Removing vct

Floor Restore

Feb 20, 2013
Winter Haven, FL
Real Name
Bryan Meeks
Business Location
United States
How much do you like to make per day and what is you productivity rate with your given equipment?
What will be your expenses besides man hrs?
These are questions s to ask yourself. This is how I bid abnormal jobs..... My cost, time plus profit.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
have you tested for asbestos?

some VCT tiles that were made (I believe I'm not certain on the exact year) prior to the late 90's contained asbestos and most with high content.

be careful, test for asbestos and get the "legal" clearance to proceed. One contaminated individual or facility can mean the loss of all your assets especially if you are no incorporated.

For the footage you mentioned, It is a large area. cleaning your mess, If you take on the job blindly, could easily be out of your budget to pay for let alone

the legal implications lawsuits, medical expenses of others and fines. Also the risk of exposing yourself to asbestos needs to be taken in consideration.

test the floor and proceed intelligently.

good luck

Bob the floor guy

Jan 6, 2014
saint marys, pa
Real Name
robert perlick
Thanks for the reply, I had already told them it would be time and materials. Was wondering how close I was on the price per sqft. Plus I'm looking at productivity. I have a walk behind tile stripper but thinking of renting a ride on. Looks like about 500 sqft/hour with the walk behind
Need to find out if they want the glue skimmed or cleaned all the way down to concrete. They are on the fence whether to remove or strip and wax. Its an old grocery store that's being remodeled for a dealer ship.
The tile are not asbestos but thanks for the reminder.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
In my area, removal runs about $1.50 - $2.50 but that's for jobs around 2000 sq ft. Those prices also include disposal for non asbestos tile. Our regs for disposal of building material like VCT are pretty laxed though. You might have additional costs for it where you are.