Respirator replacement lenses | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Respirator replacement lenses

Discussion in 'Bio-Hazard, Crime Scene, Trauma, Cleanup Forum' started by Robert86, Sep 26, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. Robert86

Robert86 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2016
    Male
    Missoula, MT
    Ratings:
    +1,071 / 1 / -0
    I have a Willson 6000 series full face respirator and a RACAL (now 3M) BE7 fullface which need new lenses. It seems these models have been changed though, and the lenses used now wont work. Trying to locate the oval shaped lens for these masks. Any help on this would be much appreciated. I have to do some work next month and would really like to be able to see clearly.

2. Superior Sealing Solutions

Nov 16, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Try Grainger industrial supply. Or just Google safety equipment.

Grainger Industrial Supply

212 Industrial Way W, Eatontown, NJ 07724
    (732) 542-3636

https://g.co/kgs/GU9VD1

3. Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
    Male
    Missoula, MT
    Ratings:
    +1,071 / 1 / -0
    The problem I'm running into is that these models are obsolete. From what I can tell they no longer make the 3M BE7 mask and the Willson has been completely redesigned. I finally found one company that has a few of the older lenses for the Willson and another that has a lens that looks like it might fit the BE7. I'm waiting to hear back from the company on the dimensions. I might just have to deal with the scuffed lenses a little longer and buy a new mask after this round of jobs.

4. Superior Sealing Solutions

Nov 16, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    I wonder if you can sand the scratchs out with a super fine sandpaper

5. Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
    Male
    Missoula, MT
    Ratings:
    +1,071 / 1 / -0
    I tried. Lightly buffed with 4 ought steel wool then worked through my micro mesh polishing pads. The final grit micromesh feels like a piece of construction paper. I use them to get a super silky polish on guitars and I've polished my windshield with them too. But on a plastic lens it just made it look foggy.

6. AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP

May 15, 2016
    Ratings:
    +122 / 1 / -0
  7. Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
    Male
    Missoula, MT
    Ratings:
    +1,071 / 1 / -0
  8. AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP

May 15, 2016
    Ratings:
    +122 / 1 / -0
    [​IMG]
    We kept it on hand for little scratches etc
    Started using it on customers headlights, works awesome...customers loved it, some places charged damn good money to buff and polish out and for the 30secs time and effort was soo easy we just did it...earnt lots of tips!!
    Then started using on whatever we could, grabbed an old pair of hazy scuffed safety glasses sitting on a bench...worked surprisingly well!!!