Restaurants made easy with encap

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Jimmy L

Apr 16, 2012
Ne
Real Name
Jimmy Ladigwag
Business Location
United States
To make it simple, spray the encap/SHAMPOO and either scrub it in with brush machine or bonnet clean it with a rotary or op machine.
It's listed under the BONNET CLEANING or SHAMPOO methods.

No need to over think this.
Think also how a KIRBY vacuum salesman does his demo in your home.

Encapsulation is a new term for the shampoo method.
Some internet shampoo maker thought of using the term to increase sales. I don't believe in it actually encapsulating any soil. All it does is leave a DRY RESIDUE that doesn't attract dirt.

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
To make it simple, spray the encap/SHAMPOO and either scrub it in with brush machine or bonnet clean it with a rotary or op machine.
It's listed under the BONNET CLEANING or SHAMPOO methods.

No need to over think this.
Think also how a KIRBY vacuum salesman does his demo in your home.

Encapsulation is a new term for the shampoo method.
Some internet shampoo maker thought of using the term to increase sales. I don't believe in it actually encapsulating any soil. All it does is leave a DRY RESIDUE that doesn't attract dirt.
Oh boy. Here we go.

ebarnett

Jul 5, 2013
Morgantown, WV
www.UltraBrite.biz
Real Name
Eric Barnett
Im not a chemist, so I will not try and prove or defend the science behind it. I can tell you from experience that I have been successfully encapping/padcapping/shampooing/bonnet cleaning many places including restaurants with great success. One greasy buffet I padcap every two weeks. Been doing this for well over a year. No HWE. The carpets have continued to look great, and the restaurant couldn't be happier with the service.

Gregory Allen

Jul 4, 2013
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
So... The difference between PADCAP and ENDCAP is what? I use an encap solution and bonnet clean all the time, but I've never referred to it as PADCAPPING. Is there a real difference, or are the one and the same.

ebarnett

Jul 5, 2013
Morgantown, WV
www.UltraBrite.biz
Real Name
Eric Barnett
No as mentioned, straight encap is usually done with a cimex or other and a fiber pad where all solution is being left in the carpet to perform its "encap" responsibilities. Padcap uses absorbent bonnets to remove a good deal of the dirt and encap solution. What is left after padcapping will then encapsulate.

MPR

Mar 10, 2014
Illinois
Real Name
Mike Raimer
Business Location
United States
I do this restaurant roughly every 4 weeks. It is probably around 2000 sq ft. I do it by myself and it takes 3 hrs. I charge $350.

I have since refined my process to speed things up.

1. Vacuum
2. Scrub using the Cimex and fiber max pads (4 oz grease Hog, 5 oz Detonator per gallon)
3. Pad using the Orbot and Tuways. (No extra chemical used in Orbot)

Results have been great! Give it a try.
Understanding that this is an older post, what type of pads (I am assuming grey) are you using on the cimex and what benefit is the orbot and Tuways over a 175? Trying to decide if the Orbot is necessary. This is the same process that I have used recently, with exception to using encapuclean O2 as I have never tried the Detonator. Depending on cost, I may try it as the encapuclean is 10oz per gallon. @Ryankettering I would be interested in your response as well.

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
Understanding that this is an older post, what type of pads (I am assuming grey) are you using on the cimex and what benefit is the orbot and Tuways over a 175? Trying to decide if the Orbot is necessary. This is the same process that I have used recently, with exception to using encapuclean O2 as I have never tried the Detonator. Depending on cost, I may try it as the encapuclean is 10oz per gallon. @Ryankettering I would be interested in your response as well.
Orbot is an OP machine, it works different than a 175 which is a rotary machine.

this is how an OP works

Mytee has a new machine out that is similar to the orbot for a good price http://www.mytee.com/products/eco-17-orbital-encap-machine/#.V3mJcJMrKen

an op machine will generally be more aggressive, remove more dirt, dig deeper into the carpet, and work faster than a 175 will.

I do prefer the peroxide chems, and I like vacaway.. but the encapuclean 02 is good too. Damon at the encapstore.com has some good info about the differences in pads and encap cleaning methods.

hope that helps!

Jimmy L

Apr 16, 2012
Ne
Real Name
Jimmy Ladigwag
Business Location
United States
Yeah I used it quite a bit but the cost is high. Now I use Betco's FiberCap MP. Great scent , cheaper and my commercial says it looks better. It also crystallizes better.

Mr. Esteamy

Jul 9, 2011
California
www.esteamcarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Brian Kraut
Business Location
United States
We are just now getting serious about Encap . Been experimenting over the last 6 months with all the different products and trying to figure out the best combinations for different situations. Started out with all the excellent supply products , since we purchased a cimex threw them.The punch , Hydrox , Ds2 combo is great but the strong odor gets to you. Im currently experimenting with the vacaway and bonnit pro lines since they seem to be the most popular. Both seem to work really well but just not sure how to go about mixing and matching them all . It seems like they all have different chemistry so its hard to really compare them . The vacaway products are more expensive for sure but seem to have good dilution ratios and their spotters are the best. Bonnit pros omegazyme is getting decent results , I just dont know how we should mix in other products to address heavy traffic lanes and dark greasy spots or organic stains. I would really appreciate some input from some of you experienced VLM'rs .