Mr.Steamer

Apr 6, 2017
Springfield, OR
www.TryMrSteamer.com
Real Name
Kevin Linn
Business Location
United States
Had a few calls recently for people wanting either their linoleum simply cleaned and others cleaned and waxed. We're just getting started on resi hard surfaces and not sure A. What to charge, B. Process for cleaning or stripping and waxing linoleum.

We do carpets all day and commercial strip and wax etc., but never tried to do it on residential. Seems like we've been passing up on money by not doing it, so looking for some advice. Thanks for the help!

Jun 16, 2020
Real Name
Mike Peterson
If it's small area no going up and down a bunch of stairs $275 . If you are going to do a lot of these small areas check out the tomcat edge machine. They are meant for this. You will thank me later I love that little machine. You tube has videos on them.

Mr.Steamer

Apr 6, 2017
Springfield, OR
www.TryMrSteamer.com
Real Name
Kevin Linn
Business Location
United States
If it's small area no going up and down a bunch of stairs $275 . If you are going to do a lot of these small areas check out the tomcat edge machine. They are meant for this. You will thank me later I love that little machine. You tube has videos on them.
So you charge $275 regardless of the size? Or is that like a minimum charge?

I've seen those machines before, always marketed as a square scrub

Jun 16, 2020
Real Name
Mike Peterson
Linoleum I have waxed a hundred times. True when new it has a nice shine but as it wears you can bring back the shine again with a real good cleaning and a couple of coats of floor finish. I have a number of vet clinics with it. Treat the same as VCT tile. Looks great and holds it's shine just as long as VCT.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
There's a special place in hell for dudes who wax Lino
Thot you were atheist? Lol

Yea wouldn’t wax that stuff. I’ve installed new sheetgoods made from a fiberglass now that vinyl is leaps and bounds better than Lino but still wouldn’t wax

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
Theirs a special stripper designed for linoleum. It’s got a lower PH. I personally wouldn’t use regular stripper. If you decide to anyway make sure and mix it on the weak side. There’s also special floor finish as well but a good finish will work. Btw I strip them all the time. They wear out like any floor and need refinishing to spite what others say. Put a piece of sheet metal down on a floor and walk on it for a year and your wear a pattern in it. Everything that is put down on a floor needs maintenance! EVERYTHING

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
The make products that say they can be applied to lino...

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Wax will protect it and stay cleaner longer . Do it all the time .