Residential building

cleanbeast

Feb 4, 2020
Real Name
Fabiano Silvestre
Just starting out and got a potential client that would like carpet cleaning for a residential apartment with 25 floors.

I'm thinking VLM might be the best option since there would be people walking in and out throughout the job, and maybe the quickest method also.

Would encapsulation + CRB be my best bet? Or should I use a cimex? (Heard that it voids warranty) there are quite a bit of urine stains and garbage bag leak stains on the carpets...Or should I just go with HWE?
Attached some pictures of few stains currently in the building...

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG-20200709-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20200709-WA0005.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG-20200709-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20200709-WA0003.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 200

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
If it’s just general soiling from foot traffic then VLM works great. You need more than just a CRB for VLM though. A Cimex or OP machine are best for VLM. A 175 and bonnets can also be used.

When you are dealing with urine HWE is always the better option. I’d look in to getting a good portable.

Depending on your budget I would recommend getting both a HWE setup and VLM equipment. Both methods of cleaning are tools you want to have in your tool box. There will be times when one method will be preferable over the other.

cleanbeast

Feb 4, 2020
Real Name
Fabiano Silvestre
Is it true that Cimex would void the warranty in a residential setting?

I would mainly be doing apartment common areas with VLM but I definitely don't want to mess up their warranty..

Any suggestions for an OP machine? I did not expect the cimex to be so heavy on the wallet...wow

Hacky-sack

May 22, 2020
Real Name
Andrew Schultz
Just starting out and got a potential client that would like carpet cleaning for a residential apartment with 25 floors.

I'm thinking VLM might be the best option since there would be people walking in and out throughout the job, and maybe the quickest method also.

Would encapsulation + CRB be my best bet? Or should I use a cimex? (Heard that it voids warranty) there are quite a bit of urine stains and garbage bag leak stains on the carpets...Or should I just go with HWE?
Attached some pictures of few stains currently in the building...

Thanks!
CRB is a joke next to a Cimex.
There's a few used ones out there but IMO, a CRB isn't even worth the room on the van floor

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
Cimex is an excellent machine. We have a number of them. And as someone said hot water extraction is always the preferable method when possible.
Done properly as with any method cimex is one of the best. There’s a reason they cost so much. As well as why they’ve been around so long. Few things have stayed in the market place with no changes as long as cimex has. When you hit a home run you don’t screw with it.
As far as warranty on the carpet goes I’m personally never concerned. In all the years I’ve been in business I’ve never seen a carpet manufacturer replace a carpet yet. With the manufacture it’s always someone else’s fault lol!

Hacky-sack

May 22, 2020
Real Name
Andrew Schultz
Cimex is an excellent machine. We have a number of them. And as someone said hot water extraction is always the preferable method when possible.
Done properly as with any method cimex is one of the best. There’s a reason they cost so much. As well as why they’ve been around so long. Few things have stayed in the market place with no changes as long as cimex has. When you hit a home run you don’t screw with it.
As far as warranty on the carpet goes I’m personally never concerned. In all the years I’ve been in business I’ve never seen a carpet manufacturer replace a carpet yet. With the manufacture it’s always someone else’s fault lol!
Agree. The whole warrantee thing is a bunch of hype that is only relevant to worrisome cleaners.
Never comes up in the mind of a client and that's the only thing that matters

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
look like carpet squares. common entry apt. hard to get to,,, , if you can , long hose runs.

if porty, then most likely no convenient availabity to access to water. , unless they cooperate, and there happens to be vacant units. Hit and miss

all adding up to Cimex or op, or even a good 175 and encapping.

When I did these , I had to haul water in , in large jusgs. , with my encap premixed, applied with a battery sprayer. and then OPed using bonnet. ROYAL PITA to be honest. hopefully it can be priced enough to make it worthwhile

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
look like carpet squares. common entry apt. hard to get to,,, , if you can , long hose runs.

if porty, then most likely no convenient availabity to access to water. , unless they cooperate, and there happens to be vacant units. Hit and miss

all adding up to Cimex or op, or even a good 175 and encapping.

When I did these , I had to haul water in , in large jusgs. , with my encap premixed, applied with a battery sprayer. and then OPed using bonnet. ROYAL PITA to be honest. hopefully it can be priced enough to make it worthwhile
I had a 50+ and over building but got tossed out when they changed management for a cleaner working for .18 cents which I wouldn’t match. I kept a portable in a locked janitorial closet. I’d keep the Cimex and 185/215 variable Tenent Nobles scrubber in my truck......They had a utility sink on every floor in a locked room I’d use....... I cleaned apartments and common areas. Nice account.