Restaurants made easy with encap | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Restaurants made easy with encap

ebarnett

Jul 5, 2013
Morgantown, WV
www.UltraBrite.biz
Real Name
Eric Barnett
My encap jobs look good far longer than when I use a rotary and truckmount but most do not believe that until they have a trinity machine and vacaway products ---which I have noticed the club is growing.

10 months of encap only but used a lot of absorbent pads on heavy soil areas instead of just a fiber pad.

Checked this job 2 weeks after at end of video

Awesome video!

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
they have kept me on the same 4-6 wk schedule that they have always had. They are all very satisfied customers with my cleaning.

Please Note: using encap on compacted grease areas does not work well. If you can see the grease rising as a solid out of the carpet, encap will have a hard time. You will be able to break down the grease, but you will make a big mess that the bonnets just can't completely clean up. In those areas extraction is still the best.

The schedule is the key I think. I have not yet met a restaurant owner/manager that would go with that sort of schedule, most want those results, for that price, but done every 6 months or longer.

The job takes me about 3 hrs and I make $350.

I doubt it would be too much less with a TM. I just found out this morning that I can buy the Hot Knife Extreme locally and have a case ordered.

ebarnett

Jul 5, 2013
Morgantown, WV
www.UltraBrite.biz
Real Name
Eric Barnett
The schedule is the key I think. I have not yet met a restaurant owner/manager that would go with that sort of schedule, most want those results, for that price, but done every 6 months or longer.

I doubt it would be too much less with a TM. I just found out this morning that I can buy the Hot Knife Extreme locally and have a case ordered.

cool. I did not know Vacaway has local distributors. I thought they were all online. I usually buy enough for the free shipping.

Reactions: Bexiesbruv

Jimmy L

Apr 16, 2012
Ne
Real Name
Jimmy Ladigwag
Business Location
United States
Adding two oz of CTI's Extreme Clean to my 5 gallon sprayer filled with encapuclean02 does it for me.

In fact just using 2 oz of extreme clean in my 5 gallon battery sprayer makes a great bonnet cleaner with min residue.

Reactions: Troyster

MPR

Mar 10, 2014
Illinois
Real Name
Mike Raimer
Business Location
United States
Can anyone of you encappers show us a picture of how it looks 24-36 hours later? Not 5minutes later. I'm still not believing that this is a proper way to remove the soil and grease from restaurant carpet. Office carpet: yes, Restaurant carpet:????

I'm just concerned that it's gonna look like crap, less than a week later. That's all.
The first time I cleaned a restaurant, I just used the extraction. I bumped up to using the cimex along with extraction, and then subsequently just encap. Seems to work well.

MPR

Mar 10, 2014
Illinois
Real Name
Mike Raimer
Business Location
United States
I know Matt, I hear those concerns all the time with this encap stuff. Now the shocker...the carpets in the restaurant looks better 24 hours later!

As far as resoiling, to say that the encap will last longer than HWE is hard to judge. In these restaurants they get filthy so quickly either way. I have several restaurants like this that I got because owners were unhappy with previous cleaners (HWE - probably the cleaners were the problem, not the method) they have kept me on the same 4-6 wk schedule that they have always had. They are all very satisfied customers with my cleaning.

Please Note: using encap on compacted grease areas does not work well. If you can see the grease rising as a solid out of the carpet, encap will have a hard time. You will be able to break down the grease, but you will make a big mess that the bonnets just can't completely clean up. In those areas extraction is still the best.

So what method works best, prespray with a degreaser, such as a solve oil product, and then encap? Do you HWE also, or just use the cimex? Do you try to sell carpet protector and how do you do so with a monthly or every six week schedule. I assume its stripped by the cleaning....and do you use any type of oxygen booster with prespray

ebarnett

Jul 5, 2013
Morgantown, WV
www.UltraBrite.biz
Real Name
Eric Barnett
So what method works best, prespray with a degreaser, such as a solve oil product, and then encap? Do you HWE also, or just use the cimex? Do you try to sell carpet protector and how do you do so with a monthly or every six week schedule. I assume its stripped by the cleaning....and do you use any type of oxygen booster with prespray

This is all debatable. I have been hoping for an all encap system to use in most restaurant situations. Up until now, yes I had to use a non encap pre spray degreaser to assist in breaking down the film of grease. Then I would come back over it with the Cimex and encap. But with this new Vacaway Grease Hog pre spray I am hoping to use all encap chemicals for restaurants. Why? Since it is not being rinsed, I don't want to leave any sticky residue. Also I was concerned that the non encap chemicals were fudging up the chemistry of the encap. Finally, restaurants do not pay very well, so a wise businessman would try to find the quickest, cheapest, way to still get very good results. Encap often fits that bill.

Yes I have HWE capabilities, but bringing in more machines and processes for the above mentioned type of jobs can decrease your margins even further. In other words, I could use HWE and then Cimex and encap, pad with the Orbot and spend 6 hrs at the job. My results would probably be stellar. Or I could do a very good job with the Cimex and Orbot in 3 or less.

Since these jobs are done so often, every 4-6 wks, selling carpet protector does not make a lot of sense.

Yes I always use Bonnet Pro Bright All in my pre spray and Encap. I did not use it on this posted job because I had put Vacaway Detonator in my solutions which is peroxide based.

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
This is all debatable. I have been hoping for an all encap system to use in most restaurant situations. Up until now, yes I had to use a non encap pre spray degreaser to assist in breaking down the film of grease. Then I would come back over it with the Cimex and encap. But with this new Vacaway Grease Hog pre spray I am hoping to use all encap chemicals for restaurants. Why? Since it is not being rinsed, I don't want to leave any sticky residue. Also I was concerned that the non encap chemicals were fudging up the chemistry of the encap. Finally, restaurants do not pay very well, so a wise businessman would try to find the quickest, cheapest, way to still get very good results. Encap often fits that bill.

Yes I have HWE capabilities, but bringing in more machines and processes for the above mentioned type of jobs can decrease your margins even further. In other words, I could use HWE and then Cimex and encap, pad with the Orbot and spend 6 hrs at the job. My results would probably be stellar. Or I could do a very good job with the Cimex and Orbot in 3 or less.

Since these jobs are done so often, every 4-6 wks, selling carpet protector does not make a lot of sense.

Yes I always use Bonnet Pro Bright All in my pre spray and Encap. I did not use it on this posted job because I had put Vacaway Detonator in my solutions which is peroxide based.

What pads for the Orbot?

ebarnett

Jul 5, 2013
Morgantown, WV
www.UltraBrite.biz
Real Name
Eric Barnett
What pads for the Orbot?

For greasy restaurants I like Tuways. They are cheap and will work well. You will get them nasty, but they will clean up. However the grease will stain them. I like to keep my residential bonnets (micro fiber) separate from the bonnets I'm going to get trashed. I always like to have a nice set that the customer potentially may see. In these restaurants though, just use the same ones over and over, stained and all.

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
For greasy restaurants I like Tuways. They are cheap and will work well. You will get them nasty, but they will clean up. However the grease will stain them. I like to keep my residential bonnets (micro fiber) separate from the bonnets I'm going to get trashed. I always like to have a nice set that the customer potentially may see. In these restaurants though, just use the same ones over and over, stained and all.

I took a look at the Tuways site. Which do I need to look at? Soory to keep on at this but I want to hone in on a better pad than the Glad pads I have had and a more economical pad than the BonnetPros. I think I will keep the BonnetPros for residential.

ebarnett

Jul 5, 2013
Morgantown, WV
www.UltraBrite.biz
Real Name
Eric Barnett

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Bonnet Pro makes good stuff.

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
Bonnet Pro makes good stuff.
I bought the sample packs from john and I agree, the more I get to use them the better I like them. I was a bit uncertain initially but do feel I want to keep them for residential rather than wrecking them on oil field or restaurant jobs.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I bought the sample packs from john and I agree, the more I get to use them the better I like them. I was a bit uncertain initially but do feel I want to keep them for residential rather than wrecking them on oil field or restaurant jobs.
Oil field is right lol

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
OK, I have those and you're right they are inferior. I pretty much just use them for agitation or encapping (no/little absorbtion)
Thanks.

http://www.tuwaymops.com/Products/carpetbonnets.html

The speed trek is not bad IMO. I bought the thin ones also, but haven't used them for encap, I use the speed trek. I use the thin ones for cleaning hardwood and vct sometimes, just to remove any remaining soil before a finish is applied.

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
Also I was thinking, my encapuclean O2 says it can be used as a rinse. So technically couldn't I pre spray with any regular pre-spray and agitate, then follow up with the encap and bonnet extract? And this shouldn't leave any residue. (I am going to assume most if not all encaps can be used as a rinse, but might be wrong) It sounds like that is basically what was going on in this thread. And I don't see anything wrong with it to be honest. Because I just did a CGD with HWE and it felt like I wasn't even vacuuming anything because it was so matted down. I feel like encap would have been a better choice, even though it seemed pretty soiled. I might actually follow up with encap tomorrow or the next day if the custy wants

ebarnett

Jul 5, 2013
Morgantown, WV
www.UltraBrite.biz
Real Name
Eric Barnett
Also I was thinking, my encapuclean O2 says it can be used as a rinse. So technically couldn't I pre spray with any regular pre-spray and agitate, then follow up with the encap and bonnet extract? And this shouldn't leave any residue. (I am going to assume most if not all encaps can be used as a rinse, but might be wrong) It sounds like that is basically what was going on in this thread. And I don't see anything wrong with it to be honest. Because I just did a CGD with HWE and it felt like I wasn't even vacuuming anything because it was so matted down. I feel like encap would have been a better choice, even though it seemed pretty soiled. I might actually follow up with encap tomorrow or the next day if the custy wants

My only thoughts on this is a non encap pre spray may cause the encap polymers to not crystallize properly. Then whatever you leave in the carpet may be sticky and attract soil. However I am no chemist.

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
Thanks Eric for the post. We're getting better at encapping and still learning the ropes. Our first test with our Cimex was on a restaurant that we clean every month. It didn't work as well as the HWE but I was impressed with the results none the less. We used Releasit with a HWE prespray and though it turned out real good. It actually took longer than our TM I think because of the grease. That and we have big TMs that we run between 500-600 psi on those nasty buggers. :)