Report Card on Nautilus Extreme 11 months old

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
Kevin, have you felt the need or used a booster on your average hose run?
Not yet Jim, the 1st 100 foot to come off my hose real are two 50 footers, i use them weather i need the full 100 or not

Most of my runs are 100 or less, a couple of times i had to add the 30 footer i have for a total of 130 feet, still plenty of suction

I did a video that on FB portable carpet cleaners page where i had 160 foot of hose and put a lift gauge on the end of hose

I have a mytee booster but i no longer even keep it on my truck

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
We have a Nautilus Extreme...would never dare plug in more than the 25 foot 10 gauge extension cord. Too much amperage running through that beast.

Suction Junkie

Feb 24, 2011
Chicago Illinois
Real Name
Reuben Brumby
Business Location
United States
We have a Nautilus Extreme...would never dare plug in more than the 25 foot 10 gauge extension cord. Too much amperage running through that beast.
Why? I'm using 50 foot, and sometimes 100 foot of 10 gauge.
What am I missing?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I'll take my real world experience over a calculator. We used to burn machines out all the time. Think of it like lanes on a highway, the longer the cord, the more narrow the lanes become and friction builds up (therefore heat) and the full power isn't reach the motor for the maximum efficiency.

We stopped using longer cords and all the burn outs stopped.

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I'll take my real world experience over a calculator. We used to burn machines out all the time. Think of it like lanes on a highway, the longer the cord, the more narrow the lanes become and friction builds up (therefore heat) and the full power isn't reach the motor for the maximum efficiency.

We stopped using longer cords and all the burn outs stopped.
You may have just had bad cords. I have 2 12awg 25' rigid cords. And 2 50' 12 awg cords. I cant use the shorter rigid ones. They over heat at the cord ends. I melted one once. The wiring is fine. Its the ends. I was going to cut them off and put on new ones but the 50's work fine. I even use a 100' 12awg cord. Reslly shouldnt but i keep an eye on it.
What happens is if you have any loose connecting point like the ends being a loose fit. Theyll arc. This is where fire happens. Also if you have too long of a cord and coil it tight or a door pinches it. It will be a resistance point like you said with traffic. Only its a hot spot. And it can burn or as i did about a week ago it can explode with a loud "POP". Some cords the copper strands are the weak link. But almost always it the plug ends.

The calculator is a voltage drop calculator. They are used for almost everything electrical.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Use good plug ends, these tend to stay seated in the outlet best for me with heavier gauge cords. Cords that wiggle loose easily or won't stay in are a heat/resistance problem. Proper gauge cords at distance are definitely not a problem, just like outlets furthest from the breaker box are not a problem.

45763bc6-fbe7-41ce-a467-ae60c6a729da.jpg._CB317806849_.jpg

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Use good plug ends, these tend to stay seated in the outlet best for me with heavier gauge cords. Cords that wiggle loose easily or won't stay in are a heat/resistance problem. Proper gauge cords at distance are definitely not a problem, just like outlets furthest from the breaker box are not a problem.

View attachment 78500
YES ! Snip off those moulded ends and attach the above or similar or at least the male.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
My machines work hard for me, so I feed them electricity from the best cords I can get... These machines are my babies !

GusBR

Jun 20, 2018
Real Name
Gus Burgar
Does anyone know how large the area for the vacuum motor intake is on the manifold for the Nautilus Extreme? Is two inches in diameter or smaller? Just curious