Returning to Cleaning; how to upgrade my portable?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Why dont you try a dry run on your portable.....
Turn your pump down to 200-400psi....
Use robs chems....easy to rinse......
Special formula. And. Grout cleaner
Unfortunately, from what the OP has told us, the "carpet" side of his 1200 only goes to 150 psi. So he doesn't have that option. He could always flip it to the 1200 psi setting and run through the house with the wand, lol...!

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Not gonna work for carpet 150psi not enough
Who made this portable like that???????
Are they dumb are just eat stupid for brekfast?????

Jan 9, 2018
Central Arkansas
Real Name
Cody Davidson
Unfortunately, from what the OP has told us, the "carpet" side of his 1200 only goes to 150 psi. So he doesn't have that option. He could always flip it to the 1200 psi setting and run through the house with the wand, lol...!
I “can” tune down the 1200 psi pump, but then I can’t run the heat. But like MamaFen said; a bucket heater and/or hot water tap will help.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
I “can” tune down the 1200 psi pump, but then I can’t run the heat. But like MamaFen said; a bucket heater and/or hot water tap will help.
So to clarify you can turn the psi down to any level between 150-1200psi
Or you only have 2 settings??????
1. 150 psi
2. 1200 psi

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
If your unit will support full regulation, then try cleaning at 250-400 psi with bucket-heated water. If it's all or nothing, lol, then 150 with good heat will still work beautifully with the right touch.

Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I agree with mamafen. Turn down your pump. Nevermind the heater. Most portable users dont use electric heat either. Use homeowners hot water or use bucket heaters if need be. Your vacuum (if single motor) i would address though. If you got the cash get a vac booster. Jets... not more then 4 flow combined. Youll over wet carpet with single vac. Dry pass, dry pass, dry pass, dry pass. If useing 175 for scrubbing?. Use bonnet after extaction. Big loopy ones will work. Jon don got them on the shelf. It will remove more soil and help speed ip drying. Turn on fans. Yours, theirs, heater, ac all will help you.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Another option would be this. I have this 300 adjustable psi portable pump, I can bring the bucket under the sink and plug and play.

Attachments

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
A portable with a single 2 stage vac is a mickey mouse. Go to your local carpet cleaning store and put that on sale and buy a decent used portable with dual 3 stage in parallel with 500 psi and no heat, then start to work, because what you have right now is that it will be an intense labor with more wand passes will wear you off sooner. Forget about that, been there done that. You need more suction and more pressure to have less intense labor, and of course don't forget to add the pre vac on all the jobs and pre agitation on the filthy carpets.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
There was a company on this board or another carpet board that had a portable made on a dolly....
Looked like it was made specific for apts or trqnsporting all equipment in 1 dolly.......
But I dont know the name of those guys...

When your doing 6-8'apts. a day every advantage to save time on setup helps.....

Jan 9, 2018
Central Arkansas
Real Name
Cody Davidson
There was a company on this board or another carpet board that had a portable made on a dolly....
Looked like it was made specific for apts or trqnsporting all equipment in 1 dolly.......

When your doing 6-8'apts. a day every advantage to save time on setup helps.....
I think you’re talking about Namco/

I like the look; although I’m probably alone in that.

Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States

I remember that. It had hose reals on it and everything.

Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States

I think you’re talking about Namco/

I like the look; although I’m probably alone in that.
Its a good base machine. I like the shell. Look into @Jim Davisson in search bar. He has them pretty well set up. Theres alot of room in that vac compartment. I like the fact that you can get to its mechanicals without draining it. Just take cover off the front. If you get one. Check the models before doing so.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
The Scooter Jr is a great shell and can be a great machine with mods, off the shelf it's pedestrian. I have run one for 25 years and wouldn't think of not having one on the van everyday. It's a very worthy stand alone portable when upgraded, a TM booster for super long hose runs, fantastic for upholstery and my vacuum (that stays on the truck) using a Turbocat turbine and the 2" hose I've already strung out.

Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
No namcos not it
It was around 4000$ and had everything on a dolly...
Seemed like a good setup
I know. Vacs were built into belly of cart. Solution hose reel mounted to it. It looked like a appliance hand truck laid down.

Jan 9, 2018
Central Arkansas
Real Name
Cody Davidson
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
No namcos not it
It was around 4000$ and had everything on a dolly...
Seemed like a good setup
I know. Vacs were built into belly of cart. Solution hose reel mounted to it. It looked like a appliance hand truck laid down.
this maybe?
Nah. It literally looked like a hand truck lol. Im trying to find it now. They only had like one model of it. I stumbled across it while searching how to modify portables years ago.

Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I cant find it. You wouldnt want it anyways. It was a big mofo. Would be nice if you were mainly commercial. Scooter is a good option. Ide get it used though. And mod it like Jim and others have.
I agree though if yours has only single vac?. That thing will leave you not wanting to do this. Put it up for sale ebay craigslist. And pick up a better machine.