Review my notice to raise rates please

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 9, 2017
Real Name
stephanie barber
Here's what I have in my notice to raise rates. Please review and provide feedback.

Thanks

Hello!

As the owner of G.C.S I am reaching out to each of my clients to extend our sincerest gratitude for having the opportunity to partner with your company this past year. We truly appreciate your business and we hope to continue servicing your properties.

Its that time of year and while most business owners understand rate increases are an unavoidable part of doing business it’s never a comfortable topic to discuss. And, while I’d prefer to maintain our current rates for another year, I find that we must implement an increase to ensure the cost of doing business is met. Rest assured that GCS will continue to offer services at the most affordable-competitive rates possible. Effective May 18, 2018 our rates will increase. Please see pg 2 for specific rate details regarding your account.

I value each and everyone of you and I'd like you to know that without your partnership our business wouldn't be where it is today. I attribute our success to our loyal customers and dedicated hard working employee's. If you have questions or concerns about this increase, please give me a call or email me.

....What do you think?

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
www.magicwandcolorado.com
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States
Hey it sounds good overall. I might reword some things but there are a few spelling corrections that need to be made no matter what:

comma after G.C.S
It's that time of year (apostrophe for contraction of it and is)
each and every one of you (space between every and one in this case)
hard working employees. (no possessive form of employees... plural form is without apostrophe)

Also you refer to your company with periods between the letters in paragraph 1 and then use no periods in paragraph 2... it should be one way or the other. G.C.S. vs GCS - Maybe even consider spelling it out.

Jul 9, 2017
Real Name
stephanie barber
Hey it sounds good overall. I might reword some things but there are a few spelling corrections that need to be made no matter what:

comma after G.C.S
hard working employees. (no possessive form of employees... plural form is without apostrophe)

Also you refer to your company with periods between the letters in paragraph 1 and then use no periods in paragraph 2... it should be one way or the other. G.C.S. vs GCS - Maybe even consider spelling it out.

Thank You! I was never to great with punctuation marks :( glad you seen them though :)

Jul 9, 2017
Real Name
stephanie barber

comma after G.C.S

I love to see how the area's that you'd change, please :)

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States
I put this together in a few minutes... let me know what you think. If you have a spreadsheet with all your clients' names, your computer can print off a unique letter for each client with their name printed on it instead of "Valued Client". I changed it a bit to make the letter sound a little more personal..

Dear Valued Client,

As the owner of General Cleaning Solutions, I want to extend my sincerest gratitude for having the opportunity to partner with your company this past year. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to continuing to service your property for many years to come and to help make it look its absolute best possible with our top of the line professional cleaning services.

We are committed to continuing to serve our clients with the best services possible, and to maintain this level of quality we must review our contracts from time to time as our company faces increased costs of doing business that require us to adjust our rates to match market forces and inflation. So, we are reaching out to all of our clients with updated rates going forward. Please see the following page for the specific details regarding your account.

I value your business very much and I'd like you to know that without your partnership, our business wouldn't be where it is today. I attribute our success to loyal customers like you and of course our dedicated hard working employees who look forward to taking good care of your property again soon. If you have questions or concerns about this rate update, please give me a call or send me an email!

Enjoy a fantastic day and enjoy this beautiful spring weather!

Grateful for your business,
General Cleaning Solutions

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Sounds good. Some of our accounts are smaller companies that I really prefer to talk to in person. If they don't know you and your individual face, they just know you as their cleaning company. Then it's very easy for them to find fault, or to look for a better rate. If you communicate in person it gives them a better chance to Express their concerns or areas you could improve on. It also gives you a chance to see how they feel about the increase. If you just send a letter, they might go ahead with it for a few months, while getting other bids behind your back because they arnt really happy. On the other hand, they might express that they are ok with it and expect it from time to time.
Some businesses work through emails, some don't. Communication is an absolute key to a successful janitorial business.

Jul 9, 2017
Real Name
stephanie barber
Absolutely LOVE IT! Thank you

One thing though, we're in Missouri aka Misery where mother nature has bipolar disorder. Lol :) Friday it was nice, breezy and warm. Saturday it was raining and cold. Today it was snowing lol

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States
Absolutely LOVE IT! Thank you

One thing though, we're in Missouri aka Misery where mother nature has bipolar disorder. Lol :) Friday it was nice, breezy and warm. Saturday it was raining and cold. Today it was snowing lol
Lol well might need some changes then. If you notice I never use the word increase in regards to their price... also mention high quality several times. You want to be working on their subconscious mind while they're reading.

Jul 9, 2017
Real Name
stephanie barber
Sounds good. Some of our accounts are smaller companies that I really prefer to talk to in person. If they don't know you and your individual face, they just know you as their cleaning company. Then it's very easy for them to find fault, or to look for a better rate. If you communicate in person it gives them a better chance to Express their concerns or areas you could improve on. It also gives you a chance to see how they feel about the increase. If you just send a letter, they might go ahead with it for a few months, while getting other bids behind your back because they arnt really happy. On the other hand, they might express that they are ok with it and expect it from time to time.
Some businesses work through emails, some don't. Communication is an absolute key to a successful janitorial business.

So far all my clients prefer email communication but they do know my face because I'm at everyone of my clients buildings every day. Well Mon-Friday. I make myself known as I believe its very important to be apart of any contract I take on and so far this has worked out. If my clients are pushed away by an increase even though they should expect it from time to time then we just were not meant to be :) or so that's what I'm thinking. For future reference though I will definitely keep this in mind for new clients :) Thank you for your feedback

Jul 9, 2017
Real Name
stephanie barber

comma after G.C.S

Can I ask you since your in a similar business what factors do you consider when increasing your rates in this industry?

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States
Can I ask you since your in a similar business what factors do you consider when increasing your rates in this industry?
I consider the perceived value in the client's eye. Also, I just try to get a feel for how the clients feel about the prices and you can start to feel when they think you're too expensive. You want to be just a tick above what they think is the most they'd pay for a given service, in my opinion.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
I think it's a little long winded. Short and sweet with info.
As a customer I would want to know how much increase.

Dear X,
Thank you for your business, we really appreciate it.

Due to increased costs we are going to adjust our pricing by 3% (5% whatever).

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, and again, thank you for your business.

Sincerely...