Retirement?!?!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 23, 2013
NC
www.yourtrueclean.com
Real Name
Robert
Hey guys, what are you doing to prepare for retirement? Do you put a monthly % away into savings? A solo 401k? Plan on selling the business? or do you just don't think about it.

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
Hey guys, what are you doing to prepare for retirement? Do you put a monthly % away into savings? A solo 401k? Plan on selling the business? or do you just don't think about it.
Unfortunately, I think most simply don't think about it.

You should be stashing money away, but you should mostly be making alternative investments that give you more passive income. Real estate is one investment, this needs care and attention but it is not a full time job by any means. It allows you to build equity while maintaining an income. Which is much better than just putting money in the bank, which will make you almost no money.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
At the moment all my profits pay the bills and get my wife through school but as I build more income I plan on setting a percentage of profits aside for retirement. Maybe 10% at least to start and increasing it as I build the company.

True Pro

Jan 21, 2014
MA.
Real Name
Gilles LeBlanc
Business Location
United States
Start saving as much as you can as early as you can. Compound interest is your friend. You can never retire with too much money. I'm 54 and I started saving at 18. I sacrificed on some things but I do not regret it one bit.

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
I've put most of my money back into my businesses. I do have a SEP that is doing well and I own a few pieces of real estate. I don't plan on retiring (exactly) but I do hope to spend a little more time goofing off. :)

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
We paid $200 per month for my husband's mutual fund with USAA. My Grandfather manages all our retirement accounts - all the grandchildren strive to retire like my grandparents. If you were in the military I highly recommend looking into USAA retirement plan. These past 15 years we've put away a nest egg that we won't/can't touch until we're 65 (32 more years!!!). The least amount you can put in is $50 per month. I started out doing international stock higher risk greater gain. As I get closer to retirement I slow change over to something more secure.

It isn't easy... Matter of a fact it is hard... But the rewards of living comfortably once retirement hits is what I strive for...

Just a thought...

Good Luck!