Restaurants made easy with encap

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
Thanks Eric for the post. We're getting better at encapping and still learning the ropes. Our first test with our Cimex was on a restaurant that we clean every month. It didn't work as well as the HWE but I was impressed with the results none the less. We used Releasit with a HWE prespray and though it turned out real good. It actually took longer than our TM I think because of the grease. That and we have big TMs that we run between 500-600 psi on those nasty buggers. :)
Sometimes the TM is the only way to get done fast, for profit. I dont mind experimenting with the OP machine, 175 or crb but only when its on my time and I can afford to play around a bit. We did a restaurant a couple nights ago and just sprayed and extracted But, I did use my cyclo polisher and bar wipes with Hot Knife to do the seat backs, that worked really well, way better than I thught it would so I was very pleased with the whole job. Just two hours, 1 TM and one portable orbital.

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
Also I was thinking, my encapuclean O2 says it can be used as a rinse. So technically couldn't I pre spray with any regular pre-spray and agitate, then follow up with the encap and bonnet extract? And this shouldn't leave any residue. (I am going to assume most if not all encaps can be used as a rinse, but might be wrong) It sounds like that is basically what was going on in this thread. And I don't see anything wrong with it to be honest. Because I just did a CGD with HWE and it felt like I wasn't even vacuuming anything because it was so matted down. I feel like encap would have been a better choice, even though it seemed pretty soiled. I might actually follow up with encap tomorrow or the next day if the custy wants
I think the foam in the encps will kill you using them as HWE .

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
Can I run bonnet pro pads under the orbot with Velcro drive plate? I would like a pad that might clean up better and not knot up like my superzorb pads. This would be on res pile carpet.

ebarnett

Jul 5, 2013
Morgantown, WV
www.UltraBrite.biz
Real Name
Eric Barnett
Can I run bonnet pro pads under the orbot with Velcro drive plate? I would like a pad that might clean up better and not knot up like my superzorb pads. This would be on res pile carpet.
Should be able to. John at Bonnet Pro would know for sure. If you don't have the Dura Grip from excellent supply, you should look into it. Much better for running pads under the Orbot. It replaces the Velcro strips.

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
You might be able to use the blended pads from BonnetPro, I am not sure the woolpys would go well under velcro. Just a guess though. I am surprised the superzorbs chew up though.

Nov 26, 2008
liverpool ny
www.exclusivecleaningconcepts.com
Real Name
scott segreti
Restaurants grease has been a problem for encap since the beginning as most encappers can attest. For me, my results were always "just ok" when it came to encapping restaurants. It was frustrating to get the "wow" effect in most other commercial accounts only to be underwhelmed in a grease spoon. As a result I went on a search and tried many different things to get better results.

My breakthrough was to do a 1. light pre spray with a carpet degreaser. 2. Hot knife (double strength) with the Cimex. 3. Pad cap with my Orbot and Tuways. - my results improved drastically....however....I did not like the idea of using a non encap pre spray to cut the grease. I hoped that the Hot Knife would also encapsulate the pre spray but I was never certain.

I ordered more Hot Knife Extreme from Vacaway and also some Detonator. With my order came a sample of their new Grease Hog - a high PH encap pre spray designed specifically for grease. I used it last night on a very greasy Japanese steakhouse and here is what I found:

First I mixed my pre spray 4 oz per gallon Grease Hog and spiked it with 5 oz per gallon Detonator. In my Cimex I used 4 oz per gallon HKE and spiked it with 5 oz per gallon Detonator. Here are a couple shots: View attachment 31041 View attachment 31042

I found out that the Grease Hog cut the grease as good if not better than the carpet degreaser I had been using. As a test, I put the pre spray in my Orbot and scrubbed it in with a fiber pad. That in itself cleaned up the carpet drastically. In fact when I followed with the Cimex and Hot knife I made further small improvements on the carpet, but it was clear Grease Hawg had done most of the work.

As far as the Detonator (a peroxide based cleaner) I'm not sure if it helped me much on this job. I was fighting a film of grease, not many food stains. It may have given a boost to both the Grease Hog and HKE but not really sure. And not sure if in this situation it justified the extra chemical cost.

Then I ran out of the sample Pre spray and decided to do the final section with just the Cimex and Hot Knife Extreme, this time double strength:
View attachment 31044 View attachment 31045 View attachment 31046

It came out well...but not as good as first pre spraying with Grease Hawg.

Here is what I know: I have an all encap system that will work very well on greasy restaurants with the new Grease Hawg being the key. More testing to come.

ebarnett

Jul 5, 2013
Morgantown, WV
www.UltraBrite.biz
Real Name
Eric Barnett
I just bought a gallon of hot knife and grease hog and denanotor I have some apt hall ways to do and I want to use the cimex there bad but not that bad you think your combo will work for me
Yes. The worse the carpet, the greater transformation you can make. I have seen nothing "too dirty" for Grease Hog and Detonator. That is assuming you have vacuumed out all dry soil first and extracted any compacted grease rising as a solid out of the carpet. The Cimex and those chems are a killer combo. If really bad, pre spray a heavier dilution of GH and Detonator and let sit for 10 minutes. Then follow up with the Cimex and more solution at a normal mix.

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
so pre vacume would be good to do let me ask you how do u do stairs with encap I see some do it with a car buffer with pads
You must pre-vacuum unless you are confident and staffs pre-vacuuming. I use an oreck orbiter for stairs. The orbiter allows me to use pads or a brush.

ebarnett

Jul 5, 2013
Morgantown, WV
www.UltraBrite.biz
Real Name
Eric Barnett
Cool! Glad it worked for you. After more experimentation, I have since simplified my chems. I feel Grease Hog and HKE are redundant on most jobs I do. So I just use Grease Hog. If I need to mix a pre spray, I will mix Grease Hog at 4 oz per gallon and Detonator at 5 oz. And spray and let dwell on spots and bad traffic lanes. I follow up with 2 oz GH and 5 oz Detonator per gallon in the Cimex or Orbot. I've been getting great results and the solutions are very economical.