Revive and prosgrade Citrus solvent

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dave40

Dec 28, 2010
canada
Real Name
david jones
Business Location
United States
Good day guys I tried these two products a couple weeks back on a piece of furniture follow the instruction I played it with a pump up sprayer 32 ounce of water which is a quarter of a gallon so I put 3 ounce or revive did not seem to do the job though you’re well I like to know if some of you guys have any amazing success I’m sure it’s a good product and I will try it again And also I’d like to put some pros grade citrus solvents so what’s your story with these two products for cleaning upholstery what we do the magic what would make it work because you all know once were there in the field we got to do it right the first time

dave40

Dec 28, 2010
canada
Real Name
david jones
Business Location
United States
IMG_2133.JPG

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I sometimes boost my upholstery prespray with a citrus solvent for extra oil cutting or I may just mix some upholstery prespray up in a trigger sprayer with some boosted citrus to hit the bad areas like arms and head rest and use the regular mix on the rest. I mainly use my electric sprayer for upholstery with an 02 jet for quick and even coverage.

After you sprayed your prespray on the upholstery did you take a horse hair brush or some other means to agitate the bad areas? Also, I like to treat and agitate all areas first then do the easiest areas to give the worse areas more dwell time. Rob says that Revive is pretty strong stuff so perhaps you failed in some other area. I haven't tried the Revive, but that along with boosting with citrus when needed should do most upholstery satisfactorily. I believe the Revive even has citrus terpenes in it so technically it shouldn't need boosted with more citrus, but I'd have to use it myself to figure that out. Here's @rob allen video on it so maybe he can comment on this.

dave40

Dec 28, 2010
canada
Real Name
david jones
Business Location
United States
Yes I’ve seen Rob’s video before but thanks for your advice I will just try to revive one more time tomorrow morning at my first customer and I will go with 3 ounce of revive to 32 oz of water Do you think it matter if the water is warm hot or if it’s cold does it make a difference

BigPapa

Apr 11, 2013
Real Name
Dan Ziegler
Revive has not impressed me...(and I wish I could say different)...Rob ( I have learned ) could sell ice cubes to Eskimos....his passion might exceed this product...( because his Grout Master rules...but that said...I feel his heart is in the right place...This game they call " chemical production "...is a money maker...No won bats 300 all the time, but just step up Rob...and say...You know what....Revive has been good, but we are working to make it better...This gives you a way out of just plain " bull shit "...lol

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Revive has not impressed me...(and I wish I could say different)...Rob ( I have learned ) could sell ice cubes to Eskimos....his passion might exceed this product...( because his Grout Master rules...but that said...I feel his heart is in the right place...This game they call " chemical production "...is a money maker...No won bats 300 all the time, but just step up Rob...and say...You know what....Revive has been good, but we are working to make it better...This gives you a way out of just plain " bull shit "...lol
Actually we sell a ton of it and we use it on all our trucks for last 10 years. The reviews are raving but you can't satisfy everyone of course. Revive has special blend of powerful neutral surfactants and citrus solvents added. I personally have never boosted it. Of course I used it mainly on all furniture before micro fiber being out field for almost a decade. If I cleaned today I would use 4-12oz per g on delicates depending on soil levels. But on micro fiber I'd add 4oz of CS per g. But really I recommend using RSF Free and Clear or Bio Pro or RSF Spiked on it since it is basically polyester.

And all BS aside, who the hell is "won"? :cool:

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Have to say to the OP that 3oz. isn’t much in a 32oz. sprayer no matter what product you’re using as far as upholstery cleaners go .
Hell , when doing VCT wax repairs I use more floor stripper than that in that size container. We use microfiber towels , mops because the split fibers trap soil so well . Think of how much body oil , dead skin and “ other things “ that upholstery has absorbed . Haven’t used the product but you really need to try using a little more . JMHO .
All the Best , Ed

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Agree Ed. I adjust mixture according to the type of soil, level of soil and strength of fiber.

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Yes sir . Trial and error . A bit of experience with a product and doing upholstery goes a long way . Some pieces are so bad you do have to give the mix a “ bump “ . People just don’t get their furniture done often enough which makes it tough for us cleaners .
All the Best , Ed

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Good day guys I tried these two products a couple weeks back on a piece of furniture follow the instruction I played it with a pump up sprayer 32 ounce of water which is a quarter of a gallon so I put 3 ounce or revive did not seem to do the job though you’re well I like to know if some of you guys have any amazing success I’m sure it’s a good product and I will try it again And also I’d like to put some pros grade citrus solvents so what’s your story with these two products for cleaning upholstery what we do the magic what would make it work because you all know once were there in the field we got to do it right the first time
What fabric were you cleaning? How heavily soiled?

Post some pictures.

BigPapa

Apr 11, 2013
Real Name
Dan Ziegler
I think I have mixed it to strong...I get suds when I dump...Keep pushing on Rob ( like I need to tell you that...lol )...I'm an Eskimo...and I seem to buy every ice cube you sell...lol

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
knowing what you are cleaning soils and fabrics is essential to get the results you want and to judge any product. some upholstery cleaning training always comes in handy.

no sds available no way to read the label to at least have an idea what the product is. Call Rob at the store and have them guide you on how to use it properly.

Last edited:

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Rob hasn't sent me any revive yet, but rug smack kicks ass on furniture

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Yes sir . Trial and error . A bit of experience with a product and doing upholstery goes a long way . Some pieces are so bad you do have to give the mix a “ bump “ . People just don’t get their furniture done often enough which makes it tough for us cleaners .
All the Best , Ed
excellent, yes we need to push them to do it more often, twice a year

dave40

Dec 28, 2010
canada
Real Name
david jones
Business Location
United States
Job canceled next one Todd I will but will need quick response thanks

BigPapa

Apr 11, 2013
Real Name
Dan Ziegler
Rob hasn't sent me any revive yet, but rug smack kicks ass on furniture
Really...That interest me...I got to tell you dude ( is that old saying )...lol
I resect what you say...You have walked more miles ( in you age )....Than I have.
So let me ask you...What of Robs chemicals would you order...Today...Funiture....Wool area rugs...Rat nasty...Revive smells great, but just didn't do it for me anyway...It was a micro-fiber nasty one.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Really...That interest me...I got to tell you dude ( is that old saying )...lol
I resect what you say...You have walked more miles ( in you age )....Than I have.
So let me ask you...What of Robs chemicals would you order...Today...Funiture....Wool area rugs...Rat nasty...Revive smells great, but just didn't do it for me anyway...It was a micro-fiber nasty one.
I would try revive gladly, but I buy most of his chems and they have proven to be superior chems.
What of robs chems have you tried.

dave40

Dec 28, 2010
canada
Real Name
david jones
Business Location
United States
Kick acid grout master bio pro 10 K revive citrus solvent pros gread