning now semi-officially operational, my wife and kids and I are taking a brief road trip to So. Cal. to pick up our truck!

We'll have a week back at home, only to head back out on the road to AZ for a week of training with a family friend. Then when we get back into town, it's doors open for our official launch on March 6. I'm beyond excited!

For everyone that has been helping/giving advice over the last few months since i started posted, y'all are awesome! I'm so grateful to have found such a great group of mentors and collegues as the TMF family. You will be a continued resource I'm sure as we hobble our way through our first year and solidify our market position. I'll of course keep everyone posted on our progress, starting with pictures of the new rig tomorrow! (I seriously can't sleep, I'm so excited - last time i was like this Final Fantasy 7 was releasing on PS1 and i was 15 ha ha ha)

Sent from my SM-G900P using TMF Forums mobile app

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. aloha one

aloha one Scrub a DUB DUB!

Feb 17, 2009
    Male
    Semi retired
    California
    Ratings:
    +21,757 / 106 / -0
    Congratulations Brother & Best of Luck to you!

• Like Like x 1
  3. LookNGood

LookNGood Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +3,101 / 14 / -0
    I know it's not your point but the ff7 remake is in the works and I feel like I'm 15 again. I have been waiting far too long for it

Congrats on the biz also

4. OldCarpetVet

OldCarpetVet Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2014
    Male
    F.A.R.T. = Fabric Analyst & Restoration Technician
    Florida
    Ratings:
    +4,555 / 7 / -0
    It is exciting, isn't it? I wish you the best of luck and much success.

You can accomplish ANYTHING if you put your mind to it. (y)

5. Kevin Lietz

Dec 9, 2016
    Male
    Revolution Floor Care
    Ogden, UT
    Ratings:
    +152 / 1 / -0
    Totally agree with you on the remake. The brutal and shocking murder of Aerith in the original still haunts me lol - completely destroyed my innocence as a teenager (or at least what was left of it ha)

6. Kevin Lietz

Dec 9, 2016
    Male
    Revolution Floor Care
    Ogden, UT
    Ratings:
    +152 / 1 / -0
    Thanks for the kind words!

@OldCarpetVet I have to ask... what plane is that in your picture?

7. OldCarpetVet

Nov 2, 2014
    Male
    Florida
    Ratings:
    +4,555 / 7 / -0
  8. Kevin Lietz

Dec 9, 2016
    Male
    Revolution Floor Care
    Ogden, UT
    Ratings:
    +152 / 1 / -0
    That's what I thought, but I wasn't quite sure. JEALOUS!!!!! I will worship the ground you walk on if you tell me you own that beast!

I lived in Wisconsin for a while and got a chance to check out the B-17 they have at EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh... Not the BUFF that it's successor is (you can't beat the 52), but it's a sweet sight to see...

Love those older planes!

9. OldCarpetVet

Nov 2, 2014
    Male
    Florida
    Ratings:
    +4,555 / 7 / -0

I OWN IT! Start worshipping. :D

Seriously and sadly, I do not own it. Wish I did. My son took that picture at one of the many air shows I go to. The P-51 was my favorite WW II fighter plane and the B-17 my favorite bomber of WW II.

As for my all time favorite plane ever......why, the SR 71 of course. The only sub-orbital plane in the world.

Simply BADASS!

[​IMG]

AIM HIGH! FLY! FIGHT! WIN! GO AIR FORCE!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Scott W

Scott W Preferred Vendor
    Premium VIP

Feb 14, 2006
    Technical support Bridgepoint
    West Jordan, UT
    Ratings:
    +10,269 / 11 / -1
    Kevin, you are close to our office and manufacturing plant near Salt Lake (Murray UT for the locals). Stop in some time and I will give you a tour of manufacturing, mixing, bottling plants and the warehouse. Just let me know when you are coming to be sure I am not in a meeting. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. LookNGood

LookNGood Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +3,101 / 14 / -0
    Do this asap. Scott is not only a nice guy he is one of the most overall knowledgeable guys you will find in the industry.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Kevin Lietz

Dec 9, 2016
    Male
    Revolution Floor Care
    Ogden, UT
    Ratings:
    +152 / 1 / -0
    Absolutely will do Scott. I'll check in with you in the next day or two to set up a time

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kevin Lietz

Dec 9, 2016
    Male
    Revolution Floor Care
    Ogden, UT
    Ratings:
    +152 / 1 / -0
    Well... We made it home! That was a fun trip with my wife and three kids to Califor nia. (Sarcasm)

Now come the fun of inventorying the massive amount of stuff i have, figuring out what I need, plus having the truck serviced, wrapped, website built out, logos and shirts made, business cards, and flyers. Not to mention 800 other things that I can't even think of cause my heads going to explode. . .

Life just got real lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mama Fen

Mama Fen Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Female
    Supply/distribution
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +2,502 / 0 / -0
    Best thing about those little guys was the horrifying, shrieking whistle they made. They have a small flock of them at Monroe Air Field once a year, and it's incredible to hear (they also have some Zeroes there, but that's another story, lol). IIRC, after they decimated the Luftwaffe, a German official was quoted as saying he knew it was all over when he heard Mustangs over Berlin.

Kevin, if you've got a chance to meet face to face with Scott, DO IT DO IT DO IT. Like, right now. He will help you settle into your new business without losing your noggin.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Kevin Lietz

Dec 9, 2016
    Male
    Revolution Floor Care
    Ogden, UT
    Ratings:
    +152 / 1 / -0
    Ha ha no worries mama... Scott will have his brain picked by yours truly by the end of the week. :-D

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kevin Lietz

Dec 9, 2016
    Male
    Revolution Floor Care
    Ogden, UT
    Ratings:
    +152 / 1 / -0
    So now that we are back from the trip to CA, its time to start the lovely task of inventorying and findinf out what else i need. So... time for a photo op!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kevin Lietz

Dec 9, 2016
    Male
    Revolution Floor Care
    Ogden, UT
    Ratings:
    +152 / 1 / -0
    Update! It took a while to get everything in place (still working out a LOT of kinks), but we opened our doors officially on Saturday, with our first paying customer on Friday... and let me tell ya... it was a doosy. Pet stains everywhere. (I will never complain about my little dog peeing on the carpet every again... and I may never own my dream dog - a Huskie - after seeing what big dogs can do to carpet).... It took FOREVER, and I felt like I could have done a lot better on the stains, but it's one of those things that will come with experience.

Overall, I felt like I was very critical of my own work (likley a good thing), and left this trashed out a little disappointed BUT a few hours later the renter messaged me back and said this:

"I really appreciate the time you spent on the carpets and the willingness to come back if we have any issues (the renter was moving so I let them know to let me know if the landlord had any issues... they needed the deposit back for their moving costs.) You did a great job, I will be recommending you to my family... You do amazing work..."

Not going to lie... I was almost in tears. :-D

Also had a commercial l account that I did on Saturday with my new Bonzer... love love love it, but again I'm critical of myself... I feel like CGD really doesn't SHOW the work as well as residential. Customer was happy, so maybe I need to lower my own expectations lol...

MEANWHILE, my awesome wife decided to take a trail run on posting an ad on Facebook, in one of the groups she is in. Since we were officially open for business, we'd take a stab on the marketing style we learned in AZ. HOLY COW!

First off... unless you plan on being on FB booking jobs all weekend... don't post on a Friday afternoon...

Second off, for anyone who is debating whether it works to get into this business... We've book... in the last 48 hours, over $2500 in business... and that's with me having an EASY schedule the next two weeks.

I couldn't be more happy right now! EEEEEK!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff Member Moderator Premium VIP

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    texas
    Ratings:
    +18,687 / 84 / -0
    Congrats, sounds like things are moving along nicely.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  19. OldCarpetVet

Nov 2, 2014
    Male
    Florida
    Ratings:
    +4,555 / 7 / -0

That is just awesome news. I'm so happy for you. Congrats and keep it up, Kevin. (y) (y) (y)

20. Scott W

Scott W Preferred Vendor
    Premium VIP

Feb 14, 2006
    Technical support Bridgepoint
    West Jordan, UT
    Ratings:
    +10,269 / 11 / -1
    Way to go, Kevin!