Revised Mytee 8400M Dry Upholstery Tool | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Revised Mytee 8400M Dry Upholstery Tool

digital808

Mar 23, 2020
Real Name
Sean Oshiro
Any thoughts on this tool. It recently received an upgrade as the bottom of the tool is now metal. I have a Mytee HP60 and have been eyeing this tool for awhile. I see many good uses for this tool in the auto detailing world, but my concern is the clear top cracking due to the heated water that the HP60 produces and also being that it's a constant flow of water, my concern is that the inline heater won't be able to keep up with the heating of the water. For $400, I'm hoping it last for years.....especially the clear top. I really love the clear top because of the fact that it makes for great videos to post on my IG detailing page.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I don't own this exact tool, but I do have a couple of thoughts that might help. First, I don't think that clear head should be a problem. My guess is you would almost have to break it with a hammer on purpose or run over it to break it. It also can be replaced fairly easily from the looks of it if it should break or get worn out. The recirculating feature of the tool might not work too well with a small auto detail extractor because your recovery waste tank will fill fast. However, that little heater should have no problem giving you really hot water at the tool because it's only going a very short distance. I have a similar extractor with I think the same watt heater and it really gets that water very hot. In other words, I personally don't think you will need to recirculate water unless you lay the tool down for a while and the water in the line gets a little cooled off. Perhaps someone who has the actual tool can be of more help. Btw, if you did try to use the recirculating I think you are right. The inline heater would not keep up and your waste tank will fill twice as fast.

What I would likely do with that tool and machine is to let the machine get heated and just open the recirculation on the tool just long enough to get the water hot at the tool which should be seconds. Then close it and get to work.

Reactions: digital808

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Any thoughts on this tool. It recently received an upgrade as the bottom of the tool is now metal. I have a Mytee HP60 and have been eyeing this tool for awhile. I see many good uses for this tool in the auto detailing world, but my concern is the clear top cracking due to the heated water that the HP60 produces and also being that it's a constant flow of water, my concern is that the inline heater won't be able to keep up with the heating of the water. For $400, I'm hoping it last for years.....especially the clear top. I really love the clear top because of the fact that it makes for great videos to post on my IG detailing page.
Look into a sapphire scientific or a rotovac shear dry. They both come in clear head and imo much superior quality.

The rotovac is a step up from the mytee

The sapphire is a huge step up from both and by far the best made.

digital808

Mar 23, 2020
Real Name
Sean Oshiro
How would I go about connecting to the Mytee extractor would be my next question.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
How would I go about connecting to the Mytee extractor would be my next question.
You might want to contact Mytee about that. You may need an adapter. Some smaller extractors use different quick connects and smaller vacuum hose connects. I'd make sure it's a good choice before you buy it. Also, smaller extractors generally have lower psi pumps so I don't know how well that tool would work with the small detail extractor you have. I think it's best you call them about this so they can advise you.

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
Love the MyteeDry
Except it was the clear plastic half that would break the lugs with the captured thread inserts off
So the 2 half’s couldn’t be screwed together
And the metal glide has sharp AF edges
Can slice up upholstery and mow off/shave velvet fibres etc

However the myteedry ergonomics are best tool on market, feels best to use
The Flow control valve kicks ass and is better than sapphire pro setup
Having said that with some tape to hold the halves together it still performs/feels the best

BUT
Sapphire Upholstery Pro wins because:
the sapphire plastic/Teflon glide (biggest advantage) non damaging
And the fact you don’t have to duct tape it together, much better build quality
Sapphire flow control remote setup sucks compared to myteedry flow knob on the tool

Also the fact they the sapphire has a trigger than can be locked on or used as a trigger is better than the myteedry you only have the flow control knob
Better for use with truckmount AND porty
(But I don’t like how they have it designed haha)
The continuous flow would suck with a porty-swallow too much water-unless you have auto pump out of course

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
A lot of misinformation in this thread. The new improve MyteeDry Upholstery tool is a very good tool and now is the only metallic continuous flow tool. These are not recycle tools as someone mentioned earlier. The hose also has a ball valve shut off. The tool is ergonomically very comfortable. As it doesn’t have a long nose like the other tools mentioned. Thus it’s much easier on the wrist. It also minimizes carpet tunnel syndrome as it operates with the valve lever. The clear lid no longer has the brass inserts which were prone to breakage. All in all it’s a great tool.

digital808

Mar 23, 2020
Real Name
Sean Oshiro
A lot of misinformation in this thread. The new improve MyteeDry Upholstery tool is a very good tool and now is the only metallic continuous flow tool. These are not recycle tools as someone mentioned earlier. The hose also has a ball valve shut off. The tool is ergonomically very comfortable. As it doesn’t have a long nose like the other tools mentioned. Thus it’s much easier on the wrist. It also minimizes carpet tunnel syndrome as it operates with the valve lever. The clear lid no longer has the brass inserts which were prone to breakage. All in all it’s a great tool.
I hope so. Placed an order for it through your website. Only problem I have, estimated ship date is between Nov 15-30 due to Covid-19. That's a long wait.

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey

Hey John
I LOOOVE my Mytee dry and
Performance wise it’s the best, easiest on your hand/wrist upholstery tool to use!
EXCEPT
My Myteedry It is duct taped together because of the breakage issues you agree, the design was bad and they “previously prone to breakage-fell apart”
Does the steel glide still stick out and leave sharp edges?

Also like my Mytee Bentley Swivel, which has also fallen apart, the bearing fails due to non hardened bearing surfaces, and no seal to stop the lubricant being sucked from the swivel making wear of the non hardened surface in the bearing wear even faster.....the small tabs holding the jet manifold t the plenum are prone to breakage, cable ties fix that easy enough!!
You also agreed in previous conversations this was bad design/engineering on your part.

You also haven’t sent replacement “new design” swivel bearing as per our conversations

Want to send me a new Myteedry
I’ll send you my old one
And I’ll give you an honest review

I will do the same with your new Bentley Pro if you have the guts to back yourself and your products?

I love both my MyteeDry and my Bentley Swivel. Tye Bentley swivel kicks ass on all carpet. Can’t be beat on CGD!! Doesn’t chew out on tack strips either like a Teflon glide
They still work but are held together with duct tape and cable ties....when they should still hold together on their own....

lamesalegend

Apr 9, 2012
CA
Real Name
L. Dante Davis Jr.
Business Location
United States
I miss my my Mytee Dry. Loved the tool. But it broke three times. Always at the same place. the brass plastic junction. I live here in San Diego near where the factory is, went to buy a replacement head and they gave me a new head at no charge. Glad to hear the head has been redesigned. Between the head issues and the little rubber spray bar not lining up, it just became a pain. I got mad at it on a job an decided it wasn't worth continuing to give it a chance. It was the best cleaning tool I've used for upholstery, also the least durable. If the problems have been fixed, both the head and the spray bar ill buy another, but ill wait for others to try

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
Hey John
I LOOOVE my Mytee dry and
Performance wise it’s the best, easiest on your hand/wrist upholstery tool to use!
EXCEPT
My Myteedry It is duct taped together because of the breakage issues you agree, the design was bad and they “previously prone to breakage-fell apart”
Does the steel glide still stick out and leave sharp edges?

Also like my Mytee Bentley Swivel, which has also fallen apart, the bearing fails due to non hardened bearing surfaces, and no seal to stop the lubricant being sucked from the swivel making wear of the non hardened surface in the bearing wear even faster.....the small tabs holding the jet manifold t the plenum are prone to breakage, cable ties fix that easy enough!!
You also agreed in previous conversations this was bad design/engineering on your part.

You also haven’t sent replacement “new design” swivel bearing as per our conversations

Want to send me a new Myteedry
I’ll send you my old one
And I’ll give you an honest review

I will do the same with your new Bentley Pro if you have the guts to back yourself and your products?

I love both my MyteeDry and my Bentley Swivel. Tye Bentley swivel kicks ass on all carpet. Can’t be beat on CGD!! Doesn’t chew out on tack strips either like a Teflon glide
They still work but are held together with duct tape and cable ties....when they should still hold together on their own....

@John LaBarbera

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
I miss my my Mytee Dry. Loved the tool. But it broke three times. Always at the same place. the brass plastic junction. I live here in San Diego near where the factory is, went to buy a replacement head and they gave me a new head at no charge. Glad to hear the head has been redesigned. Between the head issues and the little rubber spray bar not lining up, it just became a pain. I got mad at it on a job an decided it wasn't worth continuing to give it a chance. It was the best cleaning tool I've used for upholstery, also the least durable. If the problems have been fixed, both the head and the spray bar ill buy another, but ill wait for others to try

You live in San Diego? Come in I’ll fix you up. Bring the broken tool.